Ian Inquiries - Additional Extension!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:29 pm

IlexGarodan wrote:Ian, I have a rather awkward question..

What are your credentials? Do you have a Bachelor of Arts/Science/Business/Flatulence/etc., and if so, what did you major in?

I pegged down a BA in English and....after that, Sonic is my credentials. Mike took a gamble on me, regardless of my year behind the scenes. It's something I'm very thankful for and gives me all the more impetus to put out a really great book.

General Tekno wrote:Ian, I was rereading old Sonics and noticed that Sir Connery doesn't have a moustache in his first appearance.

Was it your decision or the artist's to endow him with one, and how'd you guys come up with the idea?

That was a descision on Mike/James's part to spruce up the old design. I rather like it, myself.

General Tekno wrote:And I don't know if anyone's asked this before, but how do you make a living other than Sonic comics? I can't see that paying all the bills...

Sonic actually pays well enough to be a substantial portion of my budget. I wouldn't starve without it, but it's very nice to have it. During the last school year I was part of the technology department of my old private school in the mornings and then part of the afterschool program in the afternoon. Right now I'm full time with the Tech Dept. with a couple of afternoon options when the school year starts back up.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Dirk Amoeba » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:35 pm

Issue 164 has been received by some subscribers. Within a few hours, Anonymous's identity will be common knowledge among fans. When will you begin accepting questions related to Anonymous and TDS again? There are a couple questions I'd love to ask.
Dirk Amoeba
BumbleFan

Postby Zei » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:05 pm

Haaay.

Got a question about 164's backup that I'll put in a spoiler tag just in case.

Spoilers wrote:Will we see the 'boards used on missions? Ever? That's what Tails said they were made for, after all, and I think it'd be pretty shweet.
Zei
BumbleNewbie

Postby sonicxfactor » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:58 pm

Hey Ian have you seen the teaser trailers for Spiderman 3 and the live action Transformers movie?
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:20 pm

Dirk Amoeba wrote:Issue 164 has been received by some subscribers. Within a few hours, Anonymous's identity will be common knowledge among fans. When will you begin accepting questions related to Anonymous and TDS again? There are a couple questions I'd love to ask.

In the interest (and sympathy) for the fans who are dodging spoilers in Bullet Time, I want to hold off all TDS Q&A until at least a week after it hits regular shelves.

Zei wrote:Got a question about 164's backup that I'll put in a spoiler tag just in case.

Yes, they will. Not alot, but they will.

sonicxfactor wrote:Hey Ian have you seen the teaser trailers for Spiderman 3 and the live action Transformers movie?

I've seen the former, not the latter. All I want from Spiderman 3 is a little bit of Venom. I don't care if it's a last-scene teaser - I want the teeth, tongue and slobber. Transformers doesn't really interest me much, Croctobot's line aside.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Sonic922 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:35 pm

I have 2 before i sleep:

1: Will we ever find out what happened to the President's driver(Corbin I think) in 125, did Rouge save him? Or did she have to move the president away instead?

2:In one of the Afterlife stories, Aurora says she appears the specieas of the one she is talking ot. If she ever met sally, would she be a squirerrel, a fox(or whatever hre second species is) or a mixture like sally?
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:51 pm

Sonic922 wrote:1: Will we ever find out what happened to the President's driver(Corbin I think) in 125, did Rouge save him? Or did she have to move the president away instead?

After reviewing that page (StH#124), I think it's a pretty safe bet Corbin is fish food.

Sonic922 wrote:2:In one of the Afterlife stories, Aurora says she appears the specieas of the one she is talking ot. If she ever met sally, would she be a squirerrel, a fox(or whatever hre second species is) or a mixture like sally?

Without getting into the "what species is Sally" deal again - yes, Aurora would appear as the same species/hybrid as Sally. I'll go one step farther and say - If Aurora chose to appear that way.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby General Tekno » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:22 pm

So with Aurora - is she just so powerful that she can choose her 'corporeal' form or does she actually have none (as in she was never a living being)? And if so, what WAS her original form? Human?
General Tekno
BumbleKnight

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:56 am

I think Aurora is so deep in the Chaos Force that she'd have the ability to give herself a physical form if she so desired. As for her origin, I'm playing that one close to the vest. I don't know when/if I'll get to reveal that, so it's remaining a secret for now.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby sonicxfactor » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:54 pm

Hey Ian just want to know if you met any of the current or past Archie Sonic crew? Ken, Karl, Spaz, Dawn Best etc.

Also has Ken Penders given you any good luck complements on your new job?
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby Faded-Myth » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:30 pm

I was chatting to a friend in the usual manner, over biscuits and tea while idly discussing the news of the day, and when our husbands would be back from hunting, or if the local grocer had recieved that new bicycle he ordered last week, and we got to gossiping about Off-Panel, as housewives are want to do. Now, I'm honestly not sure if this question's been asked before, and I did my best to look through the Contents page (no small feat) and I didn't see it listed, so I'm going to venture forth and ask if we're ever going to see the "Astonishing Adventures of Ian Flynn And His Magical Typing Fingers" or "The Intrepid Voyagers of Tracey Yardley!: An Animators' Tale" gracing those bountiful panels any time soon? Because I would love to see that.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go rekindle the fire.
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

It's An All Ages Book!

Postby apprentice manta » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:45 am

Somehow I doubt "magic fingers" would make it past the Comics Code.
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby Faded-Myth » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:53 am

Ian's ability to type about 500, 000 words per second wouldn't get past the Comics Code? MAN! What sort of standards do those jerks go by!?
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby apprentice manta » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:00 am

Oh, that kind of magic. What a difference a word makes. Typing magic shouldn't be a problem.
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby Faded-Myth » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:35 am

I'd claim you have a dirty mind, but I'd be calling the kettle black.

Sorry Ian, for the images which we are probably placing in your tiny mind.

Did I say tiny? I meant GIGANTIC!
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius