Sonic Universe Issue 7 Preview/Discussion/Spoiler

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:04 pm

Belle and Jacques switch off between terms their parents used, although I tried to give Jacques a little more of Bunnie's "voice," and visa versa for Belle.

Fun Fact: in the very early concept stage, Jacques was going to be named "Remy" and both he and Belle were going to have Cajun accents. The joke would've been two-fold:

1) Southern + French = Creole.
2) "Remy" and "Bell(adonna)" with Cajun accents would be fun nods to Remy LeBeau / Gambit and one of his rivals/villains from X-Men.

Ultimately, the idea was nixed because having a character's foundation be an in-joke about characters from another publisher and title entirely is just . . . well, it's not a good idea. And, really, the Cajun accent, while a fun gag, doesn't hold up to scrutiny over any period of time.

And there you have it.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby theJcfreak » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:43 pm

bsonic10 wrote:To be honest, I don't think we'll be getting a super form at all next issue, despite what some people think.

It would be interesting to see some super forms, especially from the little guys or Silver, but I doubt it will happen. How would they turn super anyway?
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby AltheaTheEchidna » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:47 pm

jcfreak16 wrote:
bsonic10 wrote:To be honest, I don't think we'll be getting a super form at all next issue, despite what some people think.

It would be interesting to see some super forms, especially from the little guys or Silver, but I doubt it will happen. How would they turn super anyway?

Maybe Rutan will turn "super" because he's angry at Shadow- kind like Darkspine sonic- but I didn't play that game, so I may be wrong....

But, oh, yes, Super-forms would be absolutely fantastically brilliant!!!

-That "fun with steak girl", Ally

[color=violet]
AltheaTheEchidna
BumbleCitizen

Postby bsonic10 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:50 pm

AltheaTheEchidna wrote:Maybe Rutan will turn "super" because he's angry at Shadow- kind like Darkspine sonic- but I didn't play that game, so I may be wrong....

Sonic turned into Darkspine Sonic because of the World Rings, not simply because he was angry.
bsonic10
BumbleClan

Postby AltheaTheEchidna » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:52 pm

bsonic10 wrote:
AltheaTheEchidna wrote:Maybe Rutan will turn "super" because he's angry at Shadow- kind like Darkspine sonic- but I didn't play that game, so I may be wrong....

Sonic turned into Darkspine Sonic because of the World Rings, not simply because he was angry.

Oh, thanks for filling me in. But it could happen to Rutan. Not likely. But still. Heh.

-That "Fun with steak" girl, Ally
AltheaTheEchidna
BumbleCitizen

Postby Penguin God » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:09 pm

Nobody turns Super just by being angry. It has never worked that way.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby AltheaTheEchidna » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:17 pm

Penguin God wrote:Nobody turns Super just by being angry. It has never worked that way.

I know, you guys, It was just a thought.
AltheaTheEchidna
BumbleCitizen

Postby Vampfox » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Delete
Last edited by Vampfox on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vampfox
BumbleCult

Postby SonicFan13 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:28 pm

Please, no double-posting. I almost got busted for that once.

Buns Rabbot had NIDS, so I wonder....
SonicFan13
BumbleFan

Postby bsonic10 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:31 pm

Shadowfan wrote:I also thought that it was funny how Argyll said he was geeking out after he heard Sonic say "Let's do it to it".

Do Jacque and Belle have NIDS, is that why they have robot limbs?

I forgot to mention the Argyle geeking out thing, I was highly amused by that as well.

It hasn't been explained yet, but I don't think the reason Jacques and Belle have robotic limbs is because of NIDS.
bsonic10
BumbleClan

Postby Vampfox » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Delete
Last edited by Vampfox on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vampfox
BumbleCult

Postby Eggplant » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:39 pm

Shadowfan wrote:
SonicFan13 wrote:Please, no double-posting. I almost got busted for that once.

Buns Rabbot had NIDS, so I wonder....
I hit the wrong button, but thanks for the warning.

If the kids don't have NIDS, then I wonder why they have robot body parts?

To prevent NIDS, I guess.
Eggplant
BumbleFan

Postby Illustrious Q » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:47 pm

phoenixdaughterAM wrote:
jcfreak16 wrote:EDIT: I forgot Melody's snapping. That was funny. And on the second to last page, Belle's missing a leg in two panels. It's just gone. On one of the panels, it's replaced by a hand and her arm is gone.

And I presumed Sonic was carried by Sonic in that panel but his arm was invisible.

Yeah her leg is missing, but Sonic's hand/arm is not. Upon closer inspection of the panel in question, once I got the issue, I noticed something about the grey pillar above Sonic's head.

I think my recolor makes what happened to Sonic's hand quite clear. (Toby I believe this is your cue.)
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby SonicFan13 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:50 pm

http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1934

Did you hear about the road named after Toby?
SonicFan13
BumbleFan

Postby thedude » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:21 pm

I just got my issue today , it was pretty good but I was a little sceptical about the Tikhaos thing, did Chaos and Tikal combine somepoint after Sonic Adventure and the robotic implants in Antoine and Bunnie's kids I just believe them to be hamidowns since the adults won't really fight as much and I was thinking that Bunnie would get her body back in the future, and can anyone explain how exactly Skye flies, he's just spinning isn't he? Do you pronounce Jacque D' Coolette name just by saying Jack? :?
thedude

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius