Ask Tracy!...some more stuff

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Ask Tracy!...some more stuff

Postby Tracy Yardley! » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:22 pm

Hey, I figured since Ian's had about 8 or 9 Q and A threads, it was time I started a new one too. So nyeh!

Tracy!
Tracy Yardley!

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:24 pm

Okay. I'll go ahead and close your old thread then. For the sake of convenience and making room, I've unstickied the old topic, which can be found here:

http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60

Not really a big deal, I would'nt think. But just there in case someone wants to see what's already been asked.

Postby jazzyjin » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:09 am

Hey Tracy,

What other comic books do you enjoy?

I saw in the Sonic and the Secret Rings comic you did Sonic has all his six spikes. Was it hard for you from going from only showing three to then drawing all six in?
jazzyjin
BumbleFan

Postby Tracy Yardley! » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:52 pm

Unfortunately, I have neither the time nor the money to read a lot of comics. Though, I do enjoy glancing thru them when I get the chance. I like the current non anime art in Teen Titans Go!, but I can't remember the guy's name right now. I really like the Cerebus series, and hope to finish it someday. Jeff Smith's Bone is great. I have every Calvin and Hobbes collection.... I like a lot of things, but really don't read anything consistently.

It wasn't TOO hard. I'd been wanting to make the transition from 3 spikes to 6 for a while, and the Secret Rings comic gave me a good reason to go ahead. I did Sonic with 6 spikes in issues 178 and 179, and in the Free Comic book Day issue, and I think it allows for a lot more dynamic stuff to happen with his spikes.

Tracy!
Tracy Yardley!

Postby Rugdog » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:37 pm

Who's your favorite character to draw in the Sonic book?

And
If you could draw for another company's title, like any title ya want, what would it be?
Rugdog
BumbleKnight

Postby apprentice manta » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:08 am

Yardley! sir which is the hardest body-type for you to draw- a big muscular man, a thin man, or a fat man? (I have alwys found muscles very tough. If you have some books you like or other suggestions on how to improve doing the superhero type build, I'd apreciate it muchly.)
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby BlueFantasy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:11 pm

Tracy, in 172, what happened to Bean's ducky-legs? He's all green. Not even feathers at the top like his first appearance.
BlueFantasy
BumbleKnight

Postby nma1985 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:05 pm

I have alwys found muscles very tough. If you have some books you like or other suggestions on how to improve doing the superhero type build, I'd apreciate it muchly.

I´m not Tracy! but if trying to draw superhero-ish anatomy I´d recommend you to take a look on this one Superheroes: Joe Kubert's Wonderful World of Comics

...and now Hi Tracy! I have a question for you!
Do Sega or the editors give you -and the other artists- any guidelines as how to draw the characters(i.e. 4-heads-tall characters and that kind of stuff) or are you style-free as long as they give approval to the art you give them at the end?
(I mean apart from what Ian calls for, obviously XD)

__N.M.Á.
nma1985
BumbleFan

Postby Ste~C » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:38 pm

BlueFantasy wrote:Tracy, in 172, what happened to Bean's ducky-legs? He's all green. Not even feathers at the top like his first appearance.

:o I'm not Tracey! either: The colour guy's got it wrong! <( I'm sure he/she doesn't always goof up though as the colours do look nice in all the recent issues.
Ste~C
BumbleKnight

Postby EHH123 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:37 pm

I have seen scans of 173. I love what you have done to Sally's hair! :D Why did give her that kind of style anyway? (I remember you saying in a earlier post that you were going to do something to her hair.)
EHH123
BumbleKnight

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:32 pm

Are you really from Savannah, Georgia? If so, that's cool. I'm from Dalton, Georgia. Nice to see someone from Georgia make something of themselves. :(hearty laughter):
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby Tracy Yardley! » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:55 pm

Thanks for the questions, guys. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Super-busy as always.

Tracy!
Tracy Yardley!

Postby apprentice manta » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:05 pm

No hurries Yardley! sir. And thank you nma1985 for the suggestion. Was able to find a copy on Amazon and place order. :)
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby JaxBombin' » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:20 pm

Wsup again man, what's a good type of paper/board to sell as a commission?
JaxBombin'
BumbleKnight

Postby nma1985 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:22 pm

And thank you nma1985 for the suggestion. Was able to find a copy on Amazon and place order.

You´re welcome(had to google it cuz the title doesn´t translate literally :(hearty laughter): ) Glad you found one, mine was last one at the store here.
And Tracy! I think I speak for eveybody around when I say there´re no probs on you taking longer if it continues to bring us great art(Once we get used to it, you don´t dare taking it away :wink: )

__N.M.Á.
nma1985
BumbleFan

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius