Daily Dose of Ian - For Inquisitive Minds!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Faded-Myth » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:34 am

I must confess strong sadness with the Son/Sal breakup answer. -_- *sigh* Oh well. We tried.
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:54 am

IanPotto wrote:Since you just revealed the plot to Sth#175-300? Yes. You get The Box forever.

WooHoo! This is the best day in the history of forever! =D

Postby Faded-Myth » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:57 am

I get the top bunk.
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:29 am

Faded-Myth wrote:I must confess strong sadness with the Son/Sal breakup answer. -_- *sigh* Oh well. We tried.

Why? I didn't say they weren't getting back together. I didn't say they were. I said I liked the break-up and it's not a sure deal one way or the other.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Faded-Myth » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:42 am

That's a point. Sorry, I was feeling kind of down at the time I read that so I read too much into.

To be honest, I think the break up has been a good thing... It's given Sonic time to clear his head, so to speak, and figure out what he wants (which, at the moment, seems to be Fiona). Same goes for Sally, for that matter.

Sorry for doubting you. I will promptly make my way over to the box with shame.
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:00 am

-Pats FM- It's okay, bud. We'll keep trying!

The way I see it: At the end of the day, after Sonic has had a taste of Fiona*, he will realize Sally is --and always was-- his "true love". ^^

Anyway, question.

I'm curious if you're writing for the long-term, or if you're just "writing as you go." So, although you're currently writing #176, have you planned out issues much further ahead, say... up to #200?

Thank you!

Footnote (*) - Not literally speaking!
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby Faded-Myth » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:34 am

I'm not going to make any assumptions on Sonic and Sally. I wouldnt be surprised if Mr P. would rather Sonic be single. So I'm going to just holdmy breath.

I think Ians covered that question a few times... He's definately writing for the long term, and I'm pretty certain he's got a lot planned for a number of issues to come, at LEAST until early next year...
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:37 am

Faded-Myth is correct! He gets to come out of The Box now :D
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Faded-Myth » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:44 am

But I was just beginning to like it in there! *Clings to the door*

I think we need to start upping the ante on our questions and so on... We're repeating ouselves a lot, and that's not really all that fun (or challenging) for Ian =P
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby Kamal » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:36 pm

Here's a good one, then. In several of your interviews, you state that you were working "behind the scenes" for several months before being tapped for authorship duties. Are you allowed to expound on what said duties entailed?
Kamal
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:39 pm

Nothing really exciting to tell, really. Data collection, organization and going over scripts to learn how it's done.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:08 pm

I know; Ian's stated he has long-term goals. But in my question I was aiming for him to elaborate exactly how far ahead he plans. (Specifically, #200?)
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby sonicforever » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:17 am

Have you seen Pirates of the Carribean 2 yet and are you excited about the next one?

Any chance we could see Sonic showing off more and just being more arrogant in a way? Maybe that didn't come out right but anyway my point is I want to see him be his old confident, sarcastic self.
sonicforever
BumbleFan

Postby sonicxfactor » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:06 pm

sonicforever wrote:
Any chance we could see Sonic showing off more and just being more arrogant in a way? Maybe that didn't come out right but anyway my point is I want to see him be his old confident, sarcastic self.

I agree that’s why I like Sonic. He does what he feels and doesn’t care what other people think of him; he’s an attention seeker.

But at the same time he needs to calm down from his arrogant ways every now and again. That’s why I loved Satam so much; it showed Sonic has a heart and feelings like everybody else while keeping the much-loved arrogance and excitement from the games we all loved.

That’s how I feel about the comic; it can show people Sonic has a sensitive side as well as his exciting side from the games.

I hope Ian you can be given the chance to explore different sides of Sonics personality other then the cocky load mouth speed freak we all know and love.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:30 pm

EthanEmerald wrote:I know; Ian's stated he has long-term goals. But in my question I was aiming for him to elaborate exactly how far ahead he plans. (Specifically, #200?)

No, there are no plans for StH#200 yet. I've got story arc ideas, sure, but nothing solid. I'm currently putting the finishing touches on StH#176 and have rough outlines for events that'll take place somewhere around the #180s.

Nothing is concrete, though, until you hold it in your hands. I just recently had to revise the back-up to StH#170 - which was "completed" a long while ago. No, can't get into why ;) But while I've got big plans and at pretty solid concept "locked" up through #175, anything can happen to change those plans.

sonicforever wrote:Have you seen Pirates of the Carribean 2 yet and are you excited about the next one?

I'll be brief so-as to avoid spoilers: YES! and YES!!!

sonicforever wrote:Any chance we could see Sonic showing off more and just being more arrogant in a way? Maybe that didn't come out right but anyway my point is I want to see him be his old confident, sarcastic self.

"Birthday Bash!" is a pretty good indication of him in his element under me. There will be stuff that occurs that will shake him out of that bravado, however.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius