Welcome one and all!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Chaos_Cntrlx » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:02 am

MOD EDIT:In fairness to the newly re-banned, the one redeeming element of their post has been left for consideration.

I'ved read Issues #157 and #158 and I have to say... that Ron Lim has improves SOOOOOOO much! Well Done, Mr. Lim. --- :D
Chaos_Cntrlx
KER-BANNED!

Postby Kasai » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:23 pm

IanPotto wrote:I'm 99.9% sure there is an issue where we see a young Antoine and his mother grieving over the news of General D'Coolette's (apparent) death, but for the life of me I don't know which issue that was.

Sonic #46. It was when Bunnie (and Sonic) told Tails (and the reader by extension) a little bit about Antoine's past.
Kasai
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:57 pm

You're right in everything but the appearance of Mrs. D'Coolette. If memory servers, it was two panels done on the the "tanscale" flashback colors. I want to say Art Mawhinney did the art.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Kureejii Lea » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:45 pm

Yeah, it was Mawhinney.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Kamal » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:10 pm

Just, reread #46, (reminded me of why I hated St. John :P ) and, yeah, no real mention of Antoine's mother is made. But the penciller was Nelson Ortega.
Kamal
BumbleFan

Postby Cole » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:02 pm

Speaking of St. John, are we gonna see him anywhere again soon? I can't actually remember seeing him since Sonic saved him and Hershey right after "Tossed in Space" ended. Miss the @#$%; he let Sonic flex his ego a bit, gave him a reason to show off every once and a while (not like he really needs another reason), and actually helped to keep the blue boy in check a bit.

Oh, and in the meanwhile, I'm just kickin' myself because I'm now studying abroad in England until May, so I'm gonna miss the Flynn/Yardley debut. At least, at first. My subscription is still sending the comics home, so I'll be able to catch up when I get back, but still... bleh! Ah, well. A half-hour of reading when I get back and all will be normal again. :P

Oh, and by the way - what the @#$% were you smoking when you thought up that Sonic/Teletubbies crossover, anyway? Good GOD, man.

At least pass that stuff around. :P
Cole
BumbleNewbie

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:32 pm

Cole wrote:Speaking of St. John, are we gonna see him anywhere again soon?

Geoffrey puts in a cameo in S#159 this month, if I'm not mistaken. I don't have any big plans for him this year, but after that, who knows?

Cole wrote:Oh, and by the way - what the @#$% were you smoking when you thought up that Sonic/Teletubbies crossover, anyway? Good GOD, man.

You spend an entire summer babysitting your little brother and watching Teletubbies. I defy that you will come out unscathed. I now have favorite episodes of the show, for cryin' out loud! I'm still proud of the fact I made the idea work. 8)

Watch it on the language, man. This is an all-ages forum.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Cole » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:40 pm

Whoops, sorry 'bout that. I'm too used to the ol' Mobius Forum. Lesson learned. :)

And I can see how you might come off that with some minor mental trauma. That show makes me wonder, though. The only folks that should be watching that are babies, and they can stare in rapt fascination at a toaster for hours.

But I digress. Least you came out alive. You're a better man than I, Gunga Din. :P
Cole
BumbleNewbie

Postby sonicxfactor » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:42 pm

Yo Ian since you now work for Archie I was just wondering when the next Mobius 25 Years Later story is going to happen?

Ken said that it was going to happen somewhere in the 160s somewhere, do you know exactly what issue this will be?

One other thing since the next M25YL is going to be Ken’s final story for the comic do you think that M25YL will continue if there is demand for it? If there is will you or another writer be taking it over from Ken?

If Archie plan to do more looks into the future for Sonic and his homies instead of going far off into the future why not take a look at what happens to the characters in the next 10 or 15 years? Think about it, it may turn out to be a good idea and a good read if handled with proper care and attention. Think it's a good idea or not.

One final thing before I go will we see Evil Antoine again? Personally if I was going to be crowned king only to have it snatched away from me then my butt gets sent back to my own dimension I would be pretty mad and want revenge on the guy who sent me packing. I think you can work on this if you do some kind of follow up to the Line Of Succession story, I think it would be a cool sight, Sonic vs. Evil Antoine in a battle to the death. What do you think good idea or bad?

Once again best wishes on your future job.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:00 pm

One final thing before I go will we see Evil Antoine again? Personally if I was going to be crowned king only to have it snatched away from me then my butt gets sent back to my own dimension I would be pretty mad and want revenge on the guy who sent me packing. I think you can work on this if you do some kind of follow up to the Line Of Succession story, I think it would be a cool sight, Sonic vs. Evil Antoine in a battle to the death. What do you think good idea or bad?

I don't know about in the main comic, but the fancomic I'm writing (Which I'm pretending to have take place between #156 and #157) is giving Patch a gigantic spotlight. I'm not going to have a battle-to-death, for the sake of continuity.
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:23 pm

Cole wrote:Whoops, sorry 'bout that. I'm too used to the ol' Mobius Forum. Lesson learned. :)

See? This is the proper response to admonishment. S'all good, Cole.

sonicxfactor wrote:Yo Ian since you now work for Archie I was just wondering when the next Mobius 25 Years Later story is going to happen?

I think M25YL runs after "The Darkest Storm," but don't quote me on that. We'll find out for sure when the solicitations roll out for S#165-166.

sonicxfactor wrote: One other thing since the next M25YL is going to be Ken’s final story for the comic do you think that M25YL will continue if there is demand for it?

I don't think it's unreasonable. It's one of those "we'll see" deals. Go too much further into the future, though, and it ceases to be about Sonic and more about the original characters created for the future cast. While that might be cool for a spin-off, it's very unlikely to happen.

sonicxfactor wrote:One final thing before I go will we see Evil Antoine again?

Not this year. I do want to revisit the Antiverse at some point, but that will be way down the road.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Trevor » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:00 am

I know my opinion is just one in a sea of voices but I want to express my personal thoughts on the comic anyway. I've been reading it since I was about 10 years old back when it first started. At the time I just wanted to read anything with Sonic in it but these days I prefer the "epic" storylines that span several comics (the most recent storyline I remember enjoying was the "Tossed in Space" arc). I find the events that happen between these storylines boring, somewhat random, and unimportant. It seems like most of the comics are standalone stories designed to be read like, well, an Archie comic. This may be the intention of the comics in which case I'll just shut up and go home. However, I really like it when something's *happening* and the stories span several comics. I suppose ideally I'd prefer one long continuous story spanning dozens of comics or more.

I should mention that since I move frequently I tend to buy the yearly collector packs so I've currently read up to issue 135 or so (plus I bought the 146-150 arc in a comic shop even though that means I'll have duplicates someday). Now I'm just waiting for the 2005 pack to show up online then I'll buy both 2004 and 2005.

Anyway, it's pretty hard to explain in words what I'm trying to say but when I read the comic I don't really feel like I'm reading a story and I can't get into it. I don't mean that a goal for the characters has to be stated and in your face, just that the plot progresses and standalone stories are few and far between. If you want specific details of what I'm talking about I can pull out my comics and flip through them but unfortunately I can't remember issue numbers or even most of the plot! Honestly though, the details are not as important as the idea behind a continuous storyline (although for what it's worth I'll say that I am a "SatAM" fan and thus a Robotnik fan). ;)

I haven't read any fan comics so I don't know what your writing is like but I do know that I wasn't enjoying the comic before and from what I've heard online I'm definitely looking forward to reading your writing. Thanks for listening.

Quick edit 2 minutes later: I just reread your last post after posting this and realized that "Mobius 25 Years Later" is an example of what I'm talking about. Actually, I guess it's a bad example because the story was continuous but still I found it tear-inducingly boring. I hope it never comes back.
Trevor
BumbleNewbie

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:52 am

Trevor - I'm with you! I like the grand, sweeping narratives that last for months. Unfortunately, those kinds of multi-part stories sell the worst. It's part of the reason Knuckles died off - for some reason, most people didn't stick around for part three. (Crazy, I know, but I can't argue with numbers).

So what I've tried to do within my first year is do a little of both. Stand-alone and two-part stories will be the main format with the occasional longer arc tossed in just to spice things up. But every installment is all going towards a greater, over-arching goal. I'd like to hint how it all links together, but I'm afraid I'll give something away.

Rest assured, there is not a single issue that doesn't lay the groundwork for another story down the line. I hope you enjoy what I've put together once you get to my year's worth.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:19 pm

Hmm, so Bean and Bark will be used more further down the line!
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby sonicxfactor » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:45 pm

IanPotto wrote: But every installment is all going towards a greater, over-arching goal.

:D A greater over-arching goal? sounds cool, cant wait to see what you have in store for us Ian.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius