Daily Dose of Ian - For Inquisitive Minds!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby beowolf master of ctalin » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:23 pm

wow i go on a tour for three months and every one is talking about pill bugs....shame
beowolf master of ctalin
BumbleFan

Postby JoJo B. » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:25 pm

Not to turn this into a SegaSonic arcade thread, but it's also interesting to note that Mighty's run in the game makes him look more armadillo-like in appearance, at least from the side (I'm sure this was intentional):

Anyway, to get back on topic, I have three (was two) questions. Considering there haven't been any questions since the last few posts and we're already on a fresh new page, would it be okay if I gave it a go, Ian? I hope this question doesn't count. :(hearty laughter):

Anyhoo, here I go:

1. Will we ever see the adventure of Sonic and Mighty in the zone they travelled through to rescue Ray and the Power Gem in Knuckles #28? Gabrie made a note of writing in to find out.

2. We've been seeing quite a bit of the Egg Pawns as of late. Has Eggman retired the Shadow-Bots? Or will we be seeing them anytime soon?

3. Is there an Anti-Shadow?

EDIT: If I am somehow not listening to the rules, let me know.
Last edited by JoJo B. on Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JoJo B.
BumbleFan

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:38 pm

JoJo B. wrote:3. Is there an Anti-Shadow?

This brings up a question I want to ask! If there is an Anti-Shadow, can he be nicknamed "Sunshine"? =D

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:48 pm

Somehow I knew about Mighty running on all fours. But he also runs Sonic-style (gee, wonder why *cough*same sprite*cough*) so there's room for canonical debate. Still, thanks for the screens, and onward to the questions!

JoJo B. wrote:1. Will we ever see the adventure of Sonic and Mighty in the zone they travelled through to rescue Ray and the Power Gem in Knuckles #28? Gabrie made a note of writing in to find out.

Highly unlikely at this point. There is so much new stuff to get to that not all of the loose threads will be picked up. I won’t rule it out entirely, though, because you never know what’s around the bend.

JoJo B. wrote: 2. We've been seeing quite a bit of the Egg Pawns as of late. Has Eggman retired the Shadow-Bots? Or will we be seeing them anytime soon?

As the “Sonic Rush” story showed, Dr. Eggman still has some of the older robots in supply. But most of them have been phased out/destroyed and the Egg Pawn (as well as most of the E-Series types) are the new standard.

JoJo B. wrote: 3. Is there an Anti-Shadow?

One would assume, wouldn’t they? I’ve put some thought to it (probably more than I ought to) and I have a few ideas on the subject. Returning to the Antiverse at all, though, can get messy and convoluted. If there is an AntiShadow (and there most probably is) we won’t be seeing him any time soon.

Incidentally, it’s perfectly fine to add questions after the fact. If I’ve already gone through your list, though, and you add one I’ll probably never see it. Onward! FORWARD!

W.W. wrote: If there is an Anti-Shadow, can he be nicknamed "Sunshine"? =D

Why wait for AntiShadow? Sonic can come up with plenty of fun nicknames ;)
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Faded-Myth » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:36 pm

My vote is for Sunbeam the Cheerful Hedgehog, and how he was locked in a cupboard by his evil aunty Maria for years as a child, who only fed him bread crumbs and sausage skin. When he was discovered by social service agents, he had developed a severe case of cheerfulness that he had developed to help him survive.

I even made a theme song!

"Cheery, cheery the hedgehog!
He's so cheery, so lets cheer too!
Cheer cheer cheer cheer cheer for...
CHEERY! THE CHEERFUL HEDGEHOG!
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:54 pm

I seriously want to make a picture of this. I think I will. XD
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby sonicforever » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:00 pm

Are there any characters that you have considered giving a makeover to? I know you can't do it with Sonic, Tails, etc, but maybe some of the Archie specific characters could get some new looks (or in the case of Sally, Bunnie, and Rotor, their old looks).

Do you think there is a chance that the videogame universe could get split as well? I mean we now have two completely different games on the next gen systems. It is pretty unlikely but which branch would you follow in putting stuff in the comic? or would you just put in a little of both?

Not a question but I am glad to see Eggman actually acting mroe like Julian did. Heck Tracy and Fry even make him look half threatining.
sonicforever
BumbleFan

Postby Faded-Myth » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:16 pm

I'm hoping the vast majority of game related stuff remains in the Sonic X comic. The decision to split the stories into two mediums just really appeals to me as a way to preserve both the SatAM/Archie line and the Sonic X line without convoluting each other's stories with too much cross breeding. I mean, game elements in Archie are inevitable, and your bound to get more than a few tip of the hats, but I really like the idea of having the best of both worlds.
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby sonicforever » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:01 pm

I completely agree with you. The majority of game stuff should be in Sonic X. But they can't completely ignore the games int eh main comci forever either.
sonicforever
BumbleFan

Postby JoJo B. » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:45 am

Wow, even if we won't be seeing him for a while, I am eagerly anticipating Anti-Shadow.
JoJo B.
BumbleFan

Postby Faded-Myth » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:06 am

sonicforever wrote:I completely agree with you. The majority of game stuff should be in Sonic X. But they can't completely ignore the games int eh main comci forever either.

Last time I checked, Archie Sonic was FILLED with material from the games. Characters like Rouge and Shadow taking equal limelight as the FF, scenarios and even vehicles from the games, Eggman, Amr Rose...the list goes on. As far as I'm concerned, Archie hasn't ignored the games at all. If anything, I feel there should be LESS game stuff in it...

Though technically if it wanted to, and was allowed to by Sega, they could ignore the game canon if they felt that way inclined. Because the comic doesn't follow the storylines of the games. That's what Sonic X is for, which directly incorporates game stories into their own. Archie has it's own agenda.
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:55 am

sonicforever wrote:Are there any characters that you have considered giving a makeover to?

Nope.

Well . . . a few. Very, very few. But you'll see those eventually.

sonicforever wrote:Do you think there is a chance that the videogame universe could get split as well?

I'm not sure what Sega is thinking in regards to the direction of the license. To split it thus would be suicide, I'd think. Mario gets away with it since he never had a really concrete continuity. Neither does Sonic, sure, but he's got more going for him there than the Mushroom Kingdom. Heck, Donkey Kong does too. While the art direction is decided different between Sonic06 and SWF, we see Silver popping up in SRiv, so it can't be too separate of a world. I don't think we can really say what the plan is until we see more stuff after the current slew of games.

sonicforever wrote:It is pretty unlikely but which branch would you follow in putting stuff in the comic? or would you just put in a little of both?

The general plan for adaptations (as of this post) can be seen in the recent "Sonic Rush" and "Sonic Riders" stories - take the key elements and work them in enough to acknowledge them. I know we're (currently) holding off on all Sonic06 elements because we don't know enough about it. What we may do (MIGHT! MAYBE!) is stop the adaptations all together and gently work in SegaSonic elements when they'll fit. It depends largely on what Sega wants from us.

sonicforever wrote:Not a question but I am glad to see Eggman actually acting mroe like Julian did. Heck Tracy and Fry even make him look half threatining.

I told ya! Didn't I tell ya? "Give us some time," I says. "We'll razzle-dazzle ya," I says! Patience and faith and y'all shall be rewarded.

JoJo B. wrote:Wow, even if we won't be seeing him for a while, I am eagerly anticipating Anti-Shadow.

I never said he was coming at all, though. I said if he exists, and if he ever shows up, it'd be way down the road. That's about two shades away from "never."

Faded-Myth wrote:That's what Sonic X is for, which directly incorporates game stories into their own.

Incorrect. [buzzer noise] Joe Edkin's thread at Sonic HQ explains that Sonic X is under an anime-only mandate. The Sonic 1 elements of SX#10-11 were the exception to the rule. Nothing that hasn't been shown in the anime - including game material - can pop up in SX. That means no SX-Nack, no SX-Mighty, etc. etc.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Faded-Myth » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:09 am

BAH! TECHNICALITIES! XD

Well, I was close. The fact that Sonic X is designed for Sonic X stuff only still enforces my point of separating the two comics. Though I suppose since no game stuff pops up in Sonic X, it can pop up in Archie.

Oh. Darn.
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby sonicxfactor » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:57 pm

Ian now that the Egg pawns are now part of Robotniks arsenal as well as the SWAT Bots will you be adding the robots (the ones from the Tokyo Game Show trailer and the crab like ones) from Sonic06 into Robotniks arsenal? I don’t like the Egg pawns and think the robots from the new Sonic game look awesome.

Also will you be introducing the Shadow Androids from the Shadow game into the comic?
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby NackTheWeasel » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:11 pm

Speaking of Sunshine the Cheerful Hedgehog, I wonder what Ash will be like once he "mellows out" :roll: ? Smiley the nice and sharing Mongoose?
"Hey Sonic! I don't care that you broke my girlfriend's heart, because you just loved Sally and there's nothing you could have done to change it. I also exept that you are way cooler than me and a big hero. So let's all be friends! You can hang out with Mina and I can still be her only boyfriend! I love sharing:D!" The only way Ash would mellow out is if somebody shoved a chill pill down his throat.
NackTheWeasel
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius