Mega Man Cartoon by Man of Action in Development

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man Cartoon by Man of Action in Development

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:42 am

No Network yet but they're develop 26 episodes so this things on the way.

I'm not sure how to feel about Man of Action being in charge TBH. Ultimate Spider-Man's gotten better but it's still pretty meh in general.

I'm personally hoping they take more from the comics (Maybe throw Stern and Krantz or Tempo?) myself but still I'm interested.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Re: Mega Man Cartoon by Man of Action In Deveolpment

Postby DoNotDelete » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:53 am

Okay.

First thought: Is this just Capcom being silly because there's already a Mighty No. 9 cartoon in development?

Second thought: This will be interesting even if it is just Capcom being silly because of the Mighty No. 9 cartoon.

Third thought: If these two cartoons are on TV at the same time aren't viewers going to find it hard to differentiate between them? In a court of law would Beck and Mega Man be different enough from each other to be determined as separate and individual intellectual properties?

Fourth thought: Is this actually just an elaborate underhanded copyright infringement/intellectual property lawsuit ploy by Capcom? Hmmmmmm...

Get me some popcorn. There's trouble brewin' all up in here.
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby PC the Hedgehog » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:14 pm

If Man Of Action is looking to the 90's American Mega Man cartoon as a reference for how to make a new American Mega Man cartoon...hoo boy.
PC the Hedgehog
BumbleNoble

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:15 pm

new mega man cartoon....I WANT IT! I WANT IT NOW! Man of Action is doing it? I don't have a problem with it.

HOWEVER, I need them to get Collen Clinkenbeard to be the voice of Rock....& get Todd Haberkorn to be Blues. Do that, and all will be right in the world. :mrgreen:
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:20 pm

This is good news. More Megaman is always good. I wonder what approach they'll take. I can't imagine there'll be as much adaption decay as with the 90s show. Capcom just isn't like that anymore.

Hopefully this won't derail any plans for the comic. I'd hate the comic to have to change it's plans to accommodate a better-known TV show version.

I don't think Mighty No. 9 is a problem. I mean, MM's already based off Astroboy and Casshern.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby Archdeco » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:39 pm

If I know my Ian, he's giggling like a little girl right now because he knows something we don't.

We'll play your twisted game, you devil. For now.
Archdeco
BumbleFan

Postby ReifuTD » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:42 pm

Please be picked up by Netflix, Half because they don't have to worry about time slots and all that crap. But I betting Disney DX.

SonicBlueRanger wrote:I'm not sure how to feel about Man of Action being in charge TBH. Ultimate Spider-Man's gotten better but it's still pretty meh in general.

I believe they did both Avengers animated series as well witch I liked way better then series. I's kind of funny Ben 10 being a series basically about a boy with a ton of superpowers with an old man and his sister now doing a show about a boy with a ton of superpowers with an old man and his sister :(hearty laughter): .

Gauntlet101010 wrote:This is good news. More Megaman is always good. I wonder what approach they'll take. I can't imagine there'll be as much adaption decay as with the 90s show. Capcom just isn't like that anymore.

:x Resident Evil movies....
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Tcat » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:44 pm

A cartoon where Capcom is doing dick all with the IP? O....okay? Is that foreshadowing a game announcement at E3? o_0
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby TurboTailz » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:48 pm

This would be most interesting on how this plays out.
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:58 pm

I kinda hope it IS like the RS cartoon. I loved that show!

Oooh, what if it's a sequel series! They could introduce Bass or Duo and have a proper finale! Maybe even go to the X series!

...Did they say if it'd be Classic or X-related?
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Antiyonder » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:59 pm

I just hope they don't have Mega Man acting like a big jerk just to hammer in the fact that he's a kid.
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:03 pm

First: Awesome! It's great that blue bomber gets important again. It's not a game, but arguably it might be better than game.

Second: Good Lord, why Man of Action? From all the people, why they? Don't get me wrong, they did some cool stuff in a past with Ben 10 (which I'm actually a huge fan) and arguably with Generator Rex, but they replaced two greatest Marvel cartoons with lobotomized knock offs that just suck energy from movies and suck on their own!
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby lalalei2001 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:06 pm

From what i heard Avengers Assemble got really good later on.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:22 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:From what i heard Avengers Assemble got really good later on.

It did a little (but not even close to Avengers: Earht Mighties Heroes), so I gave second seasons another chance. But in the middle of the season they changed Big Bad from Thanos to Ultron (because you know, we must milk the movies. Let's add Ant Man to the team!) and things started to get worse from there. Heroes turned into idiots, plots were boring and overall I lost any interest that I had left in me.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby TurboTailz » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:41 pm

I wonder how the intro going to be like. Super fighting robot! Mega Man!
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!