Ask Ian for AUG/SEP '08 - Did You Miss It?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Ask Ian for AUG/SEP '08 - Did You Miss It?

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:13 pm

The Rules wrote:"Ask Ian" Rules

(1) I'll Post Answers Once a Week

I'll be taking questions from Sunday to Saturday each week. Saturday 11:59PM is the cut-off for new questions, and new answers will be posted the following Sunday. Sometimes I get busy and can't post answers exactly on Sunday. In those cases, just be patient - I'll answer soon!

(2) Five Questions Each

You get five questions per week. You don't have to ask five, and it doesn't have to be all at once. And none of that tricky "sub-question" stuff that's popped up. If you put some kind of variant on there, I'll count it as another question to be fair to everyone else. Play fair!

(3) Why Not Everything is Answers

I'll be picking the questions I think will benefit everyone reading, so don't be heart broken if I skip over yours. I'm not playing favorites. Also, there's some questions I simply can't answer for behind-the-scenes reasons. In rare occasions, I can't even say that I can't answer! If your question doesn't get answered, it's best to save it for later or move on to something else.

(4) Let Me Do the Answering

I want this feature to be all about official information, and there's a very select few folks here who count as official. Unless you have a link to a forum post of mine or the exact issue and page numbers, your answer isn't going to be "accurate." So save yourself the hassle and let me handle it.

(5) Where'd My Post Go?

As I said, I want this to be info-rich. There's a whole forum for discussion. So if I feel like your post is distracting from the thread's purpose, it's gone. So keep things neat and tidy for everyone else, okay?

How do you like the new, cleaned-up rules?

I was going to wait until Sunday to start this up, but since the first couple of weeks will be rocky, I figured we might as well get a jump on this. I'm super-busy, so bear with me if it takes me to get back into the swing of things.

Veterans, you know the drill. New folks, you can see the rules. So let's get this party started! :D
Last edited by Ian Flynn on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Promethean0416 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:20 pm

For my questions:

Why did you decide to make Scourge a king?

Will we know what exactly happened in Moebius when Scourge went back and made those changes prior to the FHQ invasion?
Promethean0416
BumbleKnight

Postby Sockie » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:21 pm

Small spoiler for #191.

Seeing as how the Sonic Chronicles adaption wasn't canon, will we ever see anything from Chronicles in the Primeverse? Or are elements from it off-limits?
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby oca2007 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:39 pm

1) Will Nicole ever go into some more history about herself?

2) Why are the SS afraid of Scourge?

3) In ish 190, Scourge tells Sonic that he is the most powerful dude on Mobius...why?

4) Even though the SS are anti-FF, will there change of heart/mind (similar to Shadow I guess)?

5) Will we ever the the Metal Sonic from ish 86-87 again?
oca2007
BumbleNewbie

Postby snax90 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:42 pm

1) What made you decide to bring Metal Sonic back for "Metal and Mettle?"

2) Does Patch actually need that eye patch now?
snax90
BumbleFan

Postby Zulon Eredas » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:31 pm

Can't remember if it's been asked already so I'll ask it.

1) Does Sonic still have his Billionth Ring or was it vaporized during Knothole's destruction?

2) Would you ever consider bringing in Babylon Garden or has the revilations that the Rogues are decended from Aliens make it too confusing?

3) Since Fiona turned traitor is she completely beyond redemption or does she still have a shred of decency left in her?
Last edited by Zulon Eredas on Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zulon Eredas
BumbleNoble

Postby AmyRose82 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:06 pm

The question on everyone's mind....

Why the absence of Anti-Bunnie?
AmyRose82
BumbleNewbie

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:17 pm

1. Is "Moebius" pronounced differently from the typical Mobius?

2. If not, how do people seem to recognize the difference?

3. Did you specify how you wanted the characters (Suppression Squad in particular) to appear emotionally in #190 to Tracy or did he simply make that decision himself? (i.e. Page 3 and how three of them looked arrogant and the other three...angrily reluctant...)

4. If so, was it simply as a way to reflect their new personalities or was that a way of foreshadowing what they might do later on? (Might be asking too much with that...)

5. Are Metal Sonic and Metal Scourge being controlled directly by Eggman or do they control themselves and just take directions from Eggman who speaks through them?
Last edited by Radz the Hedgehog on Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby EthanEmerald » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:44 pm

Hello!

1) What is the official current date in Mobius as of the most recent issue?

2) I'm curious, have you guys worked out how far away New Mobotropolis is from (former) Knothole Valley? (Such as, within the Great Forest or further beyond?)

3) When did the the valley cliff wall (part of which is Freedom HQ) become so short? There is such a shallow drop from the top of the base to the "valley floor" that it is hard to believe that a "great" oak slide was once necessary to enter the village.

4) Since Metal Scourge is not the Moebius parallel to Metal Sonic, the question remains, who are their parallels?

5) Now that guardian Locke is dead, and since Knuckles and the Chaotix are performing missions in service of New Mobotropolis, who is protecting the now plain-in-sight Master Emerald up on Shrine Isle?

That's all for now, thanks for returning the feature and tolerating my picky questions.
Last edited by EthanEmerald on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby Legionfan44 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:34 am

1) Do you have any future plans for the 6-S

2) Why/when did you dicide for there to be a Metal Scourge

3) Will Balze ever return to the comics

4) Will the Sonic Unleashed adaption Be in STH or SX?

5) Will #200 be a big event like #125 ...or not so big like #150

Thanks for your time!
Legionfan44
BumbleKnight

Postby Caesar Clown » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:47 pm

1) will we see anymore of mina or nack anytime soon?

2) will there be anything soon detailing the "armada" of which jet, bean, and predator hawk have mentioned?

3) Do you have any plans on bringing back some of the knuckles villains, such as Ebony Hare?

4) we havent seen anything of the downunda or sand-blast city freedom fighters, will we be seeing them soon or sometime in the future?

5) i sure do miss rob o' the hedge... got any plans for him?
Caesar Clown
BumbleClan

Postby Luger » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:12 pm

1.) In issue #155 (or #156), it was stated that Dulcy was unable to breath fire after being banished and that she only breathed fire one in issue #29 and never after that (even the editor's note said she never used her fire breath since then!). However, she clearly used fire breath in issue #68 to destroy a group of meteors coming down on Mobotropolis. How did she use her fire breath at that point?

2.) At this point in time, what extent/locations does the Eggman Empire control over Mobius, with Angel Island liberate and the capital city in ruins?

3.) What were your reasons for bringing Croctobot around for the Sonic birthday arc and be defeated so quickly, as opposed to restoring the villains (Crocbot and Octobot, primarily the former) to some level of power that they once saw?

4.) Will it be explained why Dr. Eggman hasn't actually been seen since he informed Lien-Da that Dimitri was the Dark Egg Legion's grandmaster?

5.) Do you plan on using the Neo Walkers for anything epic in the near future?
Luger
BumbleNoble

Postby Glaber » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:33 pm

1. Earlier it was said that Sega's reason for trying to keep Cream out of the main comic was to keep fans from confusing the two continuities. Is there any evedance of this actually working? (Might want to look at Sonic-grams for this one)
Glaber
BumbleCitizen

Postby GrandMasterGalvatron » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:59 pm

1. If Silver were to make an appearance, would he be able to go Super the same way that Sonic and the others can?

2. In comparison to Sonic, what does Scourge sound like?
GrandMasterGalvatron
BumbleKnight

Postby bsonic10 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:19 pm

1) Will Eggman Nega appear anytime within 2008 or 2009?

2) Who is your favorite character from Moebius?

3) Do you ever have people you personally know help you come up with story ideas (besides Mike, and I don't mean fan submitted ideas)?

4) Will the Unleashed tie-in appear before Sonic Unleashed comes out?

5) Will we be seeing Kintobor (from Moebius) again?
Last edited by bsonic10 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bsonic10
BumbleClan

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius