Supernatural Elements in Mega Man

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Supernatural Elements in Mega Man

Postby Damo » Sun May 10, 2015 5:40 am

In a surprise twist the ghost is actually a mummy. And the mummy is actually a lion-man. And the lion-man is actually an ancient barbarian that got cursed with turn-everyone-into-lion-men vision.

Actually that's all pretty cliche, not a surprise twist at all.
Damo
BumbleKnight

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Sun May 10, 2015 11:12 pm

Ra Moon struck me as pretty supernatural at first-what with apparently spouting robots from nothing-but it occurs to me that it might just have the ability to convert data into matter. Mega Man 8's Evil Energy seems like dark magic as well-granting robots greater than normal power.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sun May 10, 2015 11:36 pm

There's "science so advanced it's like Magic" and then there ghosts, wizards, genies, and things like that. This thread's really mixed up in which is which. I suppose this is because there's very little actual supernatural stuff going on in MM.

But, since we've veered into "science = magic" there's a lot of that and I'll point some out rather than just being a wet blanket. Megaman was never really into making science that made sense; it's just a backdrop for a story. So you have things like free roaming viruses (X5). In fact Sigma himself is like a spirit - possessing Reploids to make them turn Maverick, possessing new bodies, stuff like that.

In Battle Network Megaman is Lan's actual brother, whose soul is made into a Navi. In a way, Megaman.EXE is a bona-fide ghost in the machine! And the exact same is true of Wily in the X series - his consciousness was transferred to Serges and Isoc.

Speaking of ghosts, Metal Shark Player and Phoenix Magnion summon deceased Reploids for attacks.

Every robot is kind of like making a golem - an artificial human being.

And if "science = magic" We do have a lot of "pulling a rabbit out of a hat" going on with a lot of Master Weapons. MM generates bombs, blades, leaves, and may other projectiles out of thin air. As if by magic. Magicians frequently pull things out of thin air as part of their act.

Teleportation is another magic feat that can be done in every MM game.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!