Ask Ian for November '07 - Is it "Enerjaknuckles?"

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Tonberry2k » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:09 am

He can teleport.

Well, I knew that. :P I just wasn't clear on the effectiveness of the forcefield. Enerjak could get in because he's omnipotent.
Any "normal" character I assumed would have a tougher time. I guess my question is is the teleportation a loophole in security for the city and can Nicole prevent (un-godlike) teleporting characters from getting in, or did she somehow know it was Archy and allow him to enter?
Tonberry2k
BumbleNoble

Postby Ze Nuvakat » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:32 pm

How do I apply for a job writing for the Sonic comics?
Ze Nuvakat
KER-BANNED!

Postby Oceanwind » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:59 pm

I haven't played Sonic Rivals 2 yet, but I saw a video on IGN, and it looks like Shadow and Metal Sonic will team up. Will we ever see them team up in the comic?
Oceanwind
BumbleFan

Postby ChaosJam » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:14 pm

1) Will Dr. Finitevus' reason for gathering info from the robot Issac ever be explained?

2) Why the use of Enerjak's old armor? Why not a redesign of the armor for Knuckles aside from the gold knuckle plating he has?
ChaosJam
BumbleNoble

Postby Tonberry2k » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:58 pm

Am I the only one who finds a disturbing perversion of the Sonic the Hedgehog/Tails the Fox dynamic in Scourge the Hedgehog and Fiona the Fox? It's almost as if the writers, consciously or unconsciously, made a complete mirror image of the innocent Sonic and Tails relationship, making them an evil Bonnie and Clyde.
Was this an intentional move?
Tonberry2k
BumbleNoble

Postby Aurora_Redwinters » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:30 am

1. Will we ever find out anything about Bunnie's parents?

2. Is Dulcy no longer with the Freedom Fighters again?

3. Does Elias's son have a name? I don't remember seeing it....
Aurora_Redwinters
BumbleNoble

Postby Kureejii Lea » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:10 pm

Aurora_Redwinters wrote:2. Is Dulcy no longer with the Freedom Fighters again?

She's been in the background, there's no reason to assume she's gone.

3. Does Elias's son have a name? I don't remember seeing it....

It's a girl. Name's Alexis.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby GrandMasterGalvatron » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:08 am

This is on Wikipedia's entry for NICOLE:

"Fans question whether the animal form depicted by Archie was a bit of a joke, since NICOLE is a handheld computer, and the "Lynx" was a handheld game system."

Can you confirm/deny this?

EDIT:
Based on what you know of the character, if you were to pick a song to be Julie-Su's theme, what would it be and why?
GrandMasterGalvatron
BumbleKnight

Postby 2tailed » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:46 pm

I guess I'm one who missed the deadline, so please consider my questions already asked.

User was banned for this post.
2tailed
BumbleKnight

Questions for Ian

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:01 pm

I'm kind of excited, as this is my first time on Bumbleking. Okay, I'm a big Enerjak fan, and here are some of my questions:

1. Are you planning an encounter between the new Enerjak and Mammoth Mogul? Seriously, I would just love to see the look on Mogul's face at the sight of the new Enerjak after he beat the old one, especially when he finds out that it's Knuckles! Knux hasn't really had a chance to beat on Mogul since coming back from the dead, and I figure it'll be a most humorous reunion.

2. Is Shadow going to be fighting Enerjak? I know that Sonic will because of a #184 preview I saw, but I'd really like to know if Shadow might get the chance at least once.

3. Why did you cut Remington out of the Dark Legion before he really got to shine as a villain?

4. Will Luger come up in the upcoming issues? You know, I figure that you've got the whole Echidna deal going, so why not?
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:49 pm

IanPotto wrote:
Question #21 wrote:Do you imagine Nicole's "avatar" as sounding like her cartoon-handheld counterpart?

I generally think of anyone from the SatAM cast having their voices from the show. You can think of Nicole having the same voice, but with much more personality.

That sparked a little curiousity in me. When you say "anyone from the SatAM cast," does that include Sonic and Tails? Or do you imagine a more recent casting for either/or (say, from Sonic Adventure or the 4Kids crew)?

And what about Robotnik? The original, hard to imagine anyone other than the SatAM voice, or maybe Long John Baldry (depending on the era early on; I imagine Baldry in the earlier, humorous issues, SatAM for the "Spaz" era, for lack of a better term).

And even then, the current Eggman is different in character and in body; do you imagine one of the more recent voices for his, or do you imagine him with a SatAM voice?

As for my second question (so to speak), last I heard, there were no plans for a sort of collected Archie Sonic database of files on characters, but rhetorically speaking, suppose one comes out. I'm curious as to what sort of order do you think might be best to list the entries in.

Normally, these are done alphabetically, but if it were to take more than one issue, I could see how that could potentially be a problem as big names like Robotnik, Rouge, Sally, Shadow, Sonic, Tails, and Vector would likely be near the middle or back of a later issue. That would probably not set as well with some people, I'd imagine.

The other line of thought would be "in order of appearance," which I imagine would be a slight nightmare to research, but would definitely put a lot of the heavier hitters right up front.

So, supposing this dream (for me, anyway) project were to come to life and you had input on how it went, which way do you think would be the best approach to handle it?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby EHH123 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:32 pm

1. I don't mean to bug you with question, but when will you write Script bits again?
2. What do you think of manga Sabrina? (I know this question is not Sonic-related, but you once said that you wished you read the first issues when they came out and I hope you will answer it anyway.)
EHH123
BumbleKnight

Postby PyroDaFox » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:32 pm

1) In the previous thread you mentioned something about other enclaves of humans exist outside of Station Square. Is that to say that other pockets of humans survived the Xorda bombing, or did I misunderstand something?

2) Where does the United Federation stand in terms of technological progress when compared to the Mobians and Eggman? From what I've seen, they were (for the most part) at the equivalent of early 21st century Earth.
PyroDaFox
BumbleFan

Postby Nel » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:10 pm

This new version of Metal Sonic you mentioned in the Sonic Rivals 2 thread sounds absolutely awesome. Any chance you'd ever put the redesigned MS into the comic, since your review made you sound like you liked it?
Nel
BumbleKnight

Postby Glaber » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:19 pm

1. If you're going to do an adaption on Rivals 2 can you at least make it a compleate story/complete side story rather than the clifhanger/advertisement backups you've been doing so far?

2. What ever happened to Rotor's Family? Last I saw they were on an Ice drift after Rotor's solo story.

3. what ever happened to the Sea Fox (Tails' sub) and Rotor's Submarine?

4. If the restriction on Cream were to be lifted how would you add her in if you were going to?
Glaber
BumbleCitizen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius