SU#12: Preview and Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Luger » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:15 pm

It's interesting that Dr. Finitevus would mention there being 'other Enerjaks', which reinforces what Archimedes said about Enerjak being the "great evil of legend!" in Knuckles Miniseries #1 (IIRC).

As for Barby-x-Tails, it should happen only when Tails gets older. :roll:
Luger
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:19 pm

Okay, let's stop the Barby/Tails wagon right here.

I can understand - to a degree - the Fiona/Tails thing. He fell for the robot and his feelings carried over to the real deal. Complications aside, I can see how folks would want him back with his first fling.

There is no Barby/Tails. Barby's affections were entirely one-sided, not to mention extremely creepy. I'll find a way to write that one into the ground to bury and kill it later, but for now, there is no Barby/Tails. And there won't be so long as I'm on the book.

Seriously, just . . . ugh.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Luger » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:20 pm

IanPotto wrote:Okay, let's stop the Barby/Tails wagon right here.

I can understand - to a degree - the Fiona/Tails thing. He fell for the robot and his feelings carried over to the real deal. Complications aside, I can see how folks would want him back with his first fling.

There is no Barby/Tails. Barby's affections were entirely one-sided, not to mention extremely creepy. I'll find a way to write that one into the ground to bury and kill it later, but for now, there is no Barby/Tails. And there won't be so long as I'm on the book.

I'm mostly just stirring the pot with those sentiments, I don't really care either way about the "relationship" of the two. I think it was more a case of Barby being affectionate in an older sister type of fashion, nothing romantic.

Then again, Tails seemed quite smitten with her in StH #61 and vice versa...I just wanted to direct Ian's attention to this scan, showing Tails was in fact interested:

:P Sometimes no matter how much you want to bury the past, it just gets dug up again. :P
Last edited by Luger on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Luger
BumbleNoble

Postby Tigsie » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:31 pm

"Multiple Enerjaks", eh? Intriguing.

THERE IS MORE THAN ONE?! There can only be ONE awesome Enerjak in this book...and his name starts with a "D."

*faints from pure fangirl glee* DX <3
Tigsie
BumbleNoble

Postby Super Rayzor » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:27 pm

Dimitri the Echidna wrote:It's interesting that Dr. Finitevus would mention there being 'other Enerjaks', which reinforces what Archimedes said about Enerjak being the "great evil of legend!" in Knuckles Miniseries #1 (IIRC).

As for Barby-x-Tails, it should happen only when Tails gets older. :roll:

Thank you! I was wondering when someone was gonna mention this cuz I would have otherwise.
Super Rayzor
BumbleNoble

Postby shigamado » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:49 pm

I always thought Barby was being affectionate as a way of boosting his ego more than anything. I never thought she was serious.
shigamado
BumbleClan

Postby Kureejii Lea » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Dimitri the Echidna wrote:Image

:P Sometimes no matter how much you want to bury the past, it just gets dug up again. :P

Like Titan Tails. Hey everyone, remember Titan Tails? How much we love to acknowledge that that happened? Remember?

Ugh, Tails sounds like a kid from a 50s sitcom in that panel. GEE WILLIKERS, SONIC!
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby theJcfreak » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:32 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:
Dimitri the Echidna wrote:*Leave it to Beav... Tails Picture*

Like Titan Tails. Hey everyone, remember Titan Tails? How much we love to acknowledge that that happened? Remember?

Ugh, Tails sounds like a kid from a 50s sitcom in that panel. GEE WILLIKERS, SONIC!

*pictures Tails in Beaver voice*

It's just... so... WRONG!! :(hearty laughter):
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:36 pm

SIZZLING SWATBOTS!~

SIZZLING SWATBOTS!~

SIZZLING SWATBOTS!~

Postby Luger » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:Like Titan Tails. Hey everyone, remember Titan Tails? How much we love to acknowledge that that happened? Remember?

As much as we detest remembering it, it is part of the canon and we can't rule that out, however much we hate it.

Kureejii Lea wrote:Ugh, Tails sounds like a kid from a 50s sitcom in that panel. GEE WILLIKERS, SONIC!

Yes, the dialogue in those days was pretty bad at times.

I think we're getting off topic though, given the thread title. It looks like in SU #12 Bill and Barby are kinda close, but they don't seem like a good pair. I always thought if anything, Walt and Barby would get together.
Luger
BumbleNoble

Postby Kaosu Reido » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:38 pm

Dimitri the Echidna wrote:
Kureejii Lea wrote:Like Titan Tails. Hey everyone, remember Titan Tails? How much we love to acknowledge that that happened? Remember?

As much as we detest remembering it, it is part of the canon and we can't rule that out, however much we hate it.

"Sonic? Sonic, stop drinking the water from Old Robotropolis, it's not safe. Sonic? Dangit, now he's hallucinating..."
Kaosu Reido
BumbleNoble

Postby mynameisofnoimportance » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:41 pm

Its a pity someone like Butler didn't draw the Titan Tails story. It would have made it a hundred times better than the cartoony over muscled atrocity we got instead.
mynameisofnoimportance
BumbleKnight

Postby Penguin God » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Actually, considering how the story is never really referenced before or after, and ends up changing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the canon, it could be explained away as just a weird dream Tails had.

A terrifying, horrible dream. And honestly, I doubt that any artist could have saved it.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Amir » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:47 pm

IanPotto wrote:Okay, let's stop the Barby/Tails wagon right here.

Aww, I like that pairing. :?

honestly, I dont see what the problem is. Barby's age has never really been stated so I always was under the impression she was around tails' age, a little older but not by much

on topic, is this out in comic stores already? I'm confused as to when its actually out? :?
Amir
BumbleKnight

Postby Kaosu Reido » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:52 pm

MarcusAmirKrim wrote:honestly, I dont see what the problem is. Barby's age has never really been stated so I always was under the impression she was around tails' age, a little older but not by much

She's the same height as other "fully grown" characters, she's curvy like the other 18 year old fems, and she's clearly way more mature.

She's definitely not near Tails' age.
Kaosu Reido
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius