Welcome one and all!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Shorty » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:18 pm

BIIG POST!

I'd have to disagree about the whole "meant to be" thing with Sonic/Sally. Sally comes off to me as more of what Lana Lang was to Clark in Superman/Smallville. A love interest for Clark in his teen years who was unfortunately doomed not to be paired him as far as a long term relationship was concerned. The ultimate aspirations of Sonic and Sally(provided in character) seems too contradicting for them to be anything on the lines of husband and wife... Which is why I and a lot of anti Sonic/Sally fans don't see the point in being shoved Sonic/Sally when they think it could never logically work.
Elias may be here, but as far as I'm concerned Sally is still heir, and it doesn't seem as if its really in Elias' character to take up ruling as a long term career when he's clearly expressed in the comic that he'd like a more normal life for not only himself, but his children. I simply see Elias being king as protecting Sally from being forced into a destructive relationship and tyrannical king. Maybe that'll promote Sally to want to wait for Sonic to succumb to her ways? But knowing Sonic, he probably won't for as long as there's a problem in the world, he'll always have a reason to be on the fastlane, and not at Sally's side. Do I think that Sonic and Sally should just be ditched? No. I feel that with controversial an issue love is in the comic, fans should be allowed to the freedom of choice, and its the present; we'll never see Sonic marry any girl anyway... however the freedom of choice is also one of the reasons I don't really approve of the idea of Mina/Ash.

Mina not only loses the triangle, angering her fans, but then Archie pairs her off with some guy the fans got no development with as if to say "okay Mina fans we want you to just ditch the idea of Mina getting together and just force you to like and stomach SonSal". Ash also seems to want a commitment and relationship that Mina is still too young for and because she doesn't want to deal with the pain of wronging Ash and being alone, goes along with him. A lot of Mina's fans don't even seem to like Ash/Mina but are forced to go along with it all in the name of the conservative shippers being happy. Not to say that they are the only ones, but the bigheadedness I've seen with some SonSal fans don't help either.
Mina's a character that got her heart broken, yes, but are characters like Sally, and Amy exempt from this either? Its obvious looking at Amy's anger of seeing Sonic with other girls that she's probably had her heart broken many times, and Sally's not only had to deal with Mina, but the task of ruling alone since Sonic pretty much betrayed her trust when he chose the fastlane over her. And now add Fiona to the mix. I think its great that Mina would feel insecure about her relationship with Sonic and the other girls because it could keep them away from actually becoming officially Sonic's girlfriend while they still develop with him. While I disagree with the notion Sonic "set" on Sally (as I felt many instances in the comic have pointed otherwise including #123's cover: "Torn between two hotties"), whose to say that Mina should never come back to feeling for Sonic as all the other girls have the opportunity to do, when almost every girl whose ever had feelings for him have gone through the same thing she has? She was fairly popular too.

Okay! Question time!

1) Is it the status quo to have Shadow continuously working for Robotnik?

2) What about Sonic the Fighters arcade character Honey the Cat? Any plans of using her? ever heard of her?

3) Any plans of using Tiara Boobowski?

4) Do you see Scourge and Rouge continuing to work together in the near future? Would you call the parnters in crime of sorts?

5) Any chance of seeing characters other than Sonic but still under the liscence of SEGA? Characters like in NIGHTS or Samba de Amigo?

6) Would you consider the "Grape pods" seen at the end of the "Return to Angel Island" story arc. a brain-washing machine? Will it be something continuously used and implied like the roboticizer once was?
Shorty
KER-BANNED!

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:04 pm

Shorty wrote:1) Is it the status quo to have Shadow continuously working for Robotnik?
4) Do you see Scourge and Rouge continuing to work together in the near future? Would you call the parnters in crime of sorts?
6) Would you consider the "Grape pods" seen at the end of the "Return to Angel Island" story arc. a brain-washing machine? Will it be something continuously used and implied like the roboticizer once was?

Answer: Wait and see!

Shorty wrote:2) What about Sonic the Fighters arcade character Honey the Cat? Any plans of using her? ever heard of her?

Was she a cat? She looked more like a bear to me. In any event, she wasn't so much a character as she was a cute nod to Honey of Virtua Fighter - the game Sonic the Fighters was born from. That being said, see the next Q/A...

Shorty wrote:3) Any plans of using Tiara Boobowski?

I would love to write in Tiara and her father. That goes for Honey, Mach, Max, Sharps and any other long-lost character to the series. Right now, however, we have an over-abundance of characters. While I have ideas for them all, we don't really need them right now. Should the stars align, though, and we have a place for them, I'll definitely bring them into being.

Shorty wrote:5) Any chance of seeing characters other than Sonic but still under the liscence of SEGA? Characters like in NIGHTS or Samba de Amigo?

Highly unlikely. NiGHTS had his chance with his pair of mini-series. If I were to hazard a guess, I would say Billy Hatcher had the best chance out of any of them due to his more recent exposure. But seeing how he lost out of being in Sonci Riders to NiGHTS, Aiai and Ulala, I think it's fair to say Sega will be hedging its bets with the one sure winner - Sonic.

I could be wrong, though. That's been known to happen from time to time ;)
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby sonicxfactor » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:37 pm

Dont forget the other Sonicteam games such as the Saturn classic Burning Rangers Or the Dreamcasts Phantasy Star Online.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby sonicforever » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:28 pm

In 157 Robotnick mentions that he can get Jules out of his robotic body and in 158 Sonic reiterates that he is only doing this for his dad. Any chance we'll see an anti robotic Jules in the future?
sonicforever
BumbleFan

Postby Shorty » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:03 pm

Was she a cat? She looked more like a bear to me.

Bear? naw, I think its safe to say cat. Especially when considering the fact she has pointed, triangular ears shaped like a cat,and almost, if not more than half of the Fighting Viper Honey's attacks consisted of the name having the word "Cat" in it.
Shorty
KER-BANNED!

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:59 am

sonicforever wrote:Any chance we'll see an anti robotic Jules in the future?

Not in the near future, no. But I wouldn't rule it out of ever happening.

Shorty wrote:
IanPotto wrote:Was she a cat? She looked more like a bear to me.

Bear? naw, I think its safe to say cat. Especially when considering the fact she has pointed, triangular ears shaped like a cat,and almost, if not more than half of the Fighting Viper Honey's attacks consisted of the name having the word "Cat" in it.

Well, you can't really play upon the appearances too much - which would throw out both our reasoning in that regard. Honestly, does Sonic look that much like a hedgehog? Knuckles like an echidna? Big like a cat? But you won me over on FV-Honey's moves being cat-named. Honey the Cat it is.

Which actually fits in rather nicely with ponderings I've head. Fill in places I'd neat. (cackles to himself as he plots his plots)
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Kamal » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:12 am

IanPotto wrote:That goes for Honey, Mach, Max, Sharps and any other long-lost character to the series.

Except for Honey the Cat, I've never heard of any of these chara. Can someone clue me in as to their origins?
Kamal
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:29 am

Kamal wrote:
IanPotto wrote:That goes for Honey, Mach, Max, Sharps and any other long-lost character to the series.

Except for Honey the Cat, I've never heard of any of these chara. Can someone clue me in as to their origins?

Geek out about Sonic? I'd love to :D

Max the Monkey, Mach the Rabbit, and Sharps the Chicken were all to be part of a band. You'll notice Vector was among them. If I recall correctly, they were all to be featured in Sonic 1's music section. They were all cut due to time and budget restraints, unfortunately. I'm also fairly certain Madonna was among the supporting cast by this point, but I could be wrong.

(Madonna being a blond in a short, red cocktail dress and short, blonde hair. Sonic Cult's Sonic 1 page has her image along with a plethora of other lost info)
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Sonic922 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:38 am

Yeah, I read about that... them, and a break-dancing Sonic sprite were cut out of the game so they could fit in the SE-GA chime at the beginning(I read it took 1/8 of their memory). I think there was an interview about that with Naka-San. Stange... I wonder where they would be if they were still in the series.
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby sonicxfactor » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:25 pm

Ian questions.

1: Have you ever thought about revisiting other places in Mobius such as the Little Planet from Sonic CD or Flickies Island from Sonic 3D?

2: Ex writer Karl said that he planned to bring back Nate Morgan. Will we see him again or are you just going to let sleeping corpses lie?

3: Will the The Original Freedom Fighters from issue 142-143 ever return? I ask this because the original Robotnik had them robotized and sent them to the Zone of Silence, so in they must have survived the de-robotizeing process that the Bem aliens did, so my guess is they are still robotized.

4: Metal Sonic is getting old, any chance you can put in Metal Knuckles and the Tails Doll from Sonic R or the second Metal Sonic from the end of Sonic & Knuckles. Or how about metal versions of the Freedom Fighters or the Chaotix?

5: When will we see Isaac from The Good, The Bad, & The Unknown again? Will he be in the The Darkest Storm arc or have you got something special planned for him?

6: When King Max wakes up from his coma will he retain his position as king since he never went though any ceremony giving up his crown to his son or daughter?

7: Who started up those Metal Sonic Troopers from issue 157-159? Will we find out in The Darkest Storm arc?
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby Sonic922 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:13 pm

I think that King Max will take hisposition back since in M25YL Sally says her dad stepped down before Sonic became king.
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:51 pm

sonicxfactor wrote:1: Have you ever thought about revisiting other places in Mobius such as the Little Planet from Sonic CD or Flickies Island from Sonic 3D?

I would like to do a story with Little (Miracle) Planet, Amy and the Time Stones. Don't look for it within the next three years, though =P I have no plans (as of now) to return to Flickie Island.

sonicxfactor wrote:2: Ex writer Karl said that he planned to bring back Nate Morgan. Will we see him again or are you just going to let sleeping corpses lie?

I'm working under a pretty strict "dead is dead" policy. There is a Nate Morgan story I'll be pitching much later down the line, but that doesn't mean it'll be approved or published. So until you see otherwise, just assume Nate and the other Robian-Overlanders (Roverlanders?) are nuclear slag.

sonicxfactor wrote:3: Will the The Original Freedom Fighters from issue 142-143 ever return? I ask this because the original Robotnik had them robotized and sent them to the Zone of Silence, so in they must have survived the de-robotizeing process that the Bem aliens did, so my guess is they are still robotized.

I can get into this more at the end of the year, but no, no O.F.F. Your reasoning is sound, though.

sonicxfactor wrote:4: Metal Sonic is getting old, any chance you can put in Metal Knuckles and the Tails Doll from Sonic R or the second Metal Sonic from the end of Sonic & Knuckles. Or how about metal versions of the Freedom Fighters or the Chaotix?

There are plans for the other Metals (including Tails Doll). That's all I can say right now.

sonicxfactor wrote:5: When will we see Isaac from The Good, The Bad, & The Unknown again? Will he be in the The Darkest Storm arc or have you got something special planned for him?

Issues from GBU, Birthday Bash and The Darkest Storm will be either touched upon or resolved in a story post-S#164.

sonicxfactor wrote:6: When King Max wakes up from his coma will he retain his position as king since he never went though any ceremony giving up his crown to his son or daughter?

No, Maximillian will not challenge Elias's rule. Whoops! Looks like I hinted Max will recover. I wonder when that will be?

sonicxfactor wrote:7: Who started up those Metal Sonic Troopers from issue 157-159? Will we find out in The Darkest Storm arc?

That will be revealed by the year's end.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Sonic922 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:10 pm

If there are future Knuckles solo stories, will you be writing them?
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:21 pm

Sonic922 wrote:
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2006 04:10 am Post subject:
If there are future Knuckles solo stories, will you be writing them?

I honestly have no idea. If some kind of spin-off were to arise, I would like to do it of course. There's too many factors and "what-ifs" to take into account.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby nuckles87 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:50 am

Are Bean and Bark gonna stay small time bad guys? Or could they become good guys?
nuckles87
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius