Welcome one and all!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:56 am

Bean and Bark will be on the wrong side of the law for the foreseeable future. But given the nature of their characters, a good deed isn't out of the question - if they have the proper motivation for it.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Sonic922 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:39 pm

When Ken left, he seemed to develope a very srong bond betweens Sonics parents and their protection of him now. Do you plan to use that?

Also will it ever be explained why she was purple before she was roboticized(and why she looked like Minnie), but since the derobotiation she's blue?
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:45 pm

Sonic - being Sonic - is going to lock horns with his folks on occasion. But show me a teenager (or anyone, period) who doesn't. On a whole, the Hedgehog family is a happy one - and I'd like to keep it that way. Jules won't be pulling a Locke any time soon =P

As for Bernadice's colors, I'm afraid that's just a color error. If you really must have a canon reason, chalk it up to the Bem and their process.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:51 pm

Yep. It was a color-error. If you recall, back in the early #100's, there was a Jules-Bernie wedding photo being displayed in the hedgehog-home. In that photo, both Jules and Bernie were blue, and in flesh.

So, looks like there's no "Dulcy's Ring" explanation coming for this one.
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby Sonic922 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:24 pm

Are we going to see Anonomous in 162, or will we have to wait for 163 or 164, or will they show like sillouette for him or quoute like at the end of #74?

P.S. sorry if I'm bothering you with all the questions, I can stop.
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:09 pm

No worries about the questions, bud. It's what the thread's for 8)

Technically, yes, we will see Anonymous throughout "The Darkest Storm," but we won't get the reveal until the very end.

And, no, I won't confirm speculation until the reveal ;)
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby nuckles87 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:11 pm

Is Darkest Storm gonna be the only major shake up? Or is just the beggining of the roller coaster ride?
nuckles87
BumbleKnight

Postby sonicxfactor » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:43 pm

Hello Ian more questions a mixed bag this time and it’s quite big (sorry).

1: In the Line of Succession arc we find out Elias daughter (Alexis I think her name is) is not really his kid. Will we ever find out who the real farther is?

2: I remember a character called Jack Rabbit from issue 119. Will he appear again?

3: I know Amy has a cousin called Rob O The Hedge but what about the rest of her family? Will we ever find out what happened to her parents?

4: Will we ever see the Wolf Pack and Monkey Khan again?

5: Those kids Rory, Sasha, and Snaggle who live with Rosie, what’s their story? Are they orphans or are their parents too lazy to look after them?

6: In issue 144’s Love And Loss back up at the end of the story the letter that Sally was reading was by Rosie and she was talking about Uncle Chuck. Do I smell another possible couple in the comic? Will you be looking into getting these two together?

7: Does Sally still use her Aly identity when she does the Love and Loss column? If so can we expect you or Romy Chacon to do another Love And Loss back up as I really liked the first one?

8: Will the characters from Sonic Underground ever make an appearance in the comic again?

9: Have you ever read Sonic The Comic by Fleetway and what do you think of it?

10: This may be a question for Mike but do you think it’s possible he can maybe hire some of the ex Fleetway artists who worked on Sonic The Comic as guest pencillers? One of my faves was Richard Elson and I would love to see his take on the Sonic ArchieVerse.

11: I rather liked Sanford Green’s style (although he can’t touch SPAZ) will he be returning?

12: Is there any more plans to do comic crossovers with other comic book companies? I would like to see an ArchieSonicXFleetwaySonic crossover story, that would be sweet, although I know that will never happen (although one can dream, right?).

13: What’s happened to Dulcy? She hasn’t been shot out of the sky, has she?

14: Will SPAZ be pencilling any more stories in the future?

15: Last one, how do you feel about all the positive feedback you got from issue 160?

Keep up the good work Ian and god bless.
Peace out!
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:44 pm

TDS is built as the big blockbuster, but there won't be any real "down time" moments. You get a month to catch your breath between issues ;)
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Sonic922 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:42 pm

sonicxfactor wrote:
6: In issue 144’s Love And Loss back up at the end of the story the letter that Sally was reading was by Rosie and she was talking about Uncle Chuck. Do I smell another possible couple in the comic? Will you be looking into getting these two together?

Good call, looking back I can't believe i missed that!

sonicxfactor wrote: Will the characters from Sonic Underground ever make an appearance in the comic again?

I was just about to ask the same question. A Sonic Underground re-crossover would be cool since the show had no actual ending.

Also, i liked that thhing at the end of 160 where Tails brings Fiona a drink. Did you put that in or did Tracy?
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:07 pm

GAH! Question bombardment! Raise the primary shields!

sonicxfactor wrote:1: In the Line of Succession arc we find out Elias daughter (Alexis I think her name is) is not really his kid. Will we ever find out who the real farther is?

2: I remember a character called Jack Rabbit from issue 119. Will he appear again?

3: I know Amy has a cousin called Rob O The Hedge but what about the rest of her family? Will we ever find out what happened to her parents?

4: Will we ever see the Wolf Pack and Monkey Khan again?

All in due time, I hope. Some will be addressed sooner than others. There aren't any plans within the first year of my run, at least.

sonicxfactor wrote:5: Those kids Rory, Sasha, and Snaggle who live with Rosie, what’s their story? Are they orphans or are their parents too lazy to look after them?

The notes I received when I was brought on said that they are orphans.

sonicxfactor wrote:6: In issue 144’s Love And Loss back up at the end of the story the letter that Sally was reading was by Rosie and she was talking about Uncle Chuck. Do I smell another possible couple in the comic? Will you be looking into getting these two together?

Maaaaaaaaaaybe. If there was enough interest in the couple, and folks wrote in via snail-mail and email, I suppose reader demand could sway us to go a certain way with a certain potential couple . . .

sonicxfactor wrote:7: Does Sally still use her Aly identity when she does the Love and Loss column? If so can we expect you or Romy Chacon to do another Love And Loss back up as I really liked the first one?

Not within my first year, no. If I find some place to use "Aly," I may. I can't speak for Romy.

sonicxfactor wrote:8: Will the characters from Sonic Underground ever make an appearance in the comic again?

No plans for the Alternate Triple Threat in the near future.

sonicxfactor wrote:9: Have you ever read Sonic The Comic by Fleetway and what do you think of it?

I've read the vast majority of it. The title has major kudos for lasting as long as it did, and some of the painted page art was gorgeous. I didn't enjoy it as much as ArchieSonic in terms of characters or plotting, but the series definitely had its moments. I'm sad that it's passed on.

sonicxfactor wrote:10: This may be a question for Mike but do you think it’s possible he can maybe hire some of the ex Fleetway artists who worked on Sonic The Comic as guest pencillers? One of my faves was Richard Elson and I would love to see his take on the Sonic ArchieVerse.

11: I rather liked Sanford Green’s style (although he can’t touch SPAZ) will he be returning?

Those would be questions for Mr. Pellerito. If there's enough of a demand for Green (or even Elson), they might just find their way to the book.

sonicxfactor wrote:12: Is there any more plans to do comic crossovers with other comic book companies? I would like to see an ArchieSonicXFleetwaySonic crossover story, that would be sweet, although I know that will never happen (although one can dream, right?).

Not that I'm aware of, but that doesn't mean it'll never happen.

sonicxfactor wrote:13: What’s happened to Dulcy? She hasn’t been shot out of the sky, has she?

Dulcy is around. She may find herself in one of my stories one day.

sonicxfactor wrote:14: Will SPAZ be pencilling any more stories in the future?

Maaaaaaaybe....

sonicxfactor wrote:15: Last one, how do you feel about all the positive feedback you got from issue 160?

It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside =D Seriously, I was trying to go into the launch with a realistic mindset of the median reaction. I wasn't really prepared for the outpouring of enjoyment and support. I guess Tracy and I did something right. Really, really right! And most critisms I rolled with simply because they'll be addressed next issue. (Croctobot chief amongst them).

So here's another collective "THANK YOU ALL!" for being so awesome and enjoying my work so much!

Sonic922 wrote:Also, i liked that thhing at the end of 160 where Tails brings Fiona a drink. Did you put that in or did Tracy?

Hey...wait! You're not sonicxfactor! (haha - ahhh, I amuse myself)

The little moment of Tails and Fiona was scripted. However, Tracy has added little touches to my stories that have been equally awesome and delightful. I'll try to point them out as the issues come along. (Tracy, you're encourage to point them out yourself!)
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Adamis » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:51 pm

Hello Ian.

I have some questions too ^^

1) It may not be that important, but will Sally cut her hairs and get back her original haircut?

2) "What" is Dr. Finitevus? Because of his eyes he looks a bit like a robot echidna. Or is he just a powerful echidna?

3) What about "Mobius:25 years later"? Last time King Sonic and Lara-Su disappeared. Will there be a story (or some) that will explain this?

4) I've read "Return to Angel Island" again, and I'm a bit lost. Is General Kage the General Stryker seen in the Knuckles comics?

5) Will Jon Gray and Jeff Axer work on the comic again?

6) Are there plans of releasing a special issue featuring sketches, rejected pages, characters model sheets, etc?

7)Any plans for Super Sonic? We haven't seen him since #126 I think...

I think that's all for now, thanks in advance^^
Adamis
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:56 pm

Adamis wrote:Hello Ian.

I have some questions too ^^

Yay! I love questions!

Adamis wrote:1) It may not be that important, but will Sally cut her hairs and get back her original haircut?

That's a possibility. Reader response might be the deciding factor on that.

Adamis wrote:2) "What" is Dr. Finitevus? Because of his eyes he looks a bit like a robot echidna. Or is he just a powerful echidna?

The answers to all things concerning Mr. Spookichidna will be addressed eventually. We can't even hint at anything right now.

Adamis wrote:3) What about "Mobius:25 years later"? Last time King Sonic and Lara-Su disappeared. Will there be a story (or some) that will explain this?

From my understanding, M25YL will be addressed post-TDS. Don't take that as a given, but that's what it appears to be for now.

Adamis wrote:4) I've read "Return to Angel Island" again, and I'm a bit lost. Is General Kage the General Stryker seen in the Knuckles comics?

Kage is the son of General von Stryker.

Adamis wrote:5) Will Jon Gray and Jeff Axer work on the comic again?

You'd have to ask them, I'm afraid.

Adamis wrote:6) Are there plans of releasing a special issue featuring sketches, rejected pages, characters model sheets, etc?

Oooh! That's a nifty one! I don't know if it's doable, but I'd like to see it done.

Adamis wrote:7)Any plans for Super Sonic? We haven't seen him since #126 I think...

Yes :D

Adamis wrote:I think that's all for now, thanks in advance^^

The pleasure is mine 8)
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Re: Well,

Postby Faded-Myth » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:35 am

NackTheWeasel wrote:I, for one, don't want Sally and Sonic back together. If this was SatAM, I would want Sonic and Sally to be together. However, this is not SatAM and I havent forgotten that Sally slapped Sonic for trying to save the world. But this, however, does not mean I want Sonic to be with Fiona.

You have to realise that love is filled with painful moments. Sonic isn't the first person to be slapped by a potential lover. My own cheek has born the redness of previous unfortunate encounters with the female species =P But that doesn't make them wrong people, nor does it make the slap a bad decision or an indication of a doomed romance. See, the thing is, people learn from their mistakes more than they do with victories or successes, and especially eternal happiness... You stop to think about what you've done wrong, or what you're doing wrong, and you learn how to correct yourself, or to figure out the problem if it's not you. As far as I'm concerned, Sonic deserved that slap. After all, you could certainly say that the recent behaviour of that certain hog has been far worse than that of Sally's. I also believe that it's pretty clear Sonic's starting to realise his mistakes. His pining for Sally's company, wether as a lover or a friend, is testament to that.

Anyway, while I'm here, I'd like to say hello to everyone here, expecially YOU, Mr Ian and Mr Tracy, and all you other fellons. I mean artists. I'm excited to be here experiencing this ride with you guys =)
Thank you both for bring so available to the public, and for listening to us.

I'd like to point out that I'm aware many of my DeviantArt journal entries have had a very anti-Archie tint to them. Most of that anger was directed at the writings of Ken Penders and Karl Bollers, whom I was never a fan of. I humbly bow on one knee and express that there will be no illogical criticism from me here. I respect all of you as artists and whatever you make of your tenures at Archie you'll have my full support. I wish you all the best, and again, I'm glad to be here. =)

One last thing. Living down here in Perth, Western Australia we're 3 issues behind you Yanks. It's a good thing I'm patient XD Thank God for the Innernet.
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby Adamis » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:58 pm

Thanks for answering, Mr Potto ^^

Woohoo, Super Sonic!
Adamis
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius