Ian Inquiries - Additional Extension!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby AvianTalon » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:07 pm

I totally forgot about that too. I'm pretty sure WW is right, though.
AvianTalon
BumbleFan

Postby Faded-Myth » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:39 pm

Oh aren't we the little hero now eh? Curse you Wonder Wario. Curse you!!!!!

XD
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby Dirk Amoeba » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:52 am

The Sonic HQ profiles for Archie characters aren't always accurate. I should know... I write them! (Therefore, I'm the one to blame for the fact that they're horribly outdated).
Dirk Amoeba
BumbleFan

Postby AvianTalon » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:06 pm

*Glares at Dirk*
Nah, I didn't even notice they were outdated. I've been reading the series for oh... tenish years, so I probably haven't even looked at those profiles since BEFORE they went out of date. New readers could be kinda confused, though.

Ian, I'm quite sure she wasn't, but M wasn't the big one slated to die in the Darkest Storm, right?

*Robots can't die...*
AvianTalon
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:16 pm

No comment.

I'm going to have to cut out answering TDS altogether until it's done. There's nothing I can hint at anymore =P
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Nel » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:21 pm

Which do you enjoy more: Sonic Adventure art style covers or Spaz's usual stuff?

Will we be seeing zones mentioned/used again like they were in RTAI?

Will the Mobian's see Eggy's fish army in the sky as a threat at first glance? I mean, they are flying fish, ya know? :P
Nel
BumbleKnight

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:46 pm

NelStone wrote:Which do you enjoy more: Sonic Adventure art style covers or Spaz's usual stuff?

I'm a sucker for anything that looks like Sega-official art, so I really enjoy(ed) Spaz's use of that style. But, c'mon, it's Spaz! What isn't there to love about all his art?

NelStone wrote:Will we be seeing zones mentioned/used again like they were in RTAI?

I'll be using SegaSonic stuff when I can, so yes, there will be occasionally references to locations from the games.

NelStone wrote:Will the Mobian's see Eggy's fish army in the sky as a threat at first glance? I mean, they are flying fish, ya know? :P

Yeah, but they're flying fish with giant cannons.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby sonicforever » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:54 pm

1. Any opinion on this news of the next gen SOnic game for PS3 and 360 that came out resently and supposedly leaked some story details?

*POSSIBLY SPOILERS*
http://news.sonicstadium.org/story/191/

2. Also any chance we could see Spaz draw some of the comic only characters like Sally, Bunny, Ant, etc in SA style for covers instead of always just Sonic. I always wondered what they would like like in official Sega artwork.
sonicforever
BumbleFan

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:18 pm

Issue 137's cover.

Postby sonicforever » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:20 am

You can't really tell by that cover. Anyway I meant and upcoming issue.
sonicforever
BumbleFan

Postby sonicxfactor » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:48 pm

sonicforever wrote:1. Any opinion on this news of the next gen SOnic game for PS3 and 360 that came out resently and supposedly leaked some story details?

*POSSIBLY SPOILERS*
http://news.sonicstadium.org/story/191/

2. Also any chance we could see Spaz draw some of the comic only characters like Sally, Bunny, Ant, etc in SA style for covers instead of always just Sonic. I always wondered what they would like like in official Sega artwork.

I’ve seen the spoilers. I kind of had a feeling that Blaze would show up again. I hope she’s playable.

The whole thing sounds like proper cool main story stuff, but then I’m not Ian or the management at Archie so who knows what will happen with this.

This reminds me Ian when Archie are told by Sega to do a game adaptation like Sonic Adventure do Sega give you guys the full story info spoilers an all or do you have to watch a Sega rep play through the game and take notes or do you the writers have to play the games yourself and take notes?
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:20 am

sonicforever wrote:1. Any opinion on this news of the next gen SOnic game for PS3 and 360 that came out resently and supposedly leaked some story details?

I think there's a lot of potential awesomeness to be had. I also think a lot of folks are leaping upon minute threads of barely credible information and blowing them far, far out of proportion.

I'm content to wait for the full story via the game. What I want is the release date. And it in my hands.

sonicforever wrote:2. Also any chance we could see Spaz draw some of the comic only characters like Sally, Bunny, Ant, etc in SA style for covers instead of always just Sonic. I always wondered what they would like like in official Sega artwork.
W.W. wrote:Issue 137's cover.

You can't really tell by that cover. Anyway I meant and upcoming issue.

I believe the style is very evident with StH#137, but I understand what you're saying. It all depends if Spaz wants (or Mike directs) to show the Knothole crowd in that style.

sonicxfactor wrote:This reminds me Ian when Archie are told by Sega to do a game adaptation like Sonic Adventure do Sega give you guys the full story info spoilers an all or do you have to watch a Sega rep play through the game and take notes or do you the writers have to play the games yourself and take notes?

Not really, no. We knew about five months ahead of the official announcement that there was going to be a racing game with hover-boards. About two months before release, we a few large movie files from the game - the anime intro and Hero Story first CG cinema. Otherwise, we get the stuff the same as y'all.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby General Tekno » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:49 am

Are you planning on using the Void at all in your tenure? Keep in mind that unlike the Animated Series, the comics established the Void being different from the Zone of Silence. (The Void showed up in the issue where Uncle Chuck first got his free will back, incidentally Snively was the main villain in said issue, whereas the Zone of Silence was Naugus' realm)
General Tekno
BumbleKnight

Eh?

Postby AvianTalon » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:07 am

That's been debated for a long time.... Though I seem to remember someone at some point (may have been Ken) said out-of-story that the two were indeed the same.

Again, I can't back that up and would gladly be proven wrong... which issues are you looking at to find the distinction?
AvianTalon
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:21 pm

The Void and Zone of Silence were indeed seperate dimensions in the comic, but the whole topic was rendered moot in StH#163.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius