Sonic the Hedgehog #215 Preview Pages/Discussion/Spoilers

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Gigazubyte » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:48 am

I don't think it would be "He must have been so convincing that the people who knew boomer were tricked into thinking they had always called him rotor!"

How do you figure they could have started calling him by a different name without ever noticing?
Gigazubyte
BumbleKnight

Postby TheRock1525 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:32 am

Let me see if I understand how Silver is operating.

He has info about the FF origins. It lists Sonic, Antoine, Sally, and Boomer as the original freedom fighters (well, not exactly but you get my point).

At some point, a FF betrays the Freedom Fighters and brings about the cataclysm. Keep in mind, that's what this is all about: Silver is trying to find the one who betrays the FF and destroys the world. First time, he thought it was Sonic. Now, information seems to point towards Rotor.

Now, he went after Sonic first because he was the most powerful Freedom Fighter, and believes he is the only one capable of doing whatever led to the events that destroyed his world. The logic is obviously flawed but not completely unfounded. Sonic is the most powerful Freedom Fighter and if he did betray the team, he'd more than likely succeed (could anyone really stop him). Hence why it "made sense" as he put it. Obviously, having not met Sonic he didn't factor in, as Rob said, his unmatched heroism.

Now, for the Rotor/Boomer thing. This is a bit tricky, but what I suspect is that the discrepancy between two isn't as big of an issue, but rather that a walrus named Rotor destroyed the world. It's only through the discovery of the old journal that he found that there was a walrus named Boomer on the FF team. Thus he put two and two together.

A) A FF betrays the group and destroys the world.
B) A Walrus named Rotor destroys the world.
C) A Walrus named Boomer was a FF.

So, by combining logic, Rotor is a FF who replaced Boomer, betrays the FF, and destroys the world. Even if Rotor reveals he IS Boomer, I don't think Silver will change his mind mainly because whether or not Boomer is Rotor isn't as important. It doesn't change the fact that he will destroy the world.

Of course, this is all speculation but I'm hoping it's OK here because I'm sure Silver's logic will be revealed in the next issue. But this seems to make the most sense to me.
TheRock1525
BumbleKnight

Postby Milox » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:45 am

Or there is the whole Evil Rotor being called Boomer thing...I dunno im sure we will have answers in a months time.

And I am finding the hilarious on a meta level. Hes gettin all this screwed up because of a poorly covered name retcon! Har Har!
Milox
BumbleClan

Postby hog of the future » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:27 pm

By our current understanding of history, if you go back far enough there will be some debate as to the specific identities of certain people, including if they were one person or two.
hog of the future
BumbleKnight

Location: "The greatest city in the greatest country in the world" -Bill Smith

Postby Lobotomy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:55 pm

Lobotomy
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:03 pm

The Rock, I don't think Silver said a walrus named Rotor destroyed the world did he?
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Axel T Rat » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Wow, Silver has some really crummy reasoning if there's no files on Rotor save for the ones with his nickname. As for the Arctic FF, I love that their back and liking the slight redesigns with him, such as a muscled up Augustus and Sealia looking more feminine. Also like how they fill in the gaps such as with Rotor's opinion towards guns, what happened to Larry Lynx, and why Eggman just won't leave the herd alone. Awesome to see Rotor back in action too. The Iron Man look seems cheesy, but seems to be the only way to get him on the field again.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby Paul Kaminski » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:27 pm

:D yes he did!
Paul Kaminski
Sonic Editor and Grand Pubah

Postby Nel » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Currently reading through it (not finished), but I got to say, Ian, that was an ingenious way to explain Rotor's weapon ban in TGBU. I guess one of the good things about Sonic's year in space is that you can use that time to explain a lot of stuff that happens while he was gone.
Nel
BumbleKnight

Postby PerfectBiollante » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Paul Kaminski wrote:

A children's comic referencing a mature show? Heaven forbid! THERE MUST BE MORE!
PerfectBiollante
BumbleFan

Postby KChan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:39 pm

The only thing I have to say about this issues is AWESOME!!!

And look in the sky it's a bird it's a plane, it's SLIVER!!
KChan
BumbleKnight

Location: Somewhere in New Mobotropolis, but I'm not telling where, it's secret!

Postby Illustrious Q » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:56 pm

PerfectBiollante wrote:
Paul Kaminski wrote:

A children's comic referencing a mature show? Heaven forbid! THERE MUST BE MORE!

I wouldn't exactly call South Park mature... Though if you want more references to other shows that are more tailored to the tastes of adults, just look back to nearly every issue prior to StH-160. There's a boat load of Star Trek and Star Wars references in the book, a prominent one is in StH-100, namely the back story where 1) The Dark Legion Air Ship is based on the design of a Klingon Bird of Prey and 2) The command center of that ship is the Bridge of the USS Enterprise, NCC-1701 (refit).
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby kryptyk » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:19 pm

I finallly just got my issue today. Did anyone else notice that Erma's diagram had the grandmaster's name on it?
kryptyk
BumbleNoble

Postby Sockie » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:22 pm

kryptyk wrote:I finallly just got my issue today. Did anyone else notice that Erma's diagram had the grandmaster's name on it?

Huh... just noticed that. It looks like his name is... Akhlut? Or Akhilut?

EDIT: Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Akhlut. Google the name, and you'll know why. Hope Akhlut proves to be an awesome character!
Last edited by Sockie on Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby theJcfreak » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:28 pm

G-Mel wrote:
kryptyk wrote:I finallly just got my issue today. Did anyone else notice that Erma's diagram had the grandmaster's name on it?

Huh... just noticed that. It looks like his name is... Akhlut? Or Akhilut?

It's Akhlut probably, since that's the Inuit word for a spirit that takes the form of... you guessed it, an Orca.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius