Ian Inquiries - Additional Extension!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby apprentice manta » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:17 pm

Love Teckie's idea- er, hypothowhatsits.
Quick question regarding Birthday Bash: when Rouge talks Scourge out of killing Locke, was it just a sense of morals holding her back or does she have some romantic feeling towards Locke? (I know Penders has suggested that pairing, but you might've other plans)
Thanks in advance :D
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:33 am

JoJo B. wrote:Would you mind explaining the alphabetical classifications for the cast?

It was more of an expression than a tried-and-true system. Besides, you've got the idea of it anyway in your post.

JoJo B. wrote:Also this may sound a little silly, but will we ever find out why Antoine has a French accent? Does he even know how to speak French fluently? I guess that goes for his father too.

I'm assuming Antoine speaks French fluenty - which can get tricky since I have no mastery of the language. Also (unofficially), I'm assuming his family hails from a region near Mercia that spoke French. Why the D'Coolettes came to Mobotropolis or had difficulty losing their native tongue gets us too deep into conjecture.

JoJo B. wrote:Will there be any mention of the Uber-Borg (from Locke's vision, also Sonic Live!) in the M:25YL stories in #166 and #167. Will the sequence with Knuckles ever go answered?

I was assuming that the Uber-Borg had already been dealt with in M25YL. And for my own clarification - which "sequence with Knuckles" were you refering to?

JoJo B. wrote:Finally, do you plan on including any material in the comic that didn't make it to the final Sonic games, but were featured in prototype versions and such? (ex. the Sonic 2 beta.)

I'm tempted, but for now, no. There's a ton of fun stuff to be had there, but it's tricky working in the released SegaSonic stuff as is. Maybe one day we'll see Tiara in Wood Zone ;)

General Tekno wrote:Oh, Ian - regarding your Naugus boo-boo, I think I have an easy idea to fix it up based on Tracey's idea.

We've addressed this issue sufficiently.

misspuar wrote:Quick question regarding Birthday Bash: when Rouge talks Scourge out of killing Locke, was it just a sense of morals holding her back or does she have some romantic feeling towards Locke? (I know Penders has suggested that pairing, but you might've other plans)

I assure you, Rouge only had the Master Emerald on her mind. A certain other echidna, though...
Last edited by Ian Flynn on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby sonicxfactor » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:48 am

IanPotto wrote:
misspuar wrote:Quick question regarding Birthday Bash: when Rouge talks Scourge out of killing Locke, was it just a sense of morals holding her back or does she have some romantic feeling towards Locke? (I know Penders has suggested that pairing, but you might've other plans)

I assure you, Rouge only had the Master Emerald on her mind. A certain other echidna, though...

A Rouge and Locke pairing wont happen. Why? Because Locke’s what in his mid 30’s early 40’s and according to the Sonic Heroes manual Rouge is 17 years old. If Ken paired them he would probably get into trouble.

I know Rouge has an eye for Knuckles but old red only has an eye for Juile-Su.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby Sonic922 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:51 pm

sonicxfactor wrote:
IanPotto wrote:

A Rouge and Locke pairing wont happen. Why? Because Locke’s what in his mid 30’s early 40’s and according to the Sonic Heroes manual Rouge is 17 years old. If Ken paired them he would probably get into trouble.

I know Rouge has an eye for Knuckles but old red only has an eye for Juile-Su.

Yeah, Locke and Rouge wouldn't work well, I can't Imagine Rouge being Knucles mother :wink:
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby sonicxfactor » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:09 pm

Sonic922 wrote:
Yeah, Locke and Rouge wouldn't work well, I can't Imagine Rouge being Knucles mother :wink:

Yeah imagen that your step mom having a crush on you. :shock: NIGHTMARE!!!
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby ME » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:27 pm

Howdy all; I am new to the board. I would like to say Ian you are my new favorite writer for sonic the hegehog,you have done what I have wanted for so long in two comics. Please keep up the good work. Now on to the questions.

1.) Will we ever see the Death Egg again, I miss it.
2.) What is the deal with Snively? in 162 Eggman comes to snively and says he wants him back then gives him the eggfleet. then in 163 eggman says no more henchmen.
3.) Rotor I know he has always been a minor character but will he ever get used again? I am sad at never seeing him used. It seems like to me the SATAM characters are being slowly phased out.
4.)I would also like to know how the DoomsDay project from the cartoon was incorporated into the comic since they never did. If there is no plans on ever doing this could you like tell me so my inner geek can be at peace?
ME
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:32 pm

ME wrote:1.) Will we ever see the Death Egg again, I miss it.

Something as colassal as the Death Egg would take time to lead into and would be a massive undertaking on Eggman's part. (That's not a "no," that's a "maybe if we can in the future if we have time")

ME wrote:2.) What is the deal with Snively? in 162 Eggman comes to snively and says he wants him back then gives him the eggfleet. then in 163 eggman says no more henchmen.

Small wonky thing with the narrative continuity. Everything will fit together nice and neat by the end of the year. Just imagine "Ties that Bind" occurring after TDS.

ME wrote:3.) Rotor I know he has always been a minor character but will he ever get used again? I am sad at never seeing him used. It seems like to me the SATAM characters are being slowly phased out.

We'll be seeing Rotor - and all of the classic Freedom Fighters - without fail. I'm not phasing out anybody. I simply can't fit everyone into the story sometimes.

ME wrote:4.)I would also like to know how the DoomsDay project from the cartoon was incorporated into the comic since they never did. If there is no plans on ever doing this could you like tell me so my inner geek can be at peace?

No, there is/was/won't be any Dooms Day Project.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby JoJo B. » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:18 pm

IanPotto wrote:I was assuming that the Uber-Borg had already been dealt with in M25YL. And for my own clarification - which "sequence with Knuckles" were you refering to?

The sequence is shown in Knuckles #25, where the Uber-Borg is seen standing before Knuckles, in what appears to be a fiery Echidnaopolis. It was never made certain if this was an attack from Eggman, or the alternate Robotniks which were seen constructing the Uber-Borg in the Sonic Live! special, or both. Most important of all, I always wondered how big of a threat the Uber-Borg was, considering it has been held back for so long. Gabrie included a note telling fans to check out the SSS, Knuckles: 20 Year Later, which would later become M:25YL (I think?), although an explanation never saw print. So what happened during the battle, or its intention is practically unclear. The Uber-Borg may have had something to do with Eggman attempting to become master of the universe from the flashback in #140, although this was never explained in full.

You said you had plans for the Uber-Borg down the line, though. So I was just wondering if there would be anymore explanation on it in #166 and #167. Anyway, I hope the information above may be useful to you.

Maybe one day we'll see Tiara in Wood Zone Wink

:D
JoJo B.
BumbleFan

Postby ME » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:36 pm

ME wrote:4.)I would also like to know how the DoomsDay project from the cartoon was incorporated into the comic since they never did. If there is no plans on ever doing this could you like tell me so my inner geek can be at peace?

IanPotto
wrote:
No, there is/was/won't be any Dooms Day Project.

I dont understand what your saying? I know you said no but is/was/wont be? does that mean there is a doomsday project, it was used, and will not be used? if I am wrong please help me out. It was worded strange.

however thanks for informing me on the other topics :D

(edited for the sake of making sense.)
ME
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:26 pm

JoJo B. wrote:You said you had plans for the Uber-Borg down the line, though. So I was just wondering if there would be anymore explanation on it in #166 and #167. Anyway, I hope the information above may be useful to you.

....I did? I really need to keep up with what I say. Heh, I ought to read my own table of contents.
Well, the "new" answer is "no Uber-Borg" for the foreseeable future. To get to that would involve dredging up the Sonic Live! special, which is really pushing the boundries of how far back we can go and it still be worth it.

ME wrote:I dont understand what your saying?

Doomsday Project = NO.

As clear as I can get ^^;
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:41 pm

Ian's saying that it did'nt happen in the comic's continuity, and won't happen.

Postby JoJo B. » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:08 am

IanPotto wrote:Heh, I ought to read my own table of contents.

Ah, well you said it at the Sonic HQ board. Anyway, thanks Ian.
Last edited by JoJo B. on Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoJo B.
BumbleFan

Postby Faded-Myth » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:24 am

The Dooms Day project sort of happened... The End Game Saga (issues 47-50) was pretty much a very similar storyline in which Robotnik Prime unleashed his most ultimate weapon of destruction ever, the Ultimate Annhiliator, and was killed in the process.
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby ME » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:46 am

ME wrote:I dont understand what your saying?

Doomsday Project = NO.

As clear as I can get ^^;[/quote]

Ok, I am sorry for the confusion, I just have always wanted to justify that episode with a finish.
ME
BumbleFan

Postby Faded-Myth » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:45 am

Ben Hurst, the chief writer of the series, had wanted season 3 to include the return of Robotnik, who had been transported to the Zone of Silence. The eyes behind Snively are those of Ixis Naugus, who brings Robotnik back to Mobius, though maintains dominancy over him. Snively is basically debunked and defects to the Freedom Fighters. However, as the show was cancelled Hurst never got to see any of this come to fruition.

That the information you were looking for?
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius