Ask Ian for OCT'08 - On Moebius, Iain asks You!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Ask Ian for OCT'08 - On Moebius, Iain asks You!

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:05 am

The Rules wrote:"Ask Ian" Rules

(1) I'll Post Answers Once a Week

I'll be taking questions from Sunday to Saturday each week. Saturday 11:59PM is the cut-off for new questions, and new answers will be posted the following Sunday. Sometimes I get busy and can't post answers exactly on Sunday. In those cases, just be patient - I'll answer soon!

(2) Five Questions Each

You get five questions per week. You don't have to ask five, and it doesn't have to be all at once. And none of that tricky "sub-question" stuff that's popped up. If you put some kind of variant on there, I'll count it as another question to be fair to everyone else. Play fair!

(3) Why Not Everything is Answered

I'll be picking the questions I think will benefit everyone reading, so don't be heart broken if I skip over yours. I'm not playing favorites. Also, there's some questions I simply can't answer for behind-the-scenes reasons. In rare occasions, I can't even say that I can't answer! If your question doesn't get answered, it's best to save it for later or move on to something else.

(4) Let Me Do the Answering

I want this feature to be all about official information, and there's a very select few folks here who count as official. Unless you have a link to a forum post of mine or the exact issue and page numbers, your answer isn't going to be "accurate." So save yourself the hassle and let me handle it.

(5) Where'd My Post Go?

As I said, I want this to be info-rich. There's a whole forum for discussion. So if I feel like your post is distracting from the thread's purpose, it's gone. So keep things neat and tidy for everyone else, okay?

Yeah, so, we still have three days of September left. Tough noogies! New Ask Ian thread is GO!
Last edited by Ian Flynn on Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby GrandMasterGalvatron » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:55 am

Why couldn't you type your name properly in the description? :P (Real questions coming later)
GrandMasterGalvatron
BumbleKnight

Postby Staf » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:47 pm

In issue #134, Sonic asks Bunnie where Antoine got the scar. She responds "Only Quack knows where he got it. ...". We later find out in issue #156 that it's actually Evil Antoine and Sonic says "When no one-- not even Bunnie-- could explain how you got that scar! ..."
Was there going to be some story where Dr. Quack was actually an Anti version, or was that just something that popped up or slipped through the cracks?
Staf
BumbleFan

Postby Excelhedge » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:39 am

1. Why arn't the FF using Ant's knowledge of moebius to thier advantage?

2. Was it that a miscoloring for the SS's outfits in 192?

3. Does Eggman still have his Satam "red and black" eyes behind those glasses?

4. are the any other couples in the SS beside Scourge and
Fiona? I seem to rember Patch hitting on Alicia a while back...
Excelhedge
BumbleKnight

Postby Ashram » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:07 pm

Since Moebius is located in the "Antiverse", can it be assumed that they have a version of the Chaos Emeralds? If so, what would you personally name those Emeralds? (And don't say Anti-Emeralds, darn you. >.>)
Ashram
BumbleKnight

Postby Count Koopula » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:42 am

Without giving to much information away, will issue #200 feature something surprising happening (like #175) or a more simple/normal story?
Count Koopula
BumbleClan

Postby Lewanut » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:45 pm

Is the original Sonic miniseries considered canon at all?

Veggie Burgers,
Lewanut
Lewanut
BumbleClan

Postby Mr Saxon » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:59 pm

1. Without giving too much away, is Silver set to become a recurring character in STH? Or is he only going to appear in 'Sonic Universe'?

2. Will Miles be featuring more in the future after #195?
Last edited by Mr Saxon on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Saxon
BumbleKnight

Postby Orion101 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:41 pm

1.In your story you had Hope commenting on how Sir Charles said she was doing a great job, and later said in the original script that he was present to watch her progress. Does this mean he had been mentoring her prior to her leaving?

2. Since Mammoth Mogul gave Mina and Mighty their powers did he also give the fearsome foursome their powers?

3. Why did the Destructix simply back off after Sonic destroyed the weapon, they had him outnumbered and outmatched, it seems odd.

4. Are the city states that make up the United Fedration all located in different land masses around the planet or are they within the same broad region like the city states of Ancient Greece only farther apart?
Orion101
BumbleFan

Postby bossmanham » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:56 pm

This may have already been asked in the past, but I'm pretty new to the boards here, so forgive me if it has. What kind of creative freedom do you have? Does Sega ever step in and shoot down story ideas? Do they have any control over the story?
bossmanham
BumbleNewbie

Postby ScourgeBlackRose » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:44 pm

1. With Rob O' Hedge appearing in # 195 will Mari-An also appear as well in the story? Or is she long gone along with Rob's kid? In other words, will not be shown?

2. At the end of "Hedgehog Havoc" will we be seeing Scourgie get the punishment he deserves or will it be his last appearance ever in the comic? *sniff* I love dat hedgie.
:cry:

3. Will we ever see Dr. F again? He was such a good villain so will we be seeing him in upcoming issues as we're on the road to # 200?

4. Is poor Locke officially gone like Tommy Turtle?

5. What made you decide to use Miles as the master-mind of the whole operation: "Dethrone Scourgie" plan? Tee-hee that was a good evil plan name. I just luv Miles and that little grin of his.
ScourgeBlackRose
BumbleNewbie

Postby Legionfan44 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:26 am

1) you said SU would contain elseworld tails...any chance on cutting a deal to get some Fleetway STC stories printed.

2) Will you have "Spotlight" style issues in SU "You know issues focusing one one specific chracter or place.

3) Will We see More of The history of Mobius explaned in SU

4) will Silver & Blaze ever team up in STH or SU

5) Will any new or really old yet almost forggoten villians apper in STH or SU sometime in 2009?

:?:
Legionfan44
BumbleKnight

Postby GrandMasterGalvatron » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:03 pm

ok, I think I the only real question is the obligatory fave character question so...

Is there any chance that Sonia (as in Sonic's sister from the Underground universe) might appear in Sonic Universe?
GrandMasterGalvatron
BumbleKnight

Postby Sockie » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:59 pm

If/when Omega shows up, will he be calling anyone "meatbags" like in Sonic Chronicles? I love how he does that. =P
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby Orion101 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:15 am

My fifth question.
5. Will we ever see the game items and weapons for Rouge like Iron Boots or Treasure scope?
Orion101
BumbleFan

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius