Welcome one and all!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: RE

Postby sonicxfactor » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:39 pm

EthanEmerald wrote:I hope you get Sally and Sonic back together, too. :?

Right on, I hope they get back together soon (my guess it will happen in #175 since it’s a landmark issue, but then again maybe not, Ian surprise us if you will).

Ever since seeing SATAM I always liked Sonic & Sally as a couple, and ever since the comic started all those years ago it was plain obvious that they were both destined for each other.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:26 pm

Amen to that.

-Taps Ian-

You listening, Mr. Potto? ^^
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:09 pm

Heh, I'm listenin' - I'm listenin'.

What you all have to realize, though, is I'm listening to everyone.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Well,

Postby NackTheWeasel » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:50 am

I, for one, don't want Sally and Sonic back together. If this was SatAM, I would want Sonic and Sally to be together. However, this is not SatAM and I havent forgotten that Sally slapped Sonic for trying to save the world. But this, however, does not mean I want Sonic to be with Fiona.
NackTheWeasel
BumbleFan

Re: Well,

Postby EthanEmerald » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:31 pm

You're absolutely right that SONIC is its own entire universe. However, SONIC used to be very much influenced by SatAM. Over time, it has shifted greatly from its roots. I don't want to see the amazing and beautiful past of Sonic/Sally forgotten. It really feels like they are destined to be together.

M25YL even depicts Sonic and Sally as King and Queen. We can't call this 100% accurate, but this is a highly possible future. Some say it's impossible for Sonic and Sally to spend time together, because Sally's always in the Kingdom. Well, the Line of Succession changed the status quo. Now, we've got Elias in charge, and Sally free to join the Freedom Fighters once more. This is a perfect opportunity for Sonic and Sally to spend some quality time together.

As for the #134 slap, I believe it's safe to call that history. Cannot you see that Sally loves Sonic? Her thought balloons in SONIC #145 and her emotional expressions in Line of Succession are perfect evidence. I'm almost positive Sonic has feelings for Sally, too.

Did I get carried away? I apologise, if so. ;)
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby Dirk Amoeba » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:34 am

As far as I recall, Sonic and Sally were never "together" in SatAM, although there was obvious mutual attraction.
Dirk Amoeba
BumbleFan

Re: Well,

Postby sonicxfactor » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:59 pm

EthanEmerald wrote:You're absolutely right that SONIC is its own entire universe. However, SONIC used to be very much influenced by SatAM. Over time, it has shifted greatly from its roots. I don't want to see the amazing and beautiful past of Sonic/Sally forgotten. It really feels like they are destined to be together.

M25YL even depicts Sonic and Sally as King and Queen. We can't call this 100% accurate, but this is a highly possible future. Some say it's impossible for Sonic and Sally to spend time together, because Sally's always in the Kingdom. Well, the Line of Succession changed the status quo. Now, we've got Elias in charge, and Sally free to join the Freedom Fighters once more. This is a perfect opportunity for Sonic and Sally to spend some quality time together.

As for the #134 slap, I believe it's safe to call that history. Cannot you see that Sally loves Sonic? Her thought balloons in SONIC #145 and her emotional expressions in Line of Succession are perfect evidence. I'm almost positive Sonic has feelings for Sally, too.

Did I get carried away? I apologise, if so. ;)

Sonic does have feelings for her. Take a look in issue 157 when Sonics playing that sad song on his guitar, face it I wouldn’t be surprised if when he’s hanging out with his friends he just puts all the bad thing behind him and act normal. However I bet when he sees Sally he’s making out he’s happy but in reality he’s hurting deep inside, heck I wouldn’t at all be surprised if at night he cry’s himself to sleep.

If something like this was shown in the comic I wouldn’t be saying thing like “why is Sonic crying he’s supposed to be cool and stuff but he’s acting like a girl and stuff” I instead would say things like that this is a really brave thing that the comic is doing as it is showing that Sonic has feelings and that it shows that he really misses Sally and wants her back.

The point, Sonic loves Sally and Sally loves Sonic, she showed that in Love And Loss from issue 144. Even though she has a big responsibility to look out for her people deep down she loves Sonic very much and waiting for the right moment to confront him, and now that her brother is the new king (for now) she has a chance to maybe get close to Sonic and win back his trust when he says thing like “I’m not going to die” to her and eventually lead up to the moment when they say sorry to each other.

To cut a long story short, Sonic and Sally are meant to be. Get used to it.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby NackTheWeasel » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:14 pm

As for the #134 slap, I believe it's safe to call that history. Cannot you see that Sally loves Sonic? Her thought balloons in SONIC #145 and her emotional expressions in Line of Succession are perfect evidence. I'm almost positive Sonic has feelings for Sally, too

Mina loved Sonic, too. And look what she got. Just because someone loves Sonic, it doesn't mean thay're going to be together. For all we know, Mina might (and probobly does) love Sonic still... But one thing's for sure. As long as Mina's jealous jerk of a boyfriend is around, Sonic and Mina will not be together. So I'm just hoping that Sonic stays single. Or Ash dies.
NackTheWeasel
BumbleFan

Postby sonicforever » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:13 am

Heh ya know it seems that a bunch of people dislike Sally simply for the Slap in 134. Yeah it was out of character kinda and a lot of us will never forgive Bollers for it but it happened so whatever. I kinda find it pretty stupid to dislike her baced on that one incident. I would like to see them get back together and think that if you clear this whole thing up between the both of them that people would soon forget the slap. Besides with Max out of the way (hopefully for a long time cause I hated his guts) Sally doesn't really have as much pressure on her.
sonicforever
BumbleFan

Postby Dirk Amoeba » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:09 am

As for the #134 slap, I believe it's safe to call that history.

In the comic's timeline, it probably occurred less than a month ago.
Dirk Amoeba
BumbleFan

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:40 am

I just read Heart Held Hostage again, and I loved it just as much as I did when I read it for the first time.

Honestly, I don't enjoy debating relationships. But, I'll share my opinion anyway.

I truly feel that the Sonic/Fiona business came out of nowhere. It seems almost like nonsense. I don't like seeing Sonic missing Sally, and Sally jealous of Fiona. It's rather depressing.
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby NackTheWeasel » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:02 pm

Heh ya know it seems that a bunch of people dislike Sally simply for the Slap in 134

I don't hate her just for that. I hate her for:

*Not thanking Mina for saving her life in 123

*Nack hates her

*She had this terrible control over him(Nack) in 153
NackTheWeasel
BumbleFan

Postby Kamal » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:30 pm

Much as I would like to see Sonic and Sally back together as quickly as possible, the damage to her personality has to be repaired first. In a way, I almost saw the events of ish #134 inevitable. For the longest time in this comic, there's been a major schism in Sally's character as she tries to reconcile the differences between "Sally the Leader" and "Sally the Ruler."

During the SatAM series and the early days of the comic the conflict was almost non-existant—hard to rule a kingdom that isn't there, y'know? And so the leader in her had the most exercise.

So when she was pushed into becoming a ruler—not sitting on throne, I mean, but having to accomplish her duties as a royal—I'm sure she realized early on she was at loss for how to act like one. The story that characterized this best was the conversation she had with the Source in SSS#11. Shown what her future would be like if she listened to her father and follwed the path of becoming a ruler, she knew she simply couldn't follow it, not because she felt she wasn't ready, but because the path wouldn't take her where she wanted to go.

At this point the conflict between her two halves was still minimal. Being two steps away from the throne gave her a long enough leash to allow her to retain most of her indiviuality. Then Elias decided to vanish.

Now the pressure was starting to get to her. The most of her old life had been dismantled and it had been a while since she had any real interaction with her old friends. I'm sure she felt as if she was dangling over a crevice, her duty on one side, her life on the other. Her duty, personified through her father, she didn't want to defy, but her life, personified through Sonic, she didn't want to lose. Being in such an untenable position, she desperately tried to unite the two halves. The consequences of which was #134.

What Sally needs to see is that there will never be reconcilliation, but there is space for compromise. What that compromise will be, I can only speculate at and I really don't want to tell Ian how to do his job (just yet :P ). Mostly, I just want to see a happy Sally again before we wade into any of this relationship stuff.
Kamal
BumbleFan

Another question

Postby EthanEmerald » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:44 pm

Ian, I've got a question for you.

My favorite "classic" SONIC game is S3&K. I saw that Karl Bollers and WB Gray were giving many nods to the game in the RTAI arc. One interesting detail in the story was the mural on the wall in the Hidden Palace.

(Don't know what I'm talking about? I'm speaking of the mural behind the Sonic/Knuckles battle that shows Super Sonic battling Eggman in space.)

Are you going to follow up on any of these concepts? I think it would be very cool, indeed.
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:41 pm

EthanEmerald wrote:I saw that Karl Bollers and WB Gray were giving many nods to the game in the RTAI arc. One interesting detail in the story was the mural on the wall in the Hidden Palace.

Are you going to follow up on any of these concepts? I think it would be very cool, indeed.

If I have the time/page space/opportunity, yes, I'd like to explain the S3&K mosaic/mural and how it fits into the echidna time-line. Don't expect it until much, much later down the line, though.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius