Ask Ian Anything - Extended Addition

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:36 pm

sonicforever wrote:So Ian since you are technically a part of the video game industry, are you going to E3?

I don't think me writing on Sonic is a tight enough tie to warrant my entrance into E3. Glory almighty, but I wish I was going @_@ I'll be too busy with my day jobs to go anyway. :(

sonicxfactor wrote:Hey Ian I just want to know what plans you exactly have for Mighty? Will he have a big role after TDS and will his friend Ray or the other Chaotix somehow be involved?

I don't want to even speculate since the first signs of plans wouldn't show up until mid/late next year. Alot can change in that time.

He won't have a huge roll in TDS, but he definitely will be in it - along with Ray and the rest of the Chaotix. I'd really like to play up on the Sonic/Tails - Mighty/Ray dichotomy, but again, that's something too far down the line to speculate on.

sonicxfactor wrote:And this "Destructix" thing, will he/she/it be well known bad guys or bad guy from the past or will "Destructix" be a new face or faces in the comic?

We've seen the Destructix before, yes. Anyone who's been around since at least the beginning of the Anonymous Conspiracy has seen the Destructix.

sonicxfactor wrote:Have you seen the Silent Hill movie yet? I heard it’s really good.

Quick and simple fact of life:

(horror movie) + (Ian Flynn) = NO.

Which is a shame, since I understand Pyramid Head is awesome.

sonicxfactor wrote:Since Archie now does a Sonic X comic do you think there is a possibility that there will be a Sonic/Sonic X crossover comic?

I wouldn't rule it out entirely, but it's unlikely and definitely not this year. We're trying to keep the two titles seperate in people's minds, and right now, a crossover might serve to muddy the waters.

sonicxfactor wrote:Have you been offered to do work on the Sonic X comic or are you going to leave that all to Joe?

Joe is still currently the man behind the magic. I may get the pleasure of doing a couple of issues in the future. After that, it's too far in the future to say.

sonicxfactor wrote:Do you have any plans to focus on Bunnie and Antoine’s love life? And do you know if Antoine's ex (the name escapes me) will be back to try and break them up?

Yes, I do.
Yes, they will.
No, she won't.
Last edited by Ian Flynn on Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Dirk Amoeba » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:16 pm

sonicforever wrote:How is it illegal if only 5 episodes have been released on DVD?

It's simple: redistribution without permission from the copyright holder is always illegal. I thought that was common knowledge.

The fact that there's been no official release only makes it worse. The lack of an official release means that someone whose opinion matters doesn't want it released at this time. By supporting pirated versions, the fans are breaking copyright laws and proving that they have absolutely no respect for the people behind the show.
Dirk Amoeba
BumbleFan

Postby bw1979 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:09 pm

So as your concern it 4-way romance began last month, cool beans, can't wait to see how it delvops

Wow 174's script is done already sort of, cool, I guess that you'll be working on 175's now, huh?

Are you suprised at how the comic has changed since very early days in '93 to what is now? What surprised you the most

What's your favorite 80's Song?

And did you ever see Transformers the Movie, how and when?
bw1979
KER-BANNED!

Postby Kamal » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:26 pm

Has Ken Penders' writing for the old Knuckles story influenced how you see and write for the Angel Island members of the cast? (Related to my post in the 165 preview thread.)
Kamal
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:03 pm

Kamal wrote:Has Ken Penders' writing for the old Knuckles story influenced how you see and write for the Angel Island members of the cast?

I think it's fair to say Ken's writing has influenced my view of Sonic, period. It was his writing that got me into the book, and I adored the Knuckles series. He (and to some extent, Karl Bollers) established the world and characters I get to use now.

I'll be as true to the original as possible while blazing my own trail. I'm sure it's not how they would've done it - that's the magic of having different creative minds on the project. And in the event I'm no longer on the book (absured as that may sound ;)), someone else will take my contributions and do with them as (s)he pleases. And that's a rather exciting thought!

EDIT: because I seem to be asleep at the switch, here . . .

bw1979 wrote:I guess that you'll be working on 175's now, huh?

That's in the early planning stages, yes.

bw1979 wrote:Are you suprised at how the comic has changed since very early days in '93 to what is now? What surprised you the most

I could've sworn I answered this already, but I can't find it. Bizarre. Anyway - it's hard for me to remember what was surprising then since it's all history to me now. I went into each story expecting some kind of twist, so any surprises didn't really come as a surprise.

bw1979 wrote:What's your favorite 80's Song?

I don't know.

bw1979 wrote:And did you ever see Transformers the Movie, how and when?

I believe Croctobot answers that one for me.
And it was during my freshman year of college.
Last edited by Ian Flynn on Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Sonic922 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:08 am

In M25YL "Father's Day" Knuckles father dies in like 9 years due to cancer.

The doctor said he coould have been exposed decades ago. Will we see how he got cancer
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:22 am

Sonic922 wrote:In M25YL "Father's Day" Knuckles father dies in like 9 years due to cancer.

The doctor said he coould have been exposed decades ago. Will we see how he got cancer

I would assume Locke's self-mutation experiments and exposure during testing the Chaos Energy played some part of it. M25YL is a possible future, however, so there is the possibility that Locke never develops the cancer nine years down the road.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby bw1979 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:14 am

Will the nanites that Robotnik and A.D.A.M planted on Bunnie, Tommy, Jules and Nicole be releved in TDS or afterwards?

and will the nanties change them?

What't your favorite soda?

Do you think archie did the right thing when they fianlly changed Sally's color from pink to the color she is known for?

Will the stories get darker, lighter or a combination of both?

Talk ya soon! ^_^
bw1979
KER-BANNED!

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:53 am

bw1979 wrote:Will the nanites that Robotnik and A.D.A.M planted on Bunnie, Tommy, Jules and Nicole be releved in TDS or afterwards? and will the nanties change them?

The nanites will be dealt with later this year. I can't answer the second question.

bw1979 wrote:What't your favorite soda?

Toss-up - Pepsi or Coke.

bw1979 wrote:Do you think archie did the right thing when they fianlly changed Sally's color from pink to the color she is known for?

I prefer her present colors, yes.

bw1979 wrote:Will the stories get darker, lighter or a combination of both?

See Page 4
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby beowolf master of ctalin » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:59 pm

So are you going to give the comic a small darker twist because the doc gust not cuting it any more. Me i so do miss the fat tub of lard cuse in his last days and even in his death he did som evil stuff the new doesnt wow.
beowolf master of ctalin
BumbleFan

Postby bw1979 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:04 pm

How much of Sally are we going to see this year?

Do you think "Endgame" would make a good novel?

If the comic were to end today, what kind of story would you make for it, and how would you invlove the characters in it?
bw1979
KER-BANNED!

Postby sonicxfactor » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:11 pm

Ian, will Sally be grilling Fiona to uncover her dark past, straight after Birthday Bash at the start of TDS or will this be looked into straight after TDS has ended?
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:30 pm

beowolf wrote:So are you going to give the comic a small darker twist because the doc gust not cuting it any more. Me i so do miss the fat tub of lard cuse in his last days and even in his death he did som evil stuff the new doesnt wow.

There's a great deal of discussion of Eggman vs. Classic-Robotnik in the previous thread, page fourteen. As for the overall tone of the book - it's never going to get dark and gritty, but there is alot of hardship on its way for the heroes.

bw1979 wrote:How much of Sally are we going to see this year?

A fair amount. She'll have more to do next year, comparitively speaking.

bw1979 wrote:Do you think "Endgame" would make a good novel?

I think most of the larger archs would be fun in basic prose.

bw1979 wrote:If the comic were to end today, what kind of story would you make for it, and how would you invlove the characters in it?

Assuming I had no limitations? Huge pan-dimensional all-out brawl with every cameo you could stuff in there. All would be lost, leaving Sonic and Eggman battling for existence itself. Sonic would emerge victorious (of course) and as he winks out of being, we end with something open enough to imply whatever new Sonic series would be - sort of - in continuity with the old book.

I really hope I don't have to do that any time soon.

sonicxfactor wrote:Ian, will Sally be grilling Fiona to uncover her dark past, straight after Birthday Bash at the start of TDS or will this be looked into straight after TDS has ended?

He doesn't really have a reason to yet. Fiona has been on the right side of things since he got back from space and has warranted some early, romantic attention. Now, if events were to dredge up her past even more . . .
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby bw1979 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:47 pm

Without giving anything away, how big of roles will Sally, Bunnie, Rouge, Antione and Knuckles have the rest of year, as well in early '07?

I mentiond in perivous post, that Fiona situation with Sonic right now is silmiar to Mina's, do you agree?

Will Tails evolve more in the comic in the months and new year to come?

Will see Barby Kola anytime soon?

How often to you go to the movies?

Later!
bw1979
KER-BANNED!

Postby beowolf master of ctalin » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:03 pm

OKAY I didn't clearify what i ment was sonic the hero gets into an enviroment of danger that was so deep that one would actualy wander how could he get out.2 are you going to make sonic get beat down mintaly or phisical so bad that he qouestions without reaviling any thing him as a hero. 3 Are you going to make the doc more siniser. 4.... doyou get tierd of our the fans canstent bombartment of questions?
beowolf master of ctalin
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius