Daily Dose of Ian - For Inquisitive Minds!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby sonicxfactor » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:56 pm

Ian just a quick few questions.

In issue 146 Locke captured Shadow and said to him he was the key to finding his missing family. Will we be seeing more of Locke going after Shadow again?

I remember the J Axer pencilled front pieces from the old issues; I know Axer left the comic but is their any chance we will see the front pieces return? Maybe Tracy could do them but only if you have room for them in the comic?

What happened to the echidnas in the egg grapes that got sent to the Void? Are they dead, alive, will they come back?

And this has been going on for a long time but when are we going to see Sonic and Sally slowly talk things though with each other? Its been two years since the slap and I think its time they made up with each other. PLEASE tell me we won’t be waiting long for this to happen.

Oh and I got issue 164 in the post today, nice work keep it up.
User avatar
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: London England

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:21 pm

Just to clear this up: The Locke/Shadow/Hope story was in Sonic #145. ^^
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:23 pm
Location: Emerald Comics

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:38 pm

sonicforever wrote:With all the stuff you have to do for the comic and what not, do you even have time for gaming anymore?


Sometimes the days fall just right that I can devote an hour or two to something. Right now I'm just getting into Hitman: Blood Money. It's alot rougher than anything else I've played, but the promise of many optional paths per mission will be worth it. I hope.

sonicforever wrote:What all comics do you have in your collection besides the Sonic stuff and what is the rarest comci you have?


Sweet chiba on a stick.....I've got more than I know what to do with. Outside of the collection I amassed over the last four years (when I started seriously collecting) I've got, I dunno, three hundred or so stashed away. Various Marvel and DC books, and I'm not even counting my graphic novels. I dunno what my rarest one is, though. I guess since the back issues are so hard to come by, StH#0 is my rarest.

EthanEmerald wrote:Who's currently apart of the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog team?


That what those credits are for at the beginning of each issue =P

In terms of writing, I'm it. Mike Gallagher has a couple that'll be back-ups, and Romy Chacon has one last story that I'm aware of - another back-up. I contributed a little to the Romy story and one of Mike's.

Pencils are primarily Tracy now, but I'm unsure as to who all is on back-up pencils for all the stories. Tania del Rio, J. Axer, Steve Butler and a new-comer-whose-name-escapes-me-and-I'm-ashamed-of-that all have work coming out eventually. I'm unsure if Art Mawhinney or Ron Lim have anything in the works.

Jim Amash is the head inker. If anyone else is helping out, I'm sorry to say it escapes me at the moment. I know Ken Penders inked one, just not which one.

James Jensen is lead colorist, as far as I know. John Workman is the letterer.

I've only worked closely with Tracy and some with Jim Fry, so I'm sorry to those I may have missed.

Buster-Blader wrote:
IanPotto wrote:Don't worry guys, I'll make the comic better.

Told ya so. Now you owe me a dollar! :razz:


Well snap. Do you have the link for that?

Again, that was uncalled for on my part.

sonicxfactor wrote:In issue 146 Locke captured Shadow and said to him he was the key to finding his missing family. Will we be seeing more of Locke going after Shadow again?


Locke probably thought so since Shadow can Chaos Control and the Guardians were all somewhat connected through the Chaos Force. Locke is moving in a different direction now, and Shadow is busy working with Dr. Eggman - so, no, no more Locke/Shadow for the foreseeable future.

sonicxfactor wrote:I remember the J Axer pencilled front pieces from the old issues; I know Axer left the comic but is their any chance we will see the front pieces return? Maybe Tracy could do them but only if you have room for them in the comic?


I don't think we'll see Axer's front piece, or any front pieces anymore. I'm fitting all I can into the comic as is.

sonicxfactor wrote:What happened to the echidnas in the egg grapes that got sent to the Void? Are they dead, alive, will they come back?


StH#162, page 13, panel 1.

sonicxfactor wrote:And this has been going on for a long time but when are we going to see Sonic and Sally slowly talk things though with each other? Its been two years since the slap and I think its time they made up with each other. PLEASE tell me we won’t be waiting long for this to happen.


There are some things that can't be fixed with an apology; some transgressions that "talking it out" only makes worse. Been there, done that. Sometimes friends have to re-learn their friendship and move on. That, and I'm in no hurry to reunite the two. Been there, done that.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing
 
Posts: 5837
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 pm

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:47 pm

Aw, but I know you've got Son/Sal in your heart. Riiight? :D
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:23 pm
Location: Emerald Comics

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:58 am

I'm not so sure what a difference it would make anyway. History repeats itself, and this is especially true with Sonic and Sally.

If they end up getting togather again, it'll be lovey dovey "kissy kissy-goo goo" time, sooner or later they'll get into a fight, and stop talking to each other (most likely due to a huge misunderstanding). After a couple of 10 issues, they'll get back togather for the 25th issue landmark.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Now Ian, I have a question. Now that I said all that, do I get to go into the box now? =D
Guest
 

Postby JoJo B. » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:29 am

I agree with you W.W., and considering you're taking the comics into more of a SegaSonic direction Ian, I'd enjoy seeing a Sonic that is much more faithful to the games. A Sonic that has no time for a love interest due to too much world saving. Heck, I can't even picture him staying with Fiona for so long, but this is only wishful thinking and perhaps you've already considered this. Who knows? I'm not writing the comic.

By the way, something that's been bugging me lately is Sonic's portrayal in flashbacks from recent issues. I'll use the first page to #162 as an example: Sonic is portrayed with green eyes in his past duels with Robotnik Prime, Naugus and Mogul, which I'm guessing are all before Sonic's transformation in #71, yet he seems to have still retained his classic look. Although Sally explains that the green eyes are a new addition to Sonic by the end of #71, he has been seen with green eyes in several flashbacks after #71. Have Sonic's eyes always been green? If so, does this mean he had his classic look with green eyes until #71? Or have his eyes always been black/grey/brown in the past? I guess the same question goes for the rest of the main cast as well, such as Tails appearing with blue eyes several issues after #71. Had the eyes of the main cast always been the color of their current designs?
Last edited by JoJo B. on Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoJo B.
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:59 pm

Postby nuckles87 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:01 am

StH#162, page 13, panel 1.


I went back to read it. ADAM saying "Biofield deletion complete" caught my eye. But then Robotnik said that the next thing was going to be torture.

So I suppose that means they are still alive?
nuckles87
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:21 pm

Postby JoJo B. » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:33 am

nuckles87 wrote:
StH#162, page 13, panel 1.


I went back to read it. ADAM saying "Biofield deletion complete" caught my eye. But then Robotnik said that the next thing was going to be torture.

So I suppose that means they are still alive?


From what I could gather it seems they've all been lost to the Zone of Silence and will eventually die there considering they have no source of sustenance. Ian already mentioned that one Echidna will survive, and my guess is that it's Remmington, considering he was the most important character out of all the prisoners. We'll just have to wait and see.
JoJo B.
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:59 pm

Re: RE

Postby Faded-Myth » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:04 am

I'm more interested in tracking down this comment.

IanFlynn, Dec 13 2007 wrote:I have cooties and am made of wet paint.


History doesn't always repeat itself Toby. I myself have been in situations where I HAVE talked with a friend whom I've known since childhood but broke connections with. Even after so many years, it's not impossible for people who go back so far to reconcile. Ian's right when he says that sometimes talking makes it worse, I've been there with my last propper relationship. But after a major blowout, and a year two of figuring things out, we talked abuot it like rational adults and became best friends again. It's not unheard of in this world for romance, or at least old friendships, to work out for the better.

And if Ian writes it well, romance doesn't HAVE to be mushy or lovey. In many stories, main characters have romantic ties, but you dont SEE it very often. Talking about love cheapens it, and exploring it every issue can be somewhat invasive of your characters. Soniccould love someone, (sally, as an example), and not be kissing her every 5 minutes. I mean, christ, look at Sonic and Fiona right now. It's nothing overboard right now. The occasional hand hold and nice word and that's about it. It's short, honest, and doesn't break up the narrative. There isn't just one form of romance you know. In fact, I prefer the roomy, not so prominant romances myself.

To be honest with you, I'll be happy if Sonic and Sally at least never forget what they've been to each other in the past. Even if romance isn't in the cards, I want to see that Sonic remembers 11 years of fighting by Sally's side. I want to see that he remembers that the first thing he did was to stick by her and form the Freedom Fighters, and that they were once best friends. 11 years of being a part of a very small family in the woods isn't something you just forget... I don't want it to be a case of Sonic getting so wound up in his new future that he just forgets everything he's been through, and leaves Sally in the dust. My heart can only be broken so many times = /

"I'm in no hurry to reunite the two."

*Sighs heavily.* -_-
User avatar
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:02 am
Location: Chopping down trees in Geen Hill zone

Postby Sonic922 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:28 am

IanPotto wrote:For future reference - for everyone - don't do that. It makes updating the Table of Contents a pain in the butt and it really makes no sense. If you've got a spoiler-heavy question to ask, wait it out until everyone has caught up.


Sorry Ian, :oops: :oops:

JoJo B. wrote:
nuckles87 wrote:
StH#162, page 13, panel 1.


I went back to read it. ADAM saying "Biofield deletion complete" caught my eye. But then Robotnik said that the next thing was going to be torture.

So I suppose that means they are still alive?


From what I could gather it seems they've all been lost to the Zone of Silence and will eventually die there considering they have no source of sustenance. Ian already mentioned that one Echidna will survive, and my guess is that it's Remmington, considering he was the most important character out of all the prisoners. We'll just have to wait and see.


I thought the one echidna to survive was already said as Dr. Finetvus.
User avatar
Sonic922
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:52 am

Re: RE

Postby sonicxfactor » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:30 pm

Ian said

"I'm in no hurry to reunite the two."

You lie like my carpet, your just saying that so you dont ruin the surprise :D
User avatar
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: London England

Postby Shorty » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:47 pm

I have two questions.

1) The "See Ya Later Chao" story.. around what issue should we expect to see it, exactly? Or has the story been dropped altogether?

2) Which characters would you consider to be in Mina's more closer web of friends besides Sonic and Ash at this point? Possibly Amy? Anyone else?
Shorty
KER-BANNED!
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:40 pm

Postby JoJo B. » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:46 pm

Sonic922 wrote:
IanPotto wrote:For future reference - for everyone - don't do that. It makes updating the Table of Contents a pain in the butt and it really makes no sense. If you've got a spoiler-heavy question to ask, wait it out until everyone has caught up.


Sorry Ian, :oops: :oops:

JoJo B. wrote:
nuckles87 wrote:
StH#162, page 13, panel 1.


I went back to read it. ADAM saying "Biofield deletion complete" caught my eye. But then Robotnik said that the next thing was going to be torture.

So I suppose that means they are still alive?


From what I could gather it seems they've all been lost to the Zone of Silence and will eventually die there considering they have no source of sustenance. Ian already mentioned that one Echidna will survive, and my guess is that it's Remmington, considering he was the most important character out of all the prisoners. We'll just have to wait and see.


I thought the one echidna to survive was already said as Dr. Finetvus.


He wasn't imprisoned in the Egg Grapes and sent to the Zone of Silence. Finitevus survived the battle with Hunter.
JoJo B.
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:59 pm

Postby Kamal » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:33 pm

Still, all those prisoners were pretty much every chara Ken Penders created for the archiesonicverse.

In broad strokes, what can you tell us about the direction in which you're taking this comic? In short, what is your philosophy about Sonic the Hedgehog? If I may be so bold.
Kamal
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:11 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:27 am

Okay folks - new rule!

The Q&A sessions are getting a bit daunting. I like answering the questions, but answering them all can take a few hours to answer. To be fair to everyone, from now on, limit your question posts to five questions. And posting three times in a row with five questions each time won't fly =P If you post more than five, that's fine 'n' dandy, but I'll only be answering the first five.

H'okay? H'okay. Let's answer some questions....

EthanEmerald wrote:Aw, but I know you've got Son/Sal in your heart. Riiight?


No. I actually like the break-up.

W.W. wrote:Now Ian, I have a question. Now that I said all that, do I get to go into the box now? =D


Since you just revealed the plot to Sth#175-300? Yes. You get The Box forever.

JoJo B. wrote:By the way, something that's been bugging me lately is Sonic's portrayal in flashbacks from recent issues.


All minor art errors.

nuckles87 wrote:So I suppose that means they are still alive?


No, they're dead. Empty shells now floating around in Egg Grapes in the Zone of Silence.

Sonic922 wrote:I thought the one echidna to survive was already said as Dr. Finetvus.


Nope - Dr. Finitevus was never shown in the Egg Grapes.

Shorty wrote:1) The "See Ya Later Chao" story.. around what issue should we expect to see it, exactly? Or has the story been dropped altogether?


It's in inventory right now, possibly on stand-by for something I can't talk about =P

Shorty wrote:2) Which characters would you consider to be in Mina's more closer web of friends besides Sonic and Ash at this point? Possibly Amy? Anyone else?


That's an excellent question, given she hasn't been shown with anyone else. I think she's come to terms with Sally, and thus Bunnie in turn. If she has any other close friends, they're nameless off-page characters.

Kamal wrote:In broad strokes, what can you tell us about the direction in which you're taking this comic? In short, what is your philosophy about Sonic the Hedgehog? If I may be so bold.


In broad strokes? I'll be tightening the continuity, adding more SegaSonic elements while maintaining the ArchieSonic world/characters and - ultimately - doing my own thing with the book. It will be a long process, but you will all be able to look back one day and say "Ah-ha! So that's what he was doing all along."
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing
 
Posts: 5837
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 pm

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest