Daily Dose of Ian - For Inquisitive Minds!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby JoJo B. » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:00 am

sonicforever wrote:Here is the image, courtesy of Adamis from FUS:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/ ... cpromo.jpg

Adamis? That's my pic that I took, and a link from my photobucket.
JoJo B.
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:20 am

JoJo B. wrote:Do you have any plans of returning these fun nicknames to the comic? Or perhaps creating your own?

It won't be a conscious effort on my part, but you never know what might slip from Sonic or Snively.

Sonic922 wrote:I know you don't like to differentiate from Robotnik Prime and RoboRobotnik, but is there a Robo Snively? Will we eer see any references to one even in like the backgroun simlar to the various Tails' in The Choosen One story

I can't rule it out, but it's unlikely.

Sonic922 wrote:Oh and also, I noticed it's something big when I saw Turbo Tails and Super Sonic and Shadow on the 170 cover, does this build up to 175(If so it must be aa looong story) or is this just a side note on the way to 175?

I can't even hint at that without spoiling something.

sonicforever wrote:Have you heard anything about Ken Penders concept art of his Sonic movie that he showed off to someone at some comic even a little bit ago? Also what are your thoguhts on the changed character designs he shows for Sonic's parents, Uncle Chuck, Julie-Su, Knuckles, and Sally?

I've seen the image and heard the general idea that he hopes to get a Sonic movie off the ground. Since it isn't affiliated with Archie and he's pitching it directly to Sega, I don't know anything more about it than that.

Given the company's SegaSonic preference, I'm surprised he's trying to push along such a heavy ArchieSonic visual, not to mention cast. He's been dealing with the situation for years now, though, so he has to know something that I don't. I wish him all the best all the same.

sonicforever wrote:Are the chances of us seing any of the Archie Sonic characters (Sally, Nagus, Bunnie, etc) in a game better or worse now than before SOnic Adventure came out?

Unchanged as far as I know, so it's still highly unlikely/border-line never.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Adamis » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:00 pm

JoJo B. wrote:

I never claimed it was mine, I just quoted you on FuS, don't worry ;)
Adamis
BumbleNoble

Postby JoJo B. » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:11 pm

Adamis wrote:
JoJo B. wrote:

I never claimed it was mine, I just quoted you on FuS, don't worry ;)

Oh, okay. I wouldn't have really mind in the first place, but yeah, just wanted to make sure.
JoJo B.
BumbleFan

Postby sonicforever » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:40 pm

Yeah sorry for the confusion. Adamis posted it so I naturally thought it was his pic and what not.
sonicforever
BumbleFan

Postby Dirk Amoeba » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:56 am

Sonic922 wrote:Oh and also, I noticed it's something big when I saw Turbo Tails and Super Sonic and Shadow on the 170 cover, does this build up to 175(If so it must be aa looong story) or is this just a side note on the way to 175?

Did I miss something? I haven't seen this cover online. Heck, I haven't even seen the 169 cover either.
Dirk Amoeba
BumbleFan

Postby apprentice manta » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:28 am

Ooh, ooh I know this one! I actually KNOW!http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/allages/
Link to the new cover pics
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby Sonic922 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:19 pm

Dirk Amoeba wrote:

Did I miss something? I haven't seen this cover online. Heck, I haven't even seen the 169 cover either.

Oh, sorry, that was the cover to 169, not 170, they havent shown the 170 one yet.
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby sonicxfactor » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:32 am

Ian just a quick qustion on 169's cover. Why does Turbo Tails have a cape and not those birds like he has in the old Mega Drive games? theirs nothing wrong with it, it's just if you want to try and add more SegaSonic stuff in the comics dont you think you should get Turbo Tails form right and not make your own?
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby Faded-Myth » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:37 am

There's nothing wrng with artistic liberty. In fact bringing in your own ideas is the whole idea. Otherwise your just cut and pasting what's gone before.
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:16 am

I'll fudge this where I think I can/should, but the super-forms of Tails have already been well-established. Turbo Tails gets his cape and Super Tails gets the little birdies. While it would be truer to SegaSonic continuity to give Turbo Tails some super-flickies, it would also beg the question: "Where did the birds come from, and why are they super?"
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Kureejii Lea » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:17 am

sonicxfactor wrote:Ian just a quick qustion on 169's cover. Why does Turbo Tails have a cape and not those birds like he has in the old Mega Drive games? theirs nothing wrong with it, it's just if you want to try and add more SegaSonic stuff in the comics dont you think you should get Turbo Tails form right and not make your own?

The Turbo Tails form IS right. The form with the flickies isn't "Turbo Tails."
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby nuckles87 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:11 pm

Ian, is there any chance that the Archie back issues that aren't currently available (2000-2003, at least) will ever be put back into production in the future? I've decided to try and catch up on that era (where the Archie comics where hard to find in my area)
nuckles87
BumbleKnight

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:23 pm

I don't know about back-issues, but if the upcoming trade paperbacks sell well enough, we ought to eventually reach that time period.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby sonicxfactor » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:51 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:
The Turbo Tails form IS right. The form with the flickies isn't "Turbo Tails."

Is that so! I had no idea, I’ve always been calling him Super Tails I’ve only started calling him Turbo Tails because all the kids in my school started calling him that, that was back when I was around 10 years old or so, so thanks for pointing that out Mrs Lea.

One more thing, Ian have you seen the new screenshots of Sonic 06 yet (if not here’s the link http://xboxyde.com/gallery_3830_en.html) and what do you think of the new hedgehog that appears to be made out of crystal?
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius