Welcome one and all!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby EthanEmerald » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:47 pm

sonicxfactor wrote:
IanPotto wrote: But every installment is all going towards a greater, over-arching goal.

:D A greater over-arching goal? sounds cool, cant wait to see what you have in store for us Ian.

Could it be SONIC #175? =O What about SONIC #200? XD
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby sonicxfactor » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:20 pm

EthanEmerald wrote:
sonicxfactor wrote:
IanPotto wrote: But every installment is all going towards a greater, over-arching goal.

:D A greater over-arching goal? sounds cool, cant wait to see what you have in store for us Ian.

Could it be SONIC #175? =O What about SONIC #200? XD

for sonic #175 since it's a landmark issue my guess is that sonic and sally are gonna be kissing and making up (or making out :(hearty laughter): ) and #200 Robotnik gonig insane from losing to sonic all the time and decides to go postal in Knothole (then again maybe not).

I'm pretty sure that my guess for #175 is spot on but who knows, Ian surprise us if you will.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby sonicxfactor » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:03 pm

Hey Ian I just want to ask you a question on a character that at the moment is not well like by most of the fan base. Of course I’m talking about Princess Sally, now I know many people hate her because of the slapping incident, I have seen lots of comments on many message boards about how much they hate her and want her to die in a very painful way. But I think that is just plain wrong what these people say about her what they fail to see is what she may have been though during Sonics no show.

I just want to know if you have any plans to show us what may have happened to her when she thought Sonic was dead so people will see what happened to her over the year and maybe people will think “man I feel so sorry for her” and not say things like “she’s the antichrist, burn her to death”. Or if you plan not to show what happened to her if your going to leave that at that and leave it up to our own imaginations on what may or may not have happened?

From all the negative comments I have read about her from people saying that she was a lot better in the earlier comics but in the later issues she turned into a right evil witch and that it’s the different writers at Archie (not including you of course Ian) that made her into such a hated character that she is today.

It is my hope Ian that you return her to the way she was before to the loveable princess we all know and love before and make it so nobody has anything bad to say about her. As you may tell from this I’m a SATAM fan hence I’m a Sonic & Sally fan.

So I’ll end this by saying hopefully all this anti Sally thing will blow over and that I’ll be awaiting your first story in issue 160 (just ordered 159 off the net, not long now Ian).

God bless.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:17 pm

Sally-hate has been around long before the Slap Heard 'Round the World, but it didn't really have a foundation until the divide was built between Sonic and herself.

As the writer, I have my idea on why Sally has gone down a rather self-destructive path. We could investigate that, but that would bring about the aforementioned pity. I don't want people to pity, Sally. I don't think she would want them to either.

I have every intention of (eventually) helping Sally find her way back into the beloved (or less-hated, if you prefer) leader she once was. My first year concentrates more on shaking things up and setting future events into place, so the focus won't really be on Sally. I've included what moments I can.

Long post short - Sally isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and she's not far from my thoughts.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby sonicxfactor » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:58 pm

IanPotto wrote:Sally-hate has been around long before the Slap Heard 'Round the World, but it didn't really have a foundation until the divide was built between Sonic and herself.

As the writer, I have my idea on why Sally has gone down a rather self-destructive path. We could investigate that, but that would bring about the aforementioned pity. I don't want people to pity, Sally. I don't think she would want them to either.

I have every intention of (eventually) helping Sally find her way back into the beloved (or less-hated, if you prefer) leader she once was. My first year concentrates more on shaking things up and setting future events into place, so the focus won't really be on Sally. I've included what moments I can.

Long post short - Sally isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and she's not far from my thoughts.

Cool, Ian I have absolute faith you’ll help Sally return to how she once was. When you say, “she’s not far from my thoughts,” it sounds like you really love her and care for her (not that type of love though).

Once again Ian best wishes for the future.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby sonicxfactor » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:51 pm

I was reading the interviews you Tracy and Mike gave on newsarama.com and in part of it Mike said that Tania Del Rio will be writing and pencilling a Sonic Rush tie-in and you and Tracy will be doing a Sonic Riders tie-in.

Will these be stories that will be incorporated into the current sonicverse with a little bit of the game and a little of your own thing like the Sonic Adventure adaptation was or will these just be comic advertisements for the games themselves with nothing to do with the current Archie sonicverse?
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:42 pm

The Rush and Riders tie-ins bring the elements of the games into the Archieverse - yes, very much like the Sonic Adventure adapatation.

Only much shorter. :roll:
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby nuckles87 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:42 am

Yep, I finally got up the guts to post here :D. I'll be sure to keep my cussing to a null.

Hi Ian. Always been a fan o' your work. Well, since I started getting into Sonic fan comics last year anyway. It's good to see you finally working on Archie.

I do have a question: what is Archie's policy on character killings? I heard that Archie dissallowed them shortly after End Game.

-Alex Peal
nuckles87
BumbleKnight

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:55 am

I'm glad you found those guts! Welcome aboard and thanks for posting :D

Character killing is iffy. Certain characters - the Sega canon, of course - are off limits. Others are debatable. I won't be killing off any characters unless it strengthens the story.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:19 pm

Ah. That's pleasing to hear.

I was devastated when all of the characters were dying in Other-M. I REALLY hope that doesn't happen in Archie Sonic, even to a minimal amount.

The only characters I'm happy with dying are the villians.
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby Dirk Amoeba » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:34 pm

IanPotto wrote:Character killing is iffy. Certain characters - the Sega canon, of course - are off limits. Others are debatable. I won't be killing off any characters unless it strengthens the story.

In the Newsarama interview, didn't you say that the upcoming "Darkest Storm" storyline would feature losses on both sides? Some have inferred from this that characters will die. Theories abound on the MoFo!

In any case, you can't say that Sega canon character killing is completely off limits. After all, Ken killed Robotnik, and then Knuckles died only three years ago.
Dirk Amoeba
BumbleFan

Postby Kureejii Lea » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:25 pm

Yeah, but those weren't "permenent" deaths. The Robotnik character was "revived" with RoboRobotnik/Eggman, and Knuckles came back. =P
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby sonicxfactor » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:14 am

But whom do you think would get the chop this time? I’m just guessing but maybe Ash, Fiona maybe even Snively. Anyone else have any guesses who’s gonna end up six foot in the ground.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby nuckles87 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:50 am

I'm thinking a character that never had much use in the first place. I'm thinking Tommy the Turtle. I liked him at first, but ever since they ressurrected him I've never been much of a fan.

Another possibility I think, is Mina. I like Mina, I find her to be a solid character. But for awhile now, I've always thought she'd be great kill off for dramatic tension material.
nuckles87
BumbleKnight

Postby sonicxfactor » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:47 pm

They cant kill Mina off, shes married to Tails in Mobius 25 Years Later. Although Tommy is a likely candidate.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius