Ask Ian Anything - Extended Addition

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:05 pm

bw1979 wrote:Without giving anything away, how big of roles will Sally, Bunnie, Rouge, Antione and Knuckles have the rest of year, as well in early '07?

Assuming everything goes as planned right now, all of them will have some role off-and-on throughout the year, but they will not be the primary characters to the plots. I cannot speculate on '07 right now.

bw1979 wrote:I mentiond in perivous post, that Fiona situation with Sonic right now is silmiar to Mina's, do you agree?

No. The Sonic-Sally/Mina confusion was entirely one-sided. Sonic grew in fondness to Mina as a friend, but nothing more. Currently, it's Sonic-Fiona. There is no Sally in the picture.

bw1979 wrote:Will Tails evolve more in the comic in the months and new year to come?

As much as he can and stay within the Sega-canon limits.

bw1979 wrote:Will see Barby Kola anytime soon?

No.

bw1979 wrote:How often to you go to the movies?

Not very much. There is very little of interest out there.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby bw1979 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:17 pm

bw1979 wrote:I mentiond in perivous post, that Fiona situation with Sonic right now is silmiar to Mina's, do you agree?

IanPotto wrote:No. The Sonic-Sally/Mina confusion was entirely one-sided. Sonic grew in fondness to Mina as a friend, but nothing more. Currently, it's Sonic-Fiona. There is no Sally in the picture.

But something will happen to bring Sally back in the picture soon, you're just keeping to yourself, that's cool, Dude!
bw1979
KER-BANNED!

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:21 pm

Whoops! And these got snuck in as I was replying to the last batch. Strikes like ninja!

beowolf wrote:OKAY I didn't clearify what i ment was sonic the hero gets into an enviroment of danger that was so deep that one would actualy wander how could he get out.

I try to do that just about every time. You have to suspend your disbelief a little, though, since we're obviously not going to kill/main Sonic.

beowolf wrote:2 are you going to make sonic get beat down mintaly or phisical so bad that he qouestions without reaviling any thing him as a hero.

Try that one again. I can't make sense of it.

beowolf wrote:3 Are you going to make the doc more siniser.

Once again - wait and see.

beowolf wrote:4.... doyou get tierd of our the fans canstent bombartment of questions?

Only when it becomes difficult to read. Since your SN is of the great and epic Beowulf, I'm going to assume your first language is English. Proof-read/spell-check please.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby bw1979 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:35 pm

Just of thought of something silly, wouldn't it be something if Sonic/Fiona was a way to get Sally to admit she still loves Sonic to his face.

I know that's not how it's going to happen, but it will happen somehow, I mean hey, we had to wait for what seem like 30-40 issiue before they got back together in 123, so who knows it may be that long again, if not longer or shorter.

But like I said Ian, your keeping it to yourself, which is cool!

Keep us guessing my friend!
bw1979
KER-BANNED!

Postby Kureejii Lea » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:14 pm

bw1979 wrote:

IanPotto wrote:No. The Sonic-Sally/Mina confusion was entirely one-sided. Sonic grew in fondness to Mina as a friend, but nothing more. Currently, it's Sonic-Fiona. There is no Sally in the picture.

But something will happen to bring Sally back in the picture soon, you're just keeping to yourself, that's cool, Dude!

You know what they say about making assumptions. =P
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Faded-Myth » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:09 pm

We'll be seeing Sally...
IanPotto wrote:A fair amount. She'll have more to do next year, comparitively speaking.

*Punches an emphetic fist into the air* YES!!!!!!!!!!

IanPotto wrote:All would be lost, leaving Sonic and Eggman battling for existence itself.

*Google eyes* Even...Sally? *wimpers* Hey, here's an idea. If it came down to that, write me in the story. A split second before Mobius self destructs, I come charging out of the heavens on a big white horse with turbine engines attatched to it and rocket-launcher mounted wings, rescue Sally, and THEN you can blow up the planet. Even Sonic if you want. I don't care. XD

Im sorry. I just had to. But in all fairness, you DID say "without limitations". ;)

I have to say it still hurts seeing Sally with Fiona. But I'm not gonna delude myself saying that the two will get back together for certain. I think fans need to realise Ian's got his own plans to follow, no matter how much you might want something. Personally, all I want for Christmas is for Sonic and Sally to get back together, but I'm not gonna hold my breath just yet. That said, my fingers will be crossed.
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby Kamal » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:25 am

Faded-Myth wrote:I have to say it still hurts seeing Sally with Fiona.

How do you think Sonic feels!? <ducks thrown objects>
Kamal
BumbleFan

Postby EthanEmerald » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:29 pm

IanPotto said:

Currently, it's Sonic-Fiona. There is no Sally in the picture.

Oh, but there is! Sonic clearly misses Sally (See Sonic #157) and Sally seemed hurt by what she saw in the end of Sonic #156.

I'm hoping Fiona's the one who gets thrown out of the picture, soon. :wink:
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby Sonic922 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:49 pm

Who designed Scourge? You, tracy, Spaz, orsomeone else?
Sonic922
BumbleFan

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:58 pm

Sonic922 said:

Hey, mate. Ian answered this in the Sonic #161 thread, but here's a quote of the man:

Scourge was a group effort. Mike Pellerito (editor) had the basic idea of retooling Evil Sonic. He floated it by me, I chewed on it, then sent back my thoughts. Mike pow-wow'd with somebody else (my memory fails me already!) and then ran the idea by Spaz. Spaz made a bit of concept art that got everyone really excited. (I have a copy of said piece of art - the perks of being on the book are awesome Very Happy ). So I wrote up "Birthday Bash" and it got put into the talented hands of Tracy Yardley, who closed out the package deal. Scourge is awesome.

I hope that helps you. I'm going to be getting #161 in the mail in a few days; I know it'll be a blast!

By the way, today, with this 50th post, I evolve into a BumbleFan! I am no longer a BumbleNewbie!

I take this opportunity to thank Ian and other Bumblestaff for accepting me into this forum, and for having the patience to answer my questions over the past months. I'm glad, and honored to be here!

Ethan
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby sonicxfactor » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:49 pm

Just got issue 161 today. Great job Ian, keep it up. Anyway more questions.

1: when will we be seeing more of Blaze? Do you have any big plans for her?

2: now that Sonic and Fiona are an item will we be seeing Sally in tears every now and again realizing she made a mistake when she dumped Sonic?

3: will Sally and Fiona ever have a fight with each other, Jerry Springer style over Sonic?

4: how evil is Scourge? Will he be very violent towards Sonic the next time he sees him. For example he knocks Sonic to the ground and repeatedly kick him in the ribs, or in other words shoot first ask questions later.

5: will Scourge be going back to Anti Mobius?

6: when are Bean and Bark gonna return?

7: what video game magazines do you read?

8: do you read any of the British made game magazines such as Edge, Games TM, Retro Gamer or any others?

9: if you weren’t working on Sonic what comic book would you have loved to have worked on?

10: what did you do before you were hired by Archie?

11: what’s your single most favourite video game ever? Sonic and non-Sonic. And why?

12: the big question now. I heard this last year (cant remember where though) but someone said that Scott Shaw! Would be returning to the comic. True or false?

Please everybody on the message board don’t send me any hate mail over question 12 as I have said before I heard this somewhere and to tell you the truth I think it’s a big fat dirty lie.

Now that’s over all I have left to say is good job on issues 160 and 161, and that I cant wait for TDS.

God bless.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby bw1979 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:55 pm

What gave you the idea to make "Other-M", your webcomic, so dark and volent?

If you could compare any of the freedom figthers (Satam/Archie) to any of the X-men (1990's s animated series and current movies), who would they be and why?

when your on deviantart, do you look at fanarts fans of Sonic and FF's make?
bw1979
KER-BANNED!

Postby Sonic922 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:04 pm

1: Will Rotor( or anyone else) ever crack the mystery of NICOLE?

2:Could we assume that the events in the comic were simlar to the ones of SatAM, and that is why they used a SatAM story to explain how they met the wolfpack?
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby Faded-Myth » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:11 pm

Kamal wrote:
Faded-Myth wrote:I have to say it still hurts seeing Sally with Fiona.

How do you think Sonic feels!? <ducks thrown objects>

Oh...bugger XD I didn't spot my mistake until just now. Well... now there's a story idea that I doubt will ever see the light of day. I know I'd buy 5 copies though...
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 pm

You never know, when Ian the Potto is the writer! XD
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius