Daily Dose of Ian - For Inquisitive Minds!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Faded-Myth » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:50 am

Toby's a princess. A sit at home and polish his fingernails and oil the cat princess.
User avatar
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:02 am
Location: Chopping down trees in Geen Hill zone

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:52 am

Oil the cat..?

I gots a question Ian. In 165, it showed that there were lots of occupants in the grape eggs, but I thought all of his dead captives were lost to the Zone of Silence. Did I think wrong, and only the majority were lost, or did you collect more?
Guest
 

Postby Faded-Myth » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:02 am

The way i saw it, their souls were lost to the zone of silence, or their collective minds anyway, and their bodies were now just empty husks, void of souls. *shudder*
User avatar
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:02 am
Location: Chopping down trees in Geen Hill zone

Postby nuckles87 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:18 am

Faded-Myth wrote:I'm willing to settle for the idea that since Elias is now in charge, he's probably a bit more lax on Sally's freedom. before, her father didn't exactly let her do what she wanted. Elias knows just how much Sonic and the kingdom mean to Sally. I'm pretty sure he'd feel hypocritical if he forced Sally to stay away from battle.


But the thing is, even when her father left, she more or less stayed at home. She had, more or less, complete control, right?
nuckles87
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:21 pm

Postby Faded-Myth » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:37 am

You don;t come out of a situation like that all ready and knowing what to do. her life was pretty much chaotic at that point. She probably lost focus on what she wanted. And since it would seem that Sonic wasn't there for her, she probably didn't think she had a lot to go back to. Or maybe even didn't think she was wanted. Poor girl.
User avatar
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:02 am
Location: Chopping down trees in Geen Hill zone

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:54 am

nuckles87 wrote:Ian, I have a question regarding Sally and Elias fighting in "Darkest Storm".
...
So it seems to me that Sally and Elias both fighting in "Darkest Storm" was out of character, at least on Sally's part. I'll admit, I have absolutely no problem seeing Sally back in the battlefield, but I am curious as to how you justify this change?


The discussion that's already surfaced around this is heading in the right direction. Sally became entirely wrapped up in her ascension to the throne which lead to a lot of things - the Sonic/Mina confusion, her being less active in the Freedom Fighters, The Slap, among others.

With Elias on the throne, she's suddenly without a job - so to speak. Sure, she's heir apparent if Elias were to die, but at least before his return she had authority - direction and purpose. Without that burden anymore, she's now finding her way back to her old role as active field leader of the Freedom Fighters. One big step in that direction was joining her friends/teammates to fend of the second biggest invasion of Knothole ever.

Sally is on a new path - a new life's direction. "Birthday Bash" showed us a hint of it, TDS showed another side of it, and we'll be returning to it in broader strokes later on.

In Elias's case it was his crown, his sword, and he never struck me as the kind of guy to let others do for him. His adventurous spirit has been tamed a little (settling down with Meg) and the title of "king" will weigh heavily on him too. But at this point he was just as eager and ready to jump into the fray. The action-hero inside him hasn't been broken yet.

W.W. wrote:gots a question Ian. In 165, it showed that there were lots of occupants in the grape eggs, but I thought all of his dead captives were lost to the Zone of Silence. Did I think wrong, and only the majority were lost, or did you collect more?


That was a goof-up that ultimately comes back to me. I wasn't clear enough in my script. All that should've been left were Mogul, Naugus and the ninja-augmented Destructix. My bad.

Faded-Myth wrote:The way i saw it, their souls were lost to the zone of silence, or their collective minds anyway, and their bodies were now just empty husks, void of souls. *shudder*


That's what the Egg Grapes do to them anyway.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing
 
Posts: 5837
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 pm

Postby nuckles87 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:16 am

IanPotto wrote:
nuckles87 wrote:Ian, I have a question regarding Sally and Elias fighting in "Darkest Storm".
...
So it seems to me that Sally and Elias both fighting in "Darkest Storm" was out of character, at least on Sally's part. I'll admit, I have absolutely no problem seeing Sally back in the battlefield, but I am curious as to how you justify this change?


The discussion that's already surfaced around this is heading in the right direction. Sally became entirely wrapped up in her ascension to the throne which lead to a lot of things - the Sonic/Mina confusion, her being less active in the Freedom Fighters, The Slap, among others.

With Elias on the throne, she's suddenly without a job - so to speak. Sure, she's heir apparent if Elias were to die, but at least before his return she had authority - direction and purpose. Without that burden anymore, she's now finding her way back to her old role as active field leader of the Freedom Fighters. One big step in that direction was joining her friends/teammates to fend of the second biggest invasion of Knothole ever.

Sally is on a new path - a new life's direction. "Birthday Bash" showed us a hint of it, TDS showed another side of it, and we'll be returning to it in broader strokes later on.

In Elias's case it was his crown, his sword, and he never struck me as the kind of guy to let others do for him. His adventurous spirit has been tamed a little (settling down with Meg) and the title of "king" will weigh heavily on him too. But at this point he was just as eager and ready to jump into the fray. The action-hero inside him hasn't been broken yet.

W.W. wrote:gots a question Ian. In 165, it showed that there were lots of occupants in the grape eggs, but I thought all of his dead captives were lost to the Zone of Silence. Did I think wrong, and only the majority were lost, or did you collect more?


That was a goof-up that ultimately comes back to me. I wasn't clear enough in my script. All that should've been left were Mogul, Naugus and the ninja-augmented Destructix. My bad.

Faded-Myth wrote:The way i saw it, their souls were lost to the zone of silence, or their collective minds anyway, and their bodies were now just empty husks, void of souls. *shudder*


That's what the Egg Grapes do to them anyway.



Kick butt, Ian :D. Can't wait to see it develop.

Didn't the script say Mogul had already escaped?
nuckles87
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:21 pm

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:19 am

nuckles87 wrote:Didn't the script say Mogul had already escaped?


Another bit of lacking clarity on my part. Mogul had "abandoned" them in that he gave up trying to protect them from the Egg Grapes' effect. The Spider Ninjas had already been sacrificed and the Destructix would've been quick to go if not for Dr. Finitevus.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing
 
Posts: 5837
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 pm

Postby nuckles87 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:30 am

I see. Cool.

Ok, question number 3 (my my, I'm on a roll)

Are we ever going to see a return of the power rings, SatAm/Old Archie style? Or are they more or less gone?

I don't have the best memory, so whether something happened to them or not escapes me.
nuckles87
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:21 pm

Postby Faded-Myth » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:38 am

If Super Rings can be in it, I see no reason why power Rings can't be. Though power rings were created by Uncle Chuck. There could be no connection other than shape between the two rings. A common similarity. Maybe Chuck modelled the power rings after the fabled Super Ring? Chuck's power ring technology might even be lost...though i sincerely hope not.
User avatar
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:02 am
Location: Chopping down trees in Geen Hill zone

Postby nuckles87 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:44 am

Actually, I beleive in Archie, the power rings where created by Nate Morgan ;).
nuckles87
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:21 pm

Postby Faded-Myth » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:47 am

Oh yeah, THAT plotline. I can't say i really liked that idea. I preferred the simpler, more romantic notion of Chuck creating them, and the old power ring pool.

*sighs* Those old scenes in SatAM were romantic.
User avatar
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:02 am
Location: Chopping down trees in Geen Hill zone

Postby General Tekno » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:40 pm

My reading of the Egg Grape scene was that it took place BEFORE TDS, as I don't see Mogul or Naugus in the grapes. And that the Destructix got let loose to attack Knothole at the beginning of that arc.

So am I wrong there?
User avatar
General Tekno
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 12:02 am

Postby Sonic922 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:16 pm

nuckles87 wrote:
IanPotto wrote:
nuckles87 wrote:Ian, I have a question regarding Sally and Elias fighting in "Darkest Storm".
...
So it seems to me that Sally and Elias both fighting in "Darkest Storm" was out of character, at least on Sally's part. I'll admit, I have absolutely no problem seeing Sally back in the battlefield, but I am curious as to how you justify this change?


The discussion that's already surfaced around this is heading in the right direction. Sally became entirely wrapped up in her ascension to the throne which lead to a lot of things - the Sonic/Mina confusion, her being less active in the Freedom Fighters, The Slap, among others.

With Elias on the throne, she's suddenly without a job - so to speak. Sure, she's heir apparent if Elias were to die, but at least before his return she had authority - direction and purpose. Without that burden anymore, she's now finding her way back to her old role as active field leader of the Freedom Fighters. One big step in that direction was joining her friends/teammates to fend of the second biggest invasion of Knothole ever.

Sally is on a new path - a new life's direction. "Birthday Bash" showed us a hint of it, TDS showed another side of it, and we'll be returning to it in broader strokes later on.

In Elias's case it was his crown, his sword, and he never struck me as the kind of guy to let others do for him. His adventurous spirit has been tamed a little (settling down with Meg) and the title of "king" will weigh heavily on him too. But at this point he was just as eager and ready to jump into the fray. The action-hero inside him hasn't been broken yet.

W.W. wrote:gots a question Ian. In 165, it showed that there were lots of occupants in the grape eggs, but I thought all of his dead captives were lost to the Zone of Silence. Did I think wrong, and only the majority were lost, or did you collect more?


That was a goof-up that ultimately comes back to me. I wasn't clear enough in my script. All that should've been left were Mogul, Naugus and the ninja-augmented Destructix. My bad.

Faded-Myth wrote:The way i saw it, their souls were lost to the zone of silence, or their collective minds anyway, and their bodies were now just empty husks, void of souls. *shudder*


That's what the Egg Grapes do to them anyway.



Kick butt, Ian :D. Can't wait to see it develop.

Didn't the script say Mogul had already escaped?


Now I'm really confused, did you say that the souls of the of the characters are alive in the ZOne of Silence? Or are they dead all together?

And are the Spider Ninjas dead too then?

Oh, and since I'm asking questions, is SCourge faster than Sonic? Because on Page 10(including ads) Sonic and Scourge Run off and Sonic turns but Scourge kinda Zigzags and jumps over Sonic but they still meet at the same time when there paths cross.

BTW, compliments on Sonic and Scourge's fight over the trees. I like how it's choreographized(is that a word?)

Thats all for now, I'm saving the rest of the issue for my for my camping trip tommorow :D
User avatar
Sonic922
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:52 am

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:24 pm

nuckles87 wrote:Are we ever going to see a return of the power rings, SatAm/Old Archie style? Or are they more or less gone?


They're a plot device we just haven't needed for the longest while. I can think of one instance where I'd like to use them in the future, but on a whole, we just aren't returning to them. They haven't been written out, though.

Sonic922 wrote:Now I'm really confused, did you say that the souls of the of the characters are alive in the ZOne of Silence? Or are they dead all together?


1) The Egg Grapes soul-suck 'em
2) The occupied Egg Grapes were lost to the Zone of Silence
3) These Egg Grapes were occupied by empty husks
4) The scene in StH#165 was an error.

Sonic922 wrote:And are the Spider Ninjas dead too then?


Yes.

Sonic922 wrote:Oh, and since I'm asking questions, is SCourge faster than Sonic? Because on Page 10(including ads) Sonic and Scourge Run off and Sonic turns but Scourge kinda Zigzags and jumps over Sonic but they still meet at the same time when there paths cross.


No, that's just dynamic drawing - and far more interesting than parallel lines.

Sonic922 wrote:BTW, compliments on Sonic and Scourge's fight over the trees. I like how it's choreographized(is that a word?)


Thank you! And it's "choreographed."
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing
 
Posts: 5837
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 pm

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests