Daily Dose of Ian - For Inquisitive Minds!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:40 pm

Dirk Amoeba wrote:So.... you're saying they weren't robians at all, but robotic copies like the Tommy Infiltrator?

Precisely.

Dirk Amoeba wrote:Oh, and will we be seeing the name "Robo-Dyne Systems" again? I never really got what was up with that.

Nope, no more Robo-Dyne.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Orion101 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:47 pm

1. Seeing as how A.D.A.M. is a sentient program does he only exist in Robotnik's main computer systems or can he spread his program outside of Megalopolis if needed?

2. This question isn't based on any future plans for the comic but rather your opinion on two Sega characters. I have liked the friendship between Shadow and Rouge in the games and you expressed interest in them as well. What is your opinion the the friendship between the two anti-heroes?

3. I assume that Anonymous was the one to inform the Destructix that Mogul was in Knothole, but how did he contact them, he certainly couldn't reveal his true identity. Plus I would think they would be suspicous if some unknown person offered them free help freeing the Master.

4. Did Sonic and the Freedom Fighters know Heavy and Bomb were reprogramed against their will, I didn't read the issue myself so I don't know. If so do they consider them fallen allies or traitors.?

5. Does the Prophecy of the Chosen One only exist for Mobious Prime or is it present in all realities? If it is then this would mean Evil Tails is Anti-Mobious' destined saviour which is disturbing.
Orion101
BumbleFan

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:16 pm

Orion101 wrote:5. Does the Prophecy of the Chosen One only exist for Mobious Prime or is it present in all realities? If it is then this would mean Evil Tails is Anti-Mobious' destined saviour which is disturbing.

Nah, Anti Tails will be the one to completly destroy it. =p

Postby General Tekno » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:21 pm

Ian, you originally mentioned that you thought Anon was originally SATAM Robotnik when you first saw him in the comic.

Was there a reason you ruled out bringing him back in some form? Because 'Scourge' and Eggman are evidence that obscure characters (Evil Sonic, Roborobotnik) can sucessfully be rebranded and relaunched - you could have done the same with ol' 'Buttnik.
General Tekno
BumbleKnight

Postby Kamal » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:50 pm

IanPotto wrote:And after the moment of glory I gave him on his way out, I wouldn't cheapen his sacrifice by bringing him back.

(hearty laughter) Tommy! *is shot repeatedly*

Dirk Amoeba wrote:Oh, and will we be seeing the name "Robo-Dyne Systems" again? I never really got what was up with that.

Just another clunky reference to the Terminator franchise. i.e. Cyberdyne Systems

I for one will be happy if such references never see the light of day again.
Kamal
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:15 am

Orion101 wrote:1. Seeing as how A.D.A.M. is a sentient program does he only exist in Robotnik's main computer systems or can he spread his program outside of Megalopolis if needed?

A.D.A.M. has full access to all of Dr. Eggman's resources and the nanites. He'd also be able to take over another system if it wasn't guarded by something stronger.

Orion101 wrote:2. This question isn't based on any future plans for the comic but rather your opinion on two Sega characters. I have liked the friendship between Shadow and Rouge in the games and you expressed interest in them as well. What is your opinion the the friendship between the two anti-heroes?

It's a really curious one, which is part of the fun. It's built off of a mutual respect, I think: Shadow's (initial) low opinion of everyone was exceeded by Rouge, while she was impressed with Shadow's abilities and potential for heroism. While they're both morally questionable - Rouge's greed and Shadow's ruthlessness in particular - they manage to act as a conscience for one another. At the same time, they're of the mentality that (more often than not) the ends justify the means, so sometimes it's a situation where they support each other's vices. They're a potentially fun duo, and I hope to have a chance to play off of that.

Orion101 wrote:3. I assume that Anonymous was the one to inform the Destructix that Mogul was in Knothole, but how did he contact them, he certainly couldn't reveal his true identity. Plus I would think they would be suspicous if some unknown person offered them free help freeing the Master.

Something that couldn't make the final version of TDS was that the Destructix were drawn to the emerald (the original four, at least). Ultimately, though, their purpose in the story didn't require on concrete "why" they were there.

Orion101 wrote:4. Did Sonic and the Freedom Fighters know Heavy and Bomb were reprogramed against their will, I didn't read the issue myself so I don't know. If so do they consider them fallen allies or traitors.?

If I recall correctly, Sonic recognized that they had been rebuilt/redesigned since he last destroyed them. I don't think there's any emotional attachment between any of the FF and the two (now destroyed) bots.

Orion101 wrote: 5. Does the Prophecy of the Chosen One only exist for Mobious Prime or is it present in all realities? If it is then this would mean Evil Tails is Anti-Mobious' destined saviour which is disturbing.

I wouldn't think the Prophecy was on all worlds, but I'm willing to bet there's something similar for E.Tails. Sinisterly similar, I'm sure.

General Tekno wrote:Was there a reason you ruled out bringing him back in some form? Because 'Scourge' and Eggman are evidence that obscure characters (Evil Sonic, Roborobotnik) can sucessfully be rebranded and relaunched - you could have done the same with ol' 'Buttnik.

As it's been discussed before with the previous topics on Classic-Robotnik, his return would be needlessly complicated and confusing to the new readers. It'd also be redundant - he and Eggman are, in my mind, the same character. They have the same motivations, the same ruthlessness, and the same cooky quirks.

Scourge was a different story altogether since we didn't have a truly "evil Sonic" in the series. Robo-Robotnik was Classic-Robotnik's last hurrah, more or less, considering how similar he was to the Classic version, if a touch more sinister.
Last edited by Ian Flynn on Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby General Tekno » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:28 pm

And don't forget with ADAM- he's got eyes EVERYWHERE in Knothole. Remember he used the nanites to infect everything mechanical there - Bunnie's arm, Tommy's shell, even Jules.

I hope that Ian plays this up, and that the nanite infestation is NOT limited to 'viewing only'... as macabre as it sounds it would be an interesting plot twist to have Bunnie require amputation of her limbs - just then you'd have a strong character nullified.
General Tekno
BumbleKnight

Postby Adamis » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:59 pm

Ian, I just thought about questions too:

- In issue #124, we see the Moon broken by the events form SA2. And later, it's "repared".. It may sound stupid, but will it be explained? :p

-Any plans about Super Sonic/Super Shadow/Super Scourge? (the super hedgehogs against Super Croctobot? xD)
Adamis
BumbleNoble

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:18 am

I'm guessing that was just an artist mistake.

But, remember, only one half of the moon was broken, so maybe they drew the opposite side that was whole.

Okay, questions.

When will we find the results of King Max's world tour?

Are King Elias' wife and daughter already living with him in the castle, or are they going to be "moving in" sometime in the future?

Can you give us a more specific date for when GBU gets followed up on? Issue numbers, perhaps?

Thanks, again!
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby sonicxfactor » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:06 pm

Ian quick question since we all know of A.D.A.M’s plot to kill Sonic and Robotnik will Dr Finitevus and maybe even Isaac from GBU get involved to try and stop A.D.A.M or will A.D.A.M use them without their knowledge in his plan as well?
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby Kureejii Lea » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:32 pm

sonicxfactor wrote:Ian quick question since we all know of A.D.A.M’s plot to kill Sonic and Robotnik will Dr Finitevus and maybe even Isaac from GBU get involved to try and stop A.D.A.M or will A.D.A.M use them without their knowledge in his plan as well?

That seems a little... specific. How do you expect an answer that wouldn't be giving away entire plots?
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby sonicxfactor » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:13 am

Kureejii Lea wrote:
sonicxfactor wrote:Ian quick question since we all know of A.D.A.M’s plot to kill Sonic and Robotnik will Dr Finitevus and maybe even Isaac from GBU get involved to try and stop A.D.A.M or will A.D.A.M use them without their knowledge in his plan as well?

That seems a little... specific. How do you expect an answer that wouldn't be giving away entire plots?

Sorry I dident think the qustion was that specific, sorry you dont have to answer that. I'll try and be more careful in future.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:46 pm

Adamis wrote:- In issue #124, we see the Moon broken by the events form SA2. And later, it's "repared".. It may sound stupid, but will it be explained? :p

No plans on addressing that since it's kind of a sticky situation. The comic couldn't have followed the SA2(B) continuity closely at all, so addressing the moon means dredging that back up again AND coming up with a fix. If Sega answers why we have a fully fixed moon in Sonic Riders, I'll consider answering it in the book ;)

Adamis wrote:-Any plans about Super Sonic/Super Shadow/Super Scourge? (the super hedgehogs against Super Croctobot? xD)

Yes, Yes, No (No! XD)

EthanEmerald wrote:When will we find the results of King Max's world tour?

In a way, yes.

EthanEmerald wrote:Are King Elias' wife and daughter already living with him in the castle, or are they going to be "moving in" sometime in the future?

Yup, they're in the castle proper now. I haven't had a chance to show them yet, but I really-really-really want to.

EthanEmerald wrote:Can you give us a more specific date for when GBU gets followed up on? Issue numbers, perhaps?

No, because they comes to close to spoiling it. The time-table of events is just as spoiler-worthy as the events themselves. I'll point out when if it seems to slip under the collective radar/confirm it when they're dealt with this year.

sonicxfactor wrote:since we all know of A.D.A.M’s plot to kill Sonic and Robotnik will Dr Finitevus and maybe even Isaac from GBU get involved to try and stop A.D.A.M or will A.D.A.M use them without their knowledge in his plan as well?

Way, way too detailed a question. No comment. But you get away with it because the sig amuses me no end.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Sonic922 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:43 pm

IanPotto wrote:
Adamis wrote:- In issue #124, we see the Moon broken by the events form SA2. And later, it's "repared".. It may sound stupid, but will it be explained? :p

No plans on addressing that since it's kind of a sticky situation. The comic couldn't have followed the SA2(B) continuity closely at all, so addressing the moon means dredging that back up again AND coming up with a fix. If Sega answers why we have a fully fixed moon in Sonic Riders, I'll consider answering it in the book ;)

I always figured something simlar happened to what happened in Sonic X,

Speaking of which, do we ever find out what happened to Mobius' other 99 moons from SOnic #13?
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby Dirk Amoeba » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:02 am

IanPotto wrote:No plans on addressing that since it's kind of a sticky situation. The comic couldn't have followed the SA2(B) continuity closely at all, so addressing the moon means dredging that back up again AND coming up with a fix. If Sega answers why we have a fully fixed moon in Sonic Riders, I'll consider answering it in the book ;)

I think it's best to just consider it one of the many homages to DragonBall/Z that can be found in Sonic.
Dirk Amoeba
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius