Welcome one and all!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:35 am

Demand nothing, for I give freely.

S#157 saw the return of the editorials page for the first time in a while. In the past months, there was such a volume of advertisements that we ran out of room for anything but the story. Whenever there's room for it, we'll definitely have the letters, editorial, Off-Panel, fan art, etc.

I could've sworn this was stated elsewhere, but anyway...

My debute issue will be S#160 in March. All preview material and discussion of it can be found here.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:53 pm

Fine......

BUt excuse me for not knowing..... I am in Australia, afterall. It says on my profile. So #157 has not been released here! By my count, were up to #154..... But I, being very sly and kunning, have bootlegged issuses up #156......!

Actualy..... #157 is probably out now.....

Excuse me a sec.............

TIME IS NOW 10: 30 am (Australia Time)

After being held on the phone line for 21 minutes...

TIME IS NOW 10:21 am (Still Aussie Time)

Okay, #157 is out now......... I have to go buy it and then read it, duh.

SNIX

P.S

What is the current Issue over in America???

P.P.S

I have found Sonic X to be a complete waste of time and money. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to Sonic X, May you die a painful death. :twisted: :roll: :wink:

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:55 pm

Check that......

I meant to write
TIME IS NOW 10:51 am............ Noy 10:21 am

My mistake...........

ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHAOS_CNTRL DEMANDS IT!!!!!!!!!

Postby Kasai » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:30 pm

Chaos_Cntrl wrote:TIME IS NOW 10: 30 am (Australia Time)

There's no such thing as "Australia Time" just like there's no such thing as "America time." There's more than one time zone in Australia just like in the USA.

Chaos_Cntrl wrote:What is the current Issue over in America???

The last Sonic The Hedgehog issue released was #157. Sonic HQ always announces the US/Canadian release, which depending on where you are in Australia is the same day as well (and actually due to being "ahead" time wise, get it "earlier"). I've met several Australian readers online and some have a 3 month delay while others get it at the same time it's available in the US.
Kasai
BumbleFan

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:17 am

:evil: Shut Up!~!~!

1) I don't care if there is a different time zone........ You can be QUIET about that.

2) After reading Sonic #157..... I must say that Ron Lim has improved greatly, but still needs to shorten Sonic's quills....... [/b]I COMMAND IT BE IMPROVED!!!

2.5) The story was okay, but it was a little confusing.......

3) Finally... I'm glad to see the return of the letters page...... and it ticked me greatly that Mike managed to use a shameless plug...... despite the fact he didn't need to
!

4) There is no 4
! You read this for nothing!!!! Mu-Ha-Ha-Ha!!!!!!!! I wated your time again!!!!! [b]SUCKER!!!!!!

SNIX

P.S

Actualy........ just for you, here is number 5) Snix Rulz!!!!! :D :D :D Whooo! Darn Straight!!!!!!!

MOD EDIT - Minor board code/language adjustment for poster's sake

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:20 am

I so did not deserve that second warning! That is waaaaayyyyy out of line! I have not acted differently since my first post! In fact, I've toned down...... on swearing and being crude. If you can't take a little bit of sarcsim, then I feel very sorry for you.

Though my past posts may have been a lil' offensive, they were all meant jokingly.............

For all of those who don't believe me, please read the previous page and this one..... back me up a little!!!!!

So, Mr. BumbleKing..................... Will you reply to my message?

Let's have a little bit of.......... fun :twisted: :twisted:

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:24 am

Oh, and Mr. BumbleKning.............. DAMB is not a swear! Changing it to "darn" is juss plain stupid!
|
|____ :o

MOD EDIT: User put on 2 Week Probation.

Postby Cole » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:15 pm

Hey... it's quiet in here again... :(hearty laughter):

I digress. Just wanted to wish you the best of luck on your new endeavour here, Ian. Loved your other comics, I just hope that StH can live up to you, rather than the other way around.

...not like fans around the 'net are putting any undue pressure on you or anything. Sheesh, I imagine the task you're being given here must be a bit daunting.

Anyway, just a quick question, since I really haven't read most of the threads around here like I probably should have - what's up with the two-parter Chao story you wrote, anyway? Do ya know for sure if it's gonna be in #158 & #159 yet, or is it still floating in the ether over in Mamaroneck?

Anyway, have fun out there. I'm sure you'll do fine with your new job; I just hope that Sally has a chance of being a sane character now. :P

Peace!
Cole
BumbleNewbie

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:10 pm

Hey Cole! Welcome to the board and thanks for the well wishes!

Pressure? What pressure? I'm only doing my first profressional comic writing gig on one of the longest lasting franchise books in print with some fifteen or so years of history and a passionate fan-base. What's to stress over? :shock:

"See Ya Later, Chao!" is up in the air - last I heard. There's alot of special stuff swirling around it, none of which I can even hint at unfortunately. March and S#160 aren't too far away now, though, so the Flynn/Yardly team will be in your hands soon enough ^^
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby sonicforever » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:19 am

Well I am only a relatively new Sonic fan as I had been a Nintendo guy my whole life and only started playing Sonic after he moved to the gamecube. Well one thing went to another and I became a huge fan of SATAM and the comics. Okay I will say that as a former Spiderman collector the Sonic Archie stuff wasn't too bad. Though lately the comics were becoming too pointless due to something Bollers wanted to due (mainly not have Sally and Sonic together) and Penders trying to keep his M25YL storyline in order. Now I know you had Fiona and Sonic together for your comic which i must say was better written then anything archie has come up with in awhile but as an SATAM lover I would kinda prefer the SOnic Sally thing to work out (not that your going to answer that question anyway :D ). There are a thousand other things I could comment on but in short I would like to say good luck to you and that I am very confident that you will make this comic better than it has ever been.
sonicforever
BumbleFan

Postby Kamal » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:44 am

IanPotto wrote:Pressure? What pressure? I'm only doing my first profressional comic writing gig on one of the longest lasting franchise books in print with some fifteen or so years of history and a passionate fan-base. What's to stress over? :shock:

The fact that you're also being treated like the Second Coming?

I know, I know. Not helping :roll:
Kamal
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:50 pm

Sonicforever - Woohoo! A convert :D I'm really happy that Sonic first found a new home on the GameCube, even if he's playing at the other kids' houses too. I just hope the new Next-Gen Sonic game will make it to the Revolution. The PS3 and X360 are still out of my price range.

As for relationships - you're dead on, I'm not touching that one :(hearty laughter): Suffice to say, the Sonic/Fiona thing Ken started on will be followed...but not in ways some folks might think.

Kamal wrote:The fact that you're also being treated like the Second Coming?

HAHAHA! Well put! Seriously, though, I really do appreaciate all the optimism and well wishes I've been receiving so many months in advance. (and ego-wise, it helps that for every "OMG Ian will save the comic!!!" I come across, I see about two or more "Ian...who?" replies. Keeps me humble.)
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby sonicforever » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:40 pm

Any chance we will see the original Robotnick again? Or at least see Eggman become evi instead of some moron who sends nack on an assasination mission cause of horrible music he heard.

Oh and now with Penders out of the way any cahnce you could talk to Ben Hurst about this SATAM movie thing that he wanted to make that Penders snubbed him on?
sonicforever
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:22 am

sonicforever wrote:Any chance we will see the original Robotnick again? Or at least see Eggman become evi instead of some moron who sends nack on an assasination mission cause of horrible music he heard.

As of right this very moment, SatAM-Robotnik is dead and gone forever. As for the current Dr. Eggman, I'm hoping to find a happy medium of his zany, almost ridiculous antics and his world-conquering, villainous side.

As a personal note, I thought it was rather dark that he would hire Nack to kill Mina solely because he didn't like her music. Such a dismissive regard for life, I think, is rather evil and frightening in its own right.

sonicforever wrote:Oh and now with Penders out of the way any cahnce you could talk to Ben Hurst about this SATAM movie thing that he wanted to make that Penders snubbed him on?

1) I don't think we've gotten the full story of what occurred, so I wouldn't be so quick to blame Ken for anything.

2) I have no ties / insights into any movie. I'm contently writing the comic.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Kamal » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:00 pm

IanPotto wrote:it was rather dark that he would hire Nack to kill Mina solely because he didn't like her music. Such a dismissive regard for life, I think, is rather evil and frightening in its own right.

It is, but it's the piecemeal effort Robotnik put into his plan. Hire Nack. Fail. Send two robots. Fail. Give up. Huh?

Hopefully, Scourge beats him at his own game. This comic needs a villian finally.
Kamal
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius