Ian Inquiries - Additional Extension!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:32 am

Mutiny?! I'm the captain of this forum! Now get below, swabbie, or face the wrath of BumbleKaptain Flynn of the S.S. Tsom!
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Faded-Myth » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:10 am

*Hangs head in shame*

Aye, aye, captain.

*Skulks off to lower the crew's morale*
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby sonicxfactor » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:50 pm

Hey Ian good choice on getting a 360, I hope to get one at the end of the year (along with a Wii). There is no way I’m going to spend £425 on a PS3.

Hopefully our paths will meet on Xbox live.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:18 pm

I certainly don't want to dissapoint, but that's highly unlikely. I'm not paying however much it is for X-Box Live per month. If I have that kind of money, it'll go to anything the Wii charges (I will SSBB online!).

If the Wii is frii, then that money might go to WoW again, or perhaps CoH/V. Or, y'know, food and bills.

Right now I have Fable: The Lost Chapters and both Halos. Since Fable has no multiplay, I am quite aware that I am talentless in multiplayer-Halo, and all of them aren't precisely stable on the 360 - no Live for me for awhile.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby sonicxfactor » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:43 pm

I hope SSBB will be online to, as for Xbox live the guy in the game shop told me Live is only around £5 a month which sounds good to me.

Although other then Sonic other 360 games I want to play are Capcom’s Lost Planet and Dead Rising. Both look awesome. That and Live Arcade has some really cool original games and Retro stuff on there for download.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby ME » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:16 am

SSBB, WII, WoW,... CNN, TBS, ABC, NASA, :shock: My acronym meter broke. Anywho my mental meter's will recover.

I had a question for ya Ian, see I been racking my brain tryin to find an oh so good question to which I think I would most likely want to know the answer to, and since you are constantly flooded Sonic questions I decided to think of one that had nothing to do with him, and here it is. How old are you? Its so simple, yet something I dont know, and not sonic HA my brain is great behold it's impressiveness! :twisted:

No but seriously good job on the comic, you are now my new favorite comic book writer!
ME
BumbleFan

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:56 pm

Here's a question for Ian:

Do you remember Pitches of the Potto #8? I surely do! ^_~
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby General Tekno » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:20 pm

Oh, Ian - I think I found something that you could use to explain the Naugus/Robotnik connection.

Reread the issue where they first find King Acorn in the Zone of Silence (not the one where they rescue him). You'll see that Robotnik is genuinely afraid of the Zone for some reason and is trying to destroy it or something.
General Tekno
BumbleKnight

Postby jgoreham » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:50 pm

Question: I plan to blog about the comic over at my 1up blog (I've actually meant to for a year now. I picked up 150 last summer intending to blog about it, and here we are, at issue 163, and I finally think I know what to blog!). When I am referring to this comic book, what should I actually call it? I don't want to create confusion in my blog, and 'Sonic the Comic' is inappropriate as that's another publication. "Sonic the Hedgehog by Archie Comics"? "Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog"? Just "Sonic the Hedgehog"? What exactly should I be calling this book formally, if I refer to it in writing?
jgoreham
BumbleFan

Postby Faded-Myth » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:53 pm

I'm pretty sure Ian will have his own idea for the Ixis/Robotnik connection, otherwise he probably wouldn't have used him yet ;)

Not to mention the whole thing between Doc R and his fear of the Zone of Silence has been chronicled a few times, including in SatAM (Ixis breaks free and starts to terrorise Robotnik).
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby General Tekno » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:57 am

But SaTAM isn't Archie continuity - it's similar, but not identical.

My idea would be a 'fix' - Ian mixed up his continuities with Naugus'/Robotnik's interaction.
General Tekno
BumbleKnight

Postby Faded-Myth » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:14 am

Archie may not be SatAM per se, but the relationships between stories are open to interpretation. The comic takes places, characters and some scenarios from the series. It has done since it started. There's nothing wrong with using a few ideas from the show that gave birth to the comic.

But all this is just speculation anyway.
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:16 am

ME wrote:How old are you?

I turned twenty-four back in May. I'm just about a quarter-century old. Eesh.

EthanEmerald wrote:Do you remember Pitches of the Potto #8? I surely do! ^_~

Not in the least! XD I'm pretty sure all those ideas are useless now anyway. Too much has changed since.

jgoreham wrote:Question: I plan to blog about the comic over at my 1up blog (I've actually meant to for a year now. I picked up 150 last summer intending to blog about it, and here we are, at issue 163, and I finally think I know what to blog!). When I am referring to this comic book, what should I actually call it? I don't want to create confusion in my blog, and 'Sonic the Comic' is inappropriate as that's another publication. "Sonic the Hedgehog by Archie Comics"? "Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog"? Just "Sonic the Hedgehog"? What exactly should I be calling this book formally, if I refer to it in writing?

"Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog" should be juuuuuust fine.

As for the Robotnik/Naugus thing, I've already put in my final word on that for now.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Tedmeister » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:26 pm

Ian, I have a rather awkward question..

What are your credentials? Do you have a Bachelor of Arts/Science/Business/Flatulence/etc., and if so, what did you major in?
Tedmeister
BumbleFan

Postby General Tekno » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:43 pm

Ian, I was rereading old Sonics and noticed that Sir Connery doesn't have a moustache in his first appearance.

Was it your decision or the artist's to endow him with one, and how'd you guys come up with the idea?

And I don't know if anyone's asked this before, but how do you make a living other than Sonic comics? I can't see that paying all the bills...
General Tekno
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius