Welcome one and all!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby sonicforever » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:00 am

1 Any chance of you guys giving Sally a haircut and get back to her old hairstyle? (hearty laughter)

2 Why is Tails acting all friendly with Sonic in 160? I thought he was ticked at him for the whole Fiona thing.
sonicforever
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:11 pm

sonicforever wrote:1 Any chance of you guys giving Sally a haircut and get back to her old hairstyle?

I've been considering it, actually. We'll see.

sonicforever wrote:2 Why is Tails acting all friendly with Sonic in 160? I thought he was ticked at him for the whole Fiona thing

That was answered on the last page, chief.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:54 pm

Speaking of Sally's hair, I'd like to see it evolved into this haircut:

That's HOT. :wink:
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby Spite » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:57 pm

No love for the Sally McAcorn hairdo?

Personally, I'd rather see her thrown in that vat of goo and turned pink with black hair again. I think she looked better that way.
Spite
BumbleNewbie

Postby sonicforever » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:38 pm

Sorry bout that Ian.

1 Do you sometimes wish that the games had some of the comic only characters in and the storylines tied together? I mean it seems like there is a real split between the segasonic fans and the people who like the archie and satam storylines.

2 When will Steven Butler and Fry be back?
sonicforever
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:37 pm

S'all good.

sonicforever wrote:1 Do you sometimes wish that the games had some of the comic only characters in and the storylines tied together? I mean it seems like there is a real split between the segasonic fans and the people who like the archie and satam storylines.

A little, but I'm rather happy with the split. The Sonic games (to date) have been general enough in their stories that they can be implimented into the comic without too much fuss. We take our liberties, yes, but we try to maintain true to the core.

If there was more correlation between the two, it would be all the harder to keep the comics aligned with the games; i.e. if a Sega-Sally was given a completely different backstory, it would really throw a wrench into the established comic continuity.

So I'm happy for what we've got and content to move ahead with it.

sonicforever wrote:2 When will Steven Butler and Fry be back?

Not for a long haul like the old days - at least not since I've last heard. James Fry will be doing the pencils for "The Darkest Storm" (S#162-164) while Steve Butler is penciling a back-up or two. They haven't been solicited yet, and I don't believe I can hand out a definitive publish date.
Last edited by Ian Flynn on Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:47 pm

If my sources are accurate, Steven Butler should be doing the upcoming "See you later, Chao" and the M25YL saga.

EDIT: Oops! Sorry; it looks like my sources weren't so true!
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby sonicxfactor » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:05 am

I hope Steve Butler comes back, he's a good artist.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby NackTheWeasel » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:23 pm

Any chance of Nack Breaking out? Or getting broken out by somebody? Or any chance of Nic returning? And what of Mina and her abusive boyfriend Ash? Will Mina be with that jerk forevermore?
NackTheWeasel
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:12 pm

NackTheWeasel wrote:Any chance of Nack Breaking out? Or getting broken out by somebody? Or any chance of Nic returning?

Can't answer any of that right now, other than to say "wait and see."

NackTheWeasel wrote:And what of Mina and her abusive boyfriend Ash? Will Mina be with that jerk forevermore?

Nope, since there never was such a character. Anti-social, intimidated-by-Sonic-and-deals-with-it-moodily Ash will be with Mina for the foreseeable future, but neither of them are slated to show up soon.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby nuckles87 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:00 pm

Will Sally be returning to the Freedom Fighters, Ian? Or will she remain a political figure?
nuckles87
BumbleKnight

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:14 pm

nuckles87 wrote:Will Sally be returning to the Freedom Fighters, Ian? Or will she remain a political figure?

Building Sally back up to anything is part of my agenda. The details of which fall under the blanket of "wait and see," though.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:05 pm

I hope you get Sally and Sonic back together, too. :?
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby Cole » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:23 pm

Hear, hear! Let's hope it turns out that way.

In the meanwhile, just wanted to say that although I'm stuck overseas, I heard from one of my ladyfriends back in the states that she enjoyed #160 a bunch. I'd give ya my own review, Ian, but it's kinda hard from the land of Steak n' Kidney Pie. Consider it a bit of appreciation by proxy. I'll give you a heartfelt review when I get back in May :P

Don't suppose you've got any idea when the solicits for #164 come out, at which point we probably get spoiled by accident, do you? :(hearty laughter):
Cole
BumbleNewbie

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:06 pm

Cole wrote:Don't suppose you've got any idea when the solicits for #164 come out, at which point we probably get spoiled by accident, do you? :(hearty laughter):

I'm not sure, honestly. The sollicits for S#163 came out with S#162, so we may go a month without. Or S#164 could pop up this week. We'll just have to wait and see.

And I'll be looking forward to that review ;)
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius