Ask Ian Anything - Extended Addition

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Faded-Myth » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:21 am

I can picture the cover. Sally and Fiona gazing into each others eyes... and Sonic scratching his head in the background.

Oooooooooooooooooookay...
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby jgoreham » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:03 am

Sonic922 wrote:1: Will Rotor( or anyone else) ever crack the mystery of NICOLE?

For what it's worth, I really like Nicole as a character as opposed to an object. If feedback is as well-recieved in your field of work as mine, Ian, I'd like to see more of Nicole as we saw her in #151's "Stargazing" backup story. Are there any plans for NICOLE to be used in the immediate future as an important character to any upcomming plotlines?

(Off topic, but I'm like super drunk right now. So if none of this comment made any sense I'm sincerely apologetic...)
jgoreham
BumbleFan

Postby Faded-Myth » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:15 am

Actually you probably made more sense than any of us here do when we're totally sober ;)
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby Kureejii Lea » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:49 am

Faded-Myth wrote:I can picture the cover. Sally and Fiona gazing into each others eyes... and Sonic scratching his head in the background.

Reminds me of an April Fools' gag I pulled at Sonic HQ last year.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Sonic922 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:16 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:
Faded-Myth wrote:I can picture the cover. Sally and Fiona gazing into each others eyes... and Sonic scratching his head in the background.

Cool. Do they still have it?
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:20 pm

It's that time again folks!

sonicxfactor wrote:1: when will we be seeing more of Blaze? Do you have any big plans for her?

I would definitely like to. We won't be seeing her again this year, though.

sonicxfactor wrote:2: now that Sonic and Fiona are an item will we be seeing Sally in tears every now and again realizing she made a mistake when she dumped Sonic?

3: will Sally and Fiona ever have a fight with each other, Jerry Springer style over Sonic?

Sally - probably not, since she still feels vindicated in her descision. The rest is unanswerable right now.

sonicxfactor wrote:4: how evil is Scourge?

Counter-question: how heroic is Sonic? Take that and invert it.
Or, if you prefer: how lame was Evil Sonic? Take that and invert it.

Scourge is a nasty, terrible person.

sonicxfactor wrote:5: will Scourge be going back to Anti Mobius?

Maaaaaaaaaaybe.

sonicxfactor wrote:6: when are Bean and Bark gonna return?

Yes, but not this year.

sonicxfactor wrote:7: what video game magazines do you read?

8: do you read any of the British made game magazines such as Edge, Games TM, Retro Gamer or any others?

Nope.

sonicxfactor wrote:9: if you weren’t working on Sonic what comic book would you have loved to have worked on?

I've speculated on what other characters I'd like to write sometime. In terms of books that are currently out there? I'd like to get my hands on Venom and/or Ghost Rider some day. I had a neat idea for Hulk, if it hasn't been used already. Bigger names - X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman, etc. - I'm not ready for. I don't have the stories for them or the mindset to tackle such titans.

sonicxfactor wrote:10: what did you do before you were hired by Archie?

I was in school. Go UNCG Spartans!

sonicxfactor wrote:11: what’s your single most favourite video game ever? Sonic and non-Sonic. And why?

Sonic - already answered that
Non-Sonic - ....very hard to answer that one. I'll give you the top three that come to mind:
    Kirby's DreamLand 2 (GB)
    Skies of Arcadia (Legends) (DC/GC)
    Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (GC ver.)

sonicxfactor wrote:12: the big question now. I heard this last year (cant remember where though) but someone said that Scott Shaw! Would be returning to the comic. True or false?

Not that I've heard, but he might.

bw1979 wrote:What gave you the idea to make "Other-M", your webcomic, so dark and volent?

I have made it abundantly clear that I do not want to talk about it for its own safety.

bw1979 wrote:If you could compare any of the freedom figthers (Satam/Archie) to any of the X-men (1990's s animated series and current movies), who would they be and why?

This is very much like a question you previously asked and has no bearing on the comic.

bw1979 wrote:when your on deviantart, do you look at fanarts fans of Sonic and FF's make?

Occasionally, if I feel I can do so without potentially emulating the idea.

Sonic922 wrote:1: Will Rotor( or anyone else) ever crack the mystery of NICOLE?

Probably not. Nicole was designed by a future-Rotor. Our Rotor would need all the knowledge and experience of his future counter-part to do that.

Sonic922 wrote:2:Could we assume that the events in the comic were simlar to the ones of SatAM, and that is why they used a SatAM story to explain how they met the wolfpack?

If the comic made specific reference to an episode, we can take that episode (or elements of it) as continuity, yes. If not, then it should be discounted. (i.e. Lazar and Air are not in Sonic).

jgoreham wrote: If feedback is as well-recieved in your field of work as mine, Ian, I'd like to see more of Nicole as we saw her in #151's "Stargazing" backup story. Are there any plans for NICOLE to be used in the immediate future as an important character to any upcomming plotlines?

Nicole will be playing a big part in events next year, but not so much this year - outside of her nanite contamination. As for her form in "Stargazing"....no comment =D
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Kasai » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:16 pm

Sonic922 wrote:
Kureejii Lea wrote:

Yes, thought it was 2 years ago. ;)
Kasai
BumbleFan

Postby Kureejii Lea » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:15 pm

Kasai wrote:
Sonic922 wrote:
Kureejii Lea wrote:

Yes, thought it was 2 years ago. ;)

How times flies. =P
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Sonic922 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:46 pm

(hearty laughter). That is funny, though it is a little odd they believed it.

Anyway, I have another question, in TDS, is Charmy based on the comics since while he was away in the games, he grew up in the comics, but when he returned in Sonic Heroes, he was his kid self again. The cover made Charmy look like his game self but he is still old and married right?

More questions, sorry.

Did Scourge know how to power up? WHere did he find out?

Will Sonic ever power up on the Master emerald to fight Scourge?
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby Kureejii Lea » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:03 pm

Sonic922 wrote:Anyway, I have another question, in TDS, is Charmy based on the comics since while he was away in the games, he grew up in the comics, but when he returned in Sonic Heroes, he was his kid self again. The cover made Charmy look like his game self but he is still old and married right?

I can answer this one, as we've already seen Charmy in his Heroes design in the comic (at the start of the Return to Angel Island arc) and he was still with Saffron and acting as he always had.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:50 pm

Thanks to Kureejii Lea for taking that first one. Now for the others . . .

Sonic922 wrote:Did Scourge know how to power up? WHere did he find out?

Evil Sonic spent a fair amount of time zone-hopping before Zonic finally dumped him back in the Antiverse. One can only assume he picked up on the Chaos Emerald + Sonic = BOO-YAH principle.

Sonic922 wrote:Will Sonic ever power up on the Master emerald to fight Scourge?

That's a bit too specific for me to answer with a yea or nay. So here it comes: Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Rlan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:21 pm

It would probably all depend too, since Evil Sonic isn't the exact same as our Sonic. The DCAU version of Bizarro comes to mind, since Bizarro Superman isn't affected by Kryptonite :) Scourge was able to syphon off the Master Emerald, I'm not sure if Sonic can. It all depends on how loose it wants to be on the loose continuity on Rings, Emeralds, and Super Emeralds :)
Rlan
BumbleFan

Postby Faded-Myth » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:06 pm

Personally, I was just so excited seeing that... I mean, it's such a throw back to the old games. No pretencious psuedo science about it. Simply find one Master Emerald (or Chaos Emerald depending), step on it, BAM! Instant Super. I was giggile with old school bliss. Still am.

Your making my stomach tingle Ian. You and Tracy both.
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby beowolf master of ctalin » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:55 am

hay its me again, this time ill double tap on my spelling but its the meaning that i need to work on, any hoo 1we all know your a wrighter and that is an art its gust how do you do it. do you gust sit in your sofa after work and magically poof somthing pops in your head.
2 about them nanites I know you got a dark juicy secret with them after infecting NICOLE. And them little buggers make them self a body becouse in 159 the become more the more they infect and I assume they get smarter too.
beowolf master of ctalin
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:50 am

Beowolf - All your questions have been answered already, man. Use the Table of Contents on Page 1 of this thread.

Also - you're getting better with the posting. Keep at it! :D
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius