Ask Ian for March '08 - Mogul-Marked Since Thread #7

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Ask Ian for March '08 - Mogul-Marked Since Thread #7

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:10 am

How in the name of all things reasonable is it March already? Let's review the rules, shall we?

The New Rules wrote: The New Rules

1) Answers Will Come Weekly

Counting from midnight (EST) on Sunday and going into the very last minute of Saturday of each week I'll take questions. Updates will come the following Sunday, and anything submitted on that Sunday will have to wait the week.

2) Five Questions Per Person

Same old rule from before - you get five questions a week, maximum. You don't have to ask five, and anything over five will be ignored. You get a total of five per week, so you're free to post some now and some later. Since that limitation didn't seem to limit too much, however, there's a new wrinkle . . .

3) Limited Number of Answers

I will be selecting questions that I feel will elicit the most thoughtful or informative responses. Questions that look to clarify plot points are good. Asking my opinion about the latest movie isn't the best idea. I don't expect to be picking more than five questions total per week, but it will depend on what's asked per week. I'm not playing favorites or making a statement about anybody's questions. I'm trying to maximize the effectiveness of this feature. So choose your questions carefully.

If we go a dry week, I may go back to questions I passed the first time around and answer them. Still, I'm investing my time to answer y'all's questions. I just ask that some time is invested on your (collective) end.

4) What You Should Post

There is one thing you can post in these threads:

Questions!

No mini-reviews, no reactions to previous questions, no answers - questions only.

Do not post discussion, chatter, corrections, reactions, anything else! If you clutter the thread with anything other than Q&A, your post will be deleted.

5) Wait, what happened to the temporary bans?

Unfortunately, enforcing the rule of the week-long bans ended up creating a greater work-load than managing the Q&A. Another large part of it was I hate banning people. I don't like playing the bad guy. So instead we'll be going with the quicker, cleaner deletion of offending posts. If your post is missing, you did something wrong. Don't do it again, please.

6) Wow . . . This Sure Is . . . Strict

It's a necessary evil to ensure you and everyone else gets the most direct access to the information. If things go well, I might loosen things up a little. But I would rather you all get your answers like this than staying silent forever.

So, with all that scary moderator business out of the way, let's get to asking!
Last edited by Ian Flynn on Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Zulon Eredas » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:20 am

Was Silver Sonic II ever rebuilt after shadow demolished him?

What are Elias' weapons called?
Last edited by Zulon Eredas on Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zulon Eredas
BumbleNoble

Postby Megatronmaster » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:28 am

Has the Scourge mini series already been published, or has it been canceled.
Cause I remember hearing about it quite some time ago. And I wondered what happened with it.
Megatronmaster
BumbleFan

Postby Luger » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:08 am

Hi there once again Ian,

1.) Considering the success of the Sonic Archives and the new comer, "Sonic Selects", do you ever think reprints of the Archie-Knuckles series will come into play?

2.) a.) Is there currently enough interest and popularity for there to be a new mini-series published?
b.) If so, do you have any ideas for a new, 3-issue mini-series?

3.) Would you ever consider publishing comics, even for a short time, structured with the Sonic store for the first half and the Knuckles story for the second half any time soon?

4.) While we saw Croctobot "destroyed", any chance at least part of Crocbot survived and he'll return?

Thanks for your time.
Luger
BumbleNoble

Postby medalis » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:48 am

Hello Mr.Flynn! I have a few questions, but please consider the first one!

1) Mind putting in a translation of Mogul's rants? For those who have no idea what the heck he's saying.

2) Does Mogul know that Knuckles has taken on Enerjak as a alter-ego?

3) Was Knuckles able to turn into Enerjak at the begining? Or was that just something Finitevis made him do?

4) Are Julie-Su and Knuckles still dating? Cause the "I'm gonna guard the Master Emerald forever and I will do it alone" thing kinda confused me.

5) Do you ever get "writer's block"?
medalis
BumbleFan

Postby Slimey Jacobstien » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:57 pm

Question I still want to know:

1. With all the stuff that happens on Mobius (Hyper-Dimensional Transportation, Anti Paradox Time-Travel, God-Moderation, you know, that kind of stuff) what laws of physics have the Mobians not broken yet?

A hypothetical question:

2. What would happen if Sonic had a caffeine overdose?

And an actual question:

3. If the Chaos Emeralds came from different planets, (Including Planet Xordia) Where did they originally come from? Stars? Communist Aliens? Byproducts of plotholes from the sonic team affecting the comic itself?
Last edited by Slimey Jacobstien on Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slimey Jacobstien
BumbleNewbie

Question:

Postby DeGoogalizer » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:13 pm

wh do you think about SonicCult & SonicHQ?
DeGoogalizer
BumbleNewbie

Postby Bionic Slime » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:47 pm

Heyo again Ian.

1. In the second story in issue 185, fans are being asked if they want to see the 40 Fathom freedom fighters again. If they did return, would they still be in the comical/old days format or would they try to be adapted into a more serious/current storyline light?

2. You mentioned in your last answers you wanted to revisit old places like Mercia, Downunda (I think you did anyway). In relation, are there any old obscure comic book characters you might want to revisit (for example) Carheem of Wheet, The Nerbs, Horizont-AL and Verti-CAL, the Arctic FF, Wombat Stu?

3. Will we find out what's been happening with Monkey Khan lately?

4. If Tails parents and Cenca 009 were both stuck on that asteroid back on Wheelworld and Tails parents have been rescued, what happened to Cenca 009 then?

5. Back when Bunnie's robotic parts were failing, she got an upgrade from Nate Morgan and said she could never be de-roboticized again. Now if the Bem being the all powerful aliens they are can transform everyone on the entire planet of Mobius back to normal, couldn't their de-roboticizer be powerful enough to change Bunnie back especially considering her original state of body wasn't in a wounded/dying condition like Sonic's father was?
Bionic Slime
BumbleCitizen

Postby The Loose Cannon » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:48 am

1. Who is your least favorite character in any of the Sonic universes?
2. Is Ray living with the Chaotix or is he still in New Mobotropolis?
The Loose Cannon
BumbleFan

Postby oca2007 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:50 pm

1) Knowing that the Bem made it so that Mobians cannot be roboticed from flesh to metal, would it be possible for Robotnick to turn them into organic robots or cyborgs?

2) Would it be possible, once Robotnick used his egg grapes (if he had any left) to turn the husk of the mobian into somewhat of a mindless zombie that could do his bidding?

3) How do you create such great plots?!
oca2007
BumbleNewbie

Postby The Pezman » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:46 pm

1. Finitevus "led Robotnik's army" into Albion, as stated in 182. But when was Finitevus allied with him?

2. Similarly, why did Finitevus mold Remington into a dark legionaire only to let Knuckles "fix" him?

3. Have you thought of taking a page from Marvel's book and releasing the comics online? I don't go to college near a distributor, and it would be nice to not have to wait two or three months before getting a comic.

4. Do you intend to use any of Sonic's other forms (i.e. the ones from #71)? Or are they too complicated to deal with?

5. Will the Brotherhood make a return? Or are they as good as gone?
The Pezman
BumbleNewbie

Postby Excelhedge » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:11 am

complete newb to this forum but I have been a reader since the days of issue 18.

1) Is thier any chance of Robo-Robotnick ever getting a mecha body again?

2)Why hasn't Robo-Robotnick tried robotizing the mobians that were nevered robotized at all? the Bem's after effects surely doesn't apply to all of mobius.

3)with all the reprints out there now what are the chances of the Mini-series being reprinted (Princess Sally, Tails, Sonic Quest, Nights, etc)

4) When was Remington was revealed to be a decendant of Dimitri? I looked all of my back issues and the only link I could find was during the Dark Alliance saga of the Knuckles comic (no. 24) when Benedict tried to Blackmail Remington with a secert from his past.

5)In the past 50 or so issues thier has always been a special thanks to Sega licensing what exactly do they do for the comic? (besides giving permission to use charecters.)
Excelhedge
BumbleKnight

Postby Astrobot7000 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:33 am

Thanks again for talking to the fans Ian. You're a great professional!

1. I am not asking for details (because I know we wont get them), but do have something really special planned for issue 200?

2. Was calling Mighty Shell head a nod to Beast Wars where Skorponok was continually called shell head?

3. Do have any plans for Knuckles' baby brother? I know he is kinda out there, but as long as he is around, wouldn't it be nice for Knuckles to have some sort of family with the Brotherhood gone?

4. The future Mobius that has been established in the comic... do you feel it is the future, or just one of the many outcomes? And I don't mean the future-alternate zone stuff.

5. With the no-guns policy no in place, will we get to see the character pull off some MacGyver style awesomeness?
Last edited by Astrobot7000 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby KatyaSolas » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:15 am

1.) Will the Kingdom of Acorn ever abandon it's "no weapons allowed" law any time soon? I think that law is flawed and it just makes them weak. I thought Amadeus' influence would help ditch this law.
KatyaSolas
BumbleFan

Postby jazzyjin » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:50 am

I just recently played Zero Gravity and really liked the gravity changing meteorite, and thought that they could play a cool part in STH. Will you be using the meteorites from zero gravity in STH in anyway or form?
jazzyjin
BumbleFan

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius