Sonic Universe #16 Preview/Spoilers/Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri May 21, 2010 2:09 pm

It's Liza. Arguments to the contrary are trying way too hard to not have fun.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Meliden » Fri May 21, 2010 2:11 pm

So, that chameleon next to her is Espio then? @o@

Joking...but seriously, that other chameleon looks too much like him for comfort.

And, just for the road, is Liza wearing a jacket or are they oversized shoulder pad things?
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Kureejii Lea » Fri May 21, 2010 2:17 pm

Looks like some kind of shoulder pad to me.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Illustrious Q » Fri May 21, 2010 2:23 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:It's Liza. Arguments to the contrary are trying way too hard to not have fun.

Thank you Ian.

Kureejii Lea wrote:Looks like some kind of shoulder pad to me.

That's what it looks like to me as well Lea.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Blink » Fri May 21, 2010 2:51 pm

Well I must say that's a relief, it's great to have some clarification. I'd love to see her make a return one day, if only to explain how she became Shinobi and if Espio had anything to do with it. He may not even know she survived.
Blink
BumbleFan

Postby surface addax » Fri May 21, 2010 3:00 pm

Slane wrote:This came up in an earlier post, either in this thread or another, but I'm a little confused how Espio was able to monitor Knuckles when earlier stories suggested that the latter could sense the former's presence. For example, in "The Hunt Is On" from Knuckles' Chaotix, the chameleon's invisibility did nothing to prevent Knuckles from seeing him.

I remembered somebody answering fan mail in one of the old Knuckles the Echidna issues. I think it mentioned something about Knuckles senses from the ME or something weird like that. It sounds like it's less of being able to see chameleons and more of just being capable of finding them if he reads the signs right.

Meliden wrote:So, that chameleon next to her is Espio then? @o@

Joking...but seriously, that other chameleon looks too much like him for comfort.

Obviously, we have found the baby daddy. :(hearty laughter):
surface addax
BumbleFan

Postby Milox » Fri May 21, 2010 3:45 pm

surface addax wrote:
Obviously, we have found the baby daddy. :(hearty laughter):

Preposterous, he doesn't have the telltale white beard of being a Chaotix father.
(Locke had it, Stin'zorga (King of Bees) had it, and Mighty's dad had it)

Of course there is another thing All three of them currently appear have in common...one which, if held true, guarantees that that one wasnt him.
I'll leave you to piece that one together though.

painfully obvious fan idea, ouch it hurts me so wrote:A brother on the other hand...leave it to Espio not to mention that.
Milox
BumbleClan

Postby Meliden » Fri May 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Miloxmio wrote:Preposterous, he doesn't have the telltale white beard of being a Chaotix father.
(Locke had it, Stin'zorga (King of Bees) had it, and Mighty's dad had it

Did Vector have it in M:25YL, actually? I know Espio did, but I remember Vector not having one.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Milox » Fri May 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Meliden wrote:
Miloxmio wrote:Preposterous, he doesn't have the telltale white beard of being a Chaotix father.

Did Vector have it in M:25YL, actually? I know Espio did, but I remember Vector not having one.

I want to say no, but I'm not certain. That and I dont have all of the original M25YL. But I'm referring to the parents of the core, present time chaotix. Vectors surrogate father has yet to be seen, which is to say nothing about his real father. But on the grounds of that, there is nothing proving the negative, therefore...
Milox
BumbleClan

Postby theJcfreak » Fri May 21, 2010 4:42 pm

Meliden wrote:

Well we all know what that means.

Australians can't grow beards. XD
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby GameBuddy » Fri May 21, 2010 5:39 pm

Has anyone screen-capped Monkey Kahn's "FFFFFFFFF--" face when he's yelling at the bride yet? If not, I'm scannin' it myself.
GameBuddy
BumbleCult

Re: Espio's camouflage and Knuckles's senses

Postby Amir » Fri May 21, 2010 6:31 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:Knuckles being good at spotting chameleons was mentioned at the very end of last issue. I think it would mean that he's better at it than most people and knows what to look for rather than having some kind of magical body-sensing or something - not perfect.

He probably knows how to recignize the distortion created by invisiblity
Amir
BumbleKnight

Postby Illustrious Q » Fri May 21, 2010 6:38 pm

MarcusAmirKrim wrote:
Kureejii Lea wrote:Knuckles being good at spotting chameleons was mentioned at the very end of last issue. I think it would mean that he's better at it than most people and knows what to look for rather than having some kind of magical body-sensing or something - not perfect.

He probably knows how to recignize the distortion created by invisiblity

That makes sense, not even a Klingon ship that is cloak disappears completely. There is a slight distortion as it moves.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Para » Fri May 21, 2010 9:38 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:
Slane wrote:This came up in an earlier post, either in this thread or another, but I'm a little confused how Espio was able to monitor Knuckles when earlier stories suggested that the latter could sense the former's presence. For example, in "The Hunt Is On" from Knuckles' Chaotix, the chameleon's invisibility did nothing to prevent Knuckles from seeing him.

Knuckles being good at spotting chameleons was mentioned at the very end of last issue. I think it would mean that he's better at it than most people and knows what to look for rather than having some kind of magical body-sensing or something - not perfect.

I think Knuckles actually said that once, "You just have to know what to look for". I always assumed that meant something about shadows or maybe that weird Predator "warped image" invisibility effect, myself. :D
Para
BumbleNoble

Postby GameBuddy » Fri May 21, 2010 11:48 pm

Where do you come up with these, Tracy?
GameBuddy
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius