Ask Ian for NOV'08 - Beware the Werehog

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Ask Ian for NOV'08 - Beware the Werehog

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:21 pm

The Rules wrote:"Ask Ian" Rules

(1) I'll Post Answers Once a Week

I'll be taking questions from Sunday to Saturday each week. Saturday 11:59PM is the cut-off for new questions, and new answers will be posted the following Sunday. Sometimes I get busy and can't post answers exactly on Sunday. In those cases, just be patient - I'll answer soon!

(2) Five Questions Each

You get five questions per week. You don't have to ask five, and it doesn't have to be all at once. And none of that tricky "sub-question" stuff that's popped up. If you put some kind of variant on there, I'll count it as another question to be fair to everyone else. Play fair!

(3) Why Not Everything is Answered

I'll be picking the questions I think will benefit everyone reading, so don't be heart broken if I skip over yours. I'm not playing favorites. Also, there's some questions I simply can't answer for behind-the-scenes reasons. In rare occasions, I can't even say that I can't answer! If your question doesn't get answered, it's best to save it for later or move on to something else.

(4) Let Me Do the Answering

I want this feature to be all about official information, and there's a very select few folks here who count as official. Unless you have a link to a forum post of mine or the exact issue and page numbers, your answer isn't going to be "accurate." So save yourself the hassle and let me handle it.

(5) Where'd My Post Go?

As I said, I want this to be info-rich. There's a whole forum for discussion. So if I feel like your post is distracting from the thread's purpose, it's gone. So keep things neat and tidy for everyone else, okay?

You know the drill, folks. Get to it!
Last edited by Ian Flynn on Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Super Rayzor » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:40 pm

Well, since, my questions didn't get answered in the last thread, I guess I'll copy them here.

1. Whatever happened to Anti-Geoffrey?

2. Are Sonic's Parents and Tails' Parents friends like their kids are?

3. On the MoFo's Asked Ian thread, you said that you had an idea to bring Nate back, but now you said he's dead as a door nail. Was the idea you had shot down or did you just decide that he was best dead?

4. Anyway, may we see alternate versions of Nate in SU

5. Finally, what was your personal opinion of Nate?

Edit: BTW, you're welcome, Anon. ^_^
Super Rayzor
BumbleNoble

Postby Doc Eggman » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:44 am

1. In the October questions thread, you mostly confirmed that Dr. Eggman Nega would be Dr. Eggman's descendant. Does this essentially confirm that Eggman eventually finds a love interest, since he has descendants? Or are you going with cloning this time?

2. In issue 101, there was a very brief bit of the Sonic OVA universe, with classic-styled Dr. Eggman, Sera, etc. I know it's a shot in the dark, but is there any chance of the Sonic OVA universe being revisited in, say, Sonic Universe?

3. On the topic of love interests, in the October questions thread, you alluded that a Robotnik character might be getting one in the future. Just for clarification, do you mean an alternate version of the main Eggman/Robotnik character(Dr. Kintobor, Mayor Kintobor, etc.), or are you talking about one of Eggman's relatives? (I'm aware his relatives use the Kintobor surname, but Snively's taken to calling himself Snively Robotnik recently, so yeah.)
Doc Eggman
BumbleFan

Postby Astrobot7000 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:36 pm

1. In your latest answers you mentioned that Sega did not want you to use the Metal Overlord. What was their reasoning behind that?

2. What else has Sega asked you not to use? Obviously you can't spoil currently unreleased games for us, but for all the other games it should be okay.

3. As a long-term Sonic fan, why do you find yourself pulled more toward a Segasonic styled comic rather than what Archie has been for the majority of its run? This is really just a personal question rather than any sort of accusatory statement.

4. As a writer, what is your biggest inspiration? For example, Douglas Adams is mine.

5. Will Sonic Universe have as much freedom as STH, or will it have a lot of red tape like Sonic X?
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby EthanEmerald » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:33 pm

1) Any plans for Tails to visit the following locations?

Cocoa Island, Poloy Forest, Volcanic Tunnel, Polly Mountains 1&2, Cavern Island, Caron Forest, Green Island, Green Forest, Lake Rocky, Lake Crystal, or the Kukku Battle Fortress? (They're all in the same general vicinity)
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby General Tekno » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:07 pm

While you were still a fan (before you became a writer for the comic), what was your biggest WTF moment regarding a plot development?

(I guess I'm asking for two moments - the good "WTF that's awesome" and the not-so good "WTF - what are they thinking???")
General Tekno
BumbleKnight

Postby Anon.E.moss » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:57 pm

1) Will Eggman begin the reconstruction of the Egg fleet
Last edited by Anon.E.moss on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anon.E.moss
BumbleNewbie

Postby Chosenoneknuckles » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:37 pm

Haven't posted questions for a long while, but I thought I'd try some now:

1) What is your general opinion of Unleashed [from what you can publicly tell us at this moment in time that is], and what console[s] are you getting it for?

2) Are there any elements from Unleashed that you'd like to use in the comics someday down the road [you don't need to name them if you don't wanna / can't, a yes or no answer would suffice].

3) Will Amy Rose be having any spotlight roles / stories in 09?

4) Have you guys finished the cover for #200 yet?

5) I'm not entirely sure whether you'd know much, if any of this relating query, but I was wondering if you know of any online sites that do subs for Sonic X? [I wanna subscribe for SU you see, and I'm in the UK].

All the best and many thanks in advance.

~Chosenoneknuckles~
Chosenoneknuckles
BumbleNoble

Postby Kintobor » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:38 pm

And now for something completely different!

MORE QUESTIONS! More ROBOTNI--

...wait scratch that. Only two Robotnik related questions. *SHOCK* *HORROR* What has come over me? *sobs*

1. Will Agent Topaz be a character staple for G.U.N. in STH, or is she just a Sonic X exclusive?

2. Where did the idea for El Gran Gordo come from, and most of all, why a luchadore for Robotnik?

3. Did it surprise you that the El Gran Gordo character/story arc took off well with the fans?

4. Will we delve into the Overlander/human world more next year?
Kintobor
BumbleFan

Postby Sockie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:58 pm

What exactly happens to people who live in areas ruled by the Eggman Empire? Are they forced to work in Eggman's bases and factories, or are they all just rounded up and executed? Seeing as how Eggman no longer has Roboticization or the Egg Grapes, I've been wondering this for quite some time.
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby Adamis » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:09 pm

1) We know that Sonic and some of his friends can access to the "super state" (as well as some enemies like Mogul, Naugus and Scourge) but before them, before the events of the comic and the apparition of the cast, have there been other "super mobians" in the past?

2) Is there an equivalent of the internet on Mobius?

3) Will Von Stryker come back soon?

4) Which issue will the "new character(s)" of Sonic Universe appear in?

5) Any plans for Burning Blaze?
Adamis
BumbleNoble

Postby bsonic10 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:15 pm

1) Is there any cover for one of your stories that you weren't necessarily happy with (not necessarily due to the art)?

2) You mentioned in another thread that one of the Destructix might be getting some development soon, can we maybe have a hint of which member it is?
Last edited by bsonic10 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bsonic10
BumbleClan

Postby Elias Acorn » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:26 am

hmm, well it appears tracy isnt replying, so ill ask you :)

1. How is it that Alexis is 'step daughter' to Elias? (2.) and is it going to be revealed somewhere, sometime in the comic? Ive heard many different possibilities, but since you actually produce the comic, i would like to know from you.
3. max looked quit unhappy when Elias made the decision to construct a council. (at the end of #179) Will this get resolved sooner or later in the comic?

i like the acorns if yeh cant tell =D
Cheers!
:wink:
Elias Acorn
BumbleNewbie

Postby Orion101 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:03 pm

1. In your opinion what would the worldwide population of the Human/Overlanders be?

2. Would the House of Ivo still have any prestege importance to it at any point down the line?

3. Purely on a physical a level how do Mobians see Overlanders/Humans in appearence, do they look ugly, scary, alien you get the general idea?

4. What is you opinion on Mobians and cloths I've seen some who wear them and some who don't?

5. In you opinion what kind of relationship does Miles have with the rest of the Suppression Squad, it just seems odd to me that a group of evil villains would take in a young orphan like the Freedom Fighter did?
Orion101
BumbleFan

Postby A Sonic fan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:09 pm

More Robotnik questions!

1)Has Robotnik an house? I mind, a REAL house, a mansion, an appartament...not a base.

2)Robotnik can build all the robots he want and has a lot of territories. Is he rich?
A Sonic fan
BumbleNewbie

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius