Ask Ian for November '07 - Is it "Enerjaknuckles?"

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Ask Ian for November '07 - Is it "Enerjaknuckles?"

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:48 am

The New Rules wrote: The New Rules

1) Answers Will Come Weekly

Counting from midnight (EST) on Sunday and going into the very last minute of Saturday of each week I'll take questions. Updates will come the following Sunday, and anything submitted on that Sunday will have to wait the week.

2) Five Questions Per Person

Same old rule from before - you get five questions a week, maximum. You don't have to ask five, and anything over five will be ignored. You get a total of five per week, so you're free to post some now and some later. Since that limitation didn't seem to limit too much, however, there's a new wrinkle . . .

3) Limited Number of Answers

I will be selecting questions that I feel will elicit the most thoughtful or informative responses. Questions that look to clarify plot points are good. Asking my opinion about the latest movie isn't the best idea. I don't expect to be picking more than five questions total per week, but it will depend on what's asked per week. I'm not playing favorites or making a statement about anybody's questions. I'm trying to maximize the effectiveness of this feature. So choose your questions carefully.

If we go a dry week, I may go back to questions I passed the first time around and answer them. Still, I'm investing my time to answer y'all's questions. I just ask that some time is invested on your (collective) end.

4) What You Should Post

There is one thing you can post in these threads:

Questions!

No mini-reviews, no reactions to previous questions, no answers - questions only.

Do not post discussion, chatter, corrections, reactions, anything else! If you clutter the thread with anything other than Q&A, you will be temp-banned, starting with one week. Repeat offense get an additional week tacked onto it.

5) No, Seriously, I Will Totally Ban You

I'm dead serious on this one, guys. I don't care if you've had a perfect record on this forum. You derail, you're gone for a week. I will go total iron-fisted-mad-with-power-dictator here. I turned a blind eye to it for the first three sessions and that proved to be a mistake. Please don't make me enforce this.

6) Wow . . . This Sure Is . . . Strict

It's a necessary evil to ensure you and everyone else gets the most direct access to the information. If things go well, I might loosen things up a little. But I would rather you all get your answers like this than staying silent forever.

So, with all that scary moderator business out of the way, let's get to asking!

Questions from the Previous Thread

Orion101 wrote:1. In your opinion what kind of relationship did Lien-Da and Kragok have? We didn't see them interacting except in that flashback but in the story where Dimitri is about to die she seems concered that Kragok would never forgive her if she were indebted to Knuckles.

2. What was your opinion on her son Rutan's character he seemed like a trouble making bad boy but didn't seem actually evil like his mom?
Last edited by Ian Flynn on Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Para » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:58 pm

Ian, are you concerned at all that bringing back Remington after his apparent 'death' is going to end up being reminiscent of the disaster that was the resurrection of Tommy Turtle, or do you think the situations are different enough to keep that from happening?

Does Remington's revival and restoration cheapen his sacrifice in Return to Angel Island?

Were Lara-Le, Wyn and baby Mace sent off to Albion by Ener-Knux?

Why in the world is Ener-Knux sending anyone to Albion when Doc Fin told him that Albion had been destroyed?
Last edited by Para on Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Para
BumbleNoble

Postby JaxBombin' » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:19 pm

As far as the future enemies for the comic book, what will you do?
JaxBombin'
BumbleKnight

Postby Dakota Bob » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:17 pm

Will you further explore Bunnie and Antoines marriage in later issues?
Dakota Bob
BumbleFan

Postby Luger » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:03 pm

1.) Had you been planning on making the Echidnas and Angel Island a lot more like their game counterparts for a while? Was is a personal preference? If not, what was your reasoning for the recent events regarding Angel Island in the series (i.e. all the Echidnas being sent to Albion and their population thinning out).

2.) Without spoiling too much, would you prefer to see Dimitri restored to an all-Echidna self like the Dark Legion, or are you content with seeing him in his glass-bubble form?

3.) Would you ever consider doing a series of back stories regarding the some of the Brotherhood, particularly the ones we know almost nothing about during their tenure as Guardian (Moonwatcher, Harlan, Remembrandt, Jordan, Mathias, Spectre, Thunderhawk, Sojourner)?

4.) Knuckles' recent choice to become Enerjak will likely result in a distancing between him and his closest friends. Can we expect to see the results of his choice and the impact it will have on his friendships in the New Year?
Luger
BumbleNoble

Postby Count Koopula » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:52 pm

Why did you bring back Enerjak in the first place? How did you get the idea for it? Also how long have you had this major story idea planned?
Count Koopula
BumbleClan

Postby Oceanwind » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:34 pm

I have a few questions about Sonic X:
1. Will we see more of Rouge and Topaz?

2. Will we see more of the Chaotix? I don't think we've seen them in a while.

3. Cream's appeared more recently than the other characters I mentioned, but is she going to receive any kind of development? She doesn't really have a very developed personality, IMO.

4. Is Vanilla's relationship with Cream going to be explored? I would like to know what kind of parent would let their 6-year old kid go out into space.
Oceanwind
BumbleFan

Postby SweetChastity » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:03 pm

1. After this plot is done will we get to see some of the data file stuff you did for New Mobotropolis but on Angel Island and Albion since it appears that there will be a lot of changes and data files are fun :)

2. I recall a splash page of Green Knuckles facing off Mammoth Mogul and wonder why you don't put more in? What are your thoughts on some splash pages and can we hope to see more in the future?

3. This board is for discussion. Archie's site doesn't have much on the Sonic comic. Are there any other sources where we can satisfy our craving for more visuals of our favorite heroes? I love fanart but would like to see more from the artists who draw the comic especially on characters that aren't often seen. Any official sites with artwork?

4. Do we have to ask all 5 questions in one post or can we ask 2 and then later after reading some of your replies ask 2 more?

5. Some of the mainstream comics produce special issues of just pin-ups, Any chance we can see something like that on Sonic?
SweetChastity
BumbleFan

Postby Count Koopula » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:20 am

Also...
Dude, what's with the car bed? :wink: And will we be seeing more of it?
Count Koopula
BumbleClan

Postby Cerwyn » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:16 am

1) How much was Lara-Le told before she married Locke? It is mentioned in the comics that she knew Knuckles' obligations before she and Locke were married (at least that's what Locke told her) and so I wondered how much she really knew.

2) Sort of an extension of the first question but why did Lara marry Locke if she felt the terms were so disagreeable? We saw that Jenna-Lu was still alive and Lara could seek her out for advice and I'm certain Jenna would have given her a heads up about to expect. So, why did Lara bother? Did she really think she would have much say?
Cerwyn
BumbleFan

Postby megabeatman » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:43 am

1. What was the initial decision to reintroduce Nicole's furry form on a more active basis?

2. Will there be a chance to develop Furry Nicole's social skills beyond her acting as New Mobotrobolis' AI unless major changes,story wise, occur during the Enerjak arc?

3. Will the repercussions of the Enerjak arc last for a number of issues?

4. Do you have an idea for issue 200 that rivals the shocking issue 175?
megabeatman
BumbleKnight

Postby Tonberry2k » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:09 am

1. How did Archimedes get inside the forcefield in the newest issue?
2. Do you imagine Nicole's "avatar" as sounding like her cartoon-handheld counterpart?
3. Will we see Mina any time soon and do you plan to explore her possible relationship with Tails?
4. With Octobot and Crocbot presumed destroyed, if we get back to the Downunda/Forty Fathom Freedom Fighters, who will their enemies be?
Tonberry2k
BumbleNoble

Postby GrandMasterGalvatron » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:05 pm

1. Do you have any plans to align Turbo Tails with his current in game Super State or are you content with him the way he is.

2. Has Sega given you any information on Rivals 2 for a tie in?

3. Are you going to fix the opening post in this thread that mentions that there are two things that can be posted?

4. Does Eggman still have the ability to roboticize by touch?

5. Doesn't everything that appears in the pages of the comic belong to Sega?
GrandMasterGalvatron
BumbleKnight

Postby 2tailed » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:40 pm

1. Aliens from outer space!! What do you think about the fact that several alien races have played a part (especially those that have come to and affected Mobius and our heroes) in the StH comic?
2. The only part of the Sonic '06 game that could really be canon is the final ending scene. Would you ever incorporate that into the comic?
3. Any plans for Rosie and her crew of kids?
4. Do you think those kids have any potential to play a significant role in a story, or are they to forever be the minorest of characters?
5. If (IF) the first Day of Fury was when the Xorda set off their mutating gene-bombs, why have there been several more (including in our characters' lifetimes) since?
Last edited by 2tailed on Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2tailed
BumbleKnight

Postby Lobotomy » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:52 pm

Count Koopula wrote:Also...
Dude, what's with the car bed? :wink: And will we be seeing more of it?

The car bed's been around since the early #100s.

User was Banned for This Post
Lobotomy
BumbleNoble

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius