STH#265 "Control" Part 2 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: STH#265 "Control" Part 2 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:34 am

GentlemanX wrote:
009* wrote:Kinda surprised to see a kid Sonic. I thought Sega had a problem with the book showing a younger version of Sonic, since it would make him look aged or something.

I think the flash back gets away with it because he's on model with Modern Sonic's current look. Take away young Sally and it could pass for any picture of Sonic.
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Dang... I would really, really have hoped that one would've gone to the good guys.

It is just an off panel, doesn't need to mean anything significant.

Oh, it was Off Panel? I must have misread; I thought it was part of the back-up story or epilogue.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Chauvel » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:46 am

Spoiler: show

Oh my gosh... Thunderbolt being grabbed... I need to animate this later.

I wonder what kind of voice she'll have if this was an animated cartoon? I was thinking high pitched and squeaky but maybe that would be too easy?
Chauvel
BumbleCitizen

Postby akessel92 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:07 am

Scarz wrote:

Oh my gosh... Thunderbolt being grabbed... I need to animate this later.

I wonder what kind of voice she'll have if this was an animated cartoon? I was thinking high pitched and squeaky but maybe that would be too easy?

I imagine her with the same voice as that evil dog from "Up" with the broken voice collar.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:15 am

I imagine her with Kirsten Shaal's (Mabel Pines on Gravity Falls) voice but like very angry.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby sonicfoamyfan9805 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:31 pm

welp thunderbolt passes as an eggman fan with that look.
sonic's werehog vision kinda makes think of zodic the H.E double hockey sticks hog from that dreamcast horror game illbleed.
the omochao gun is a nice a touch but with that sonic power cannon there i realy, realy hope they dont go into space any time soon.
sonicfoamyfan9805
BumbleNewbie

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:56 pm

akessel92 wrote:
Kureejii Lea wrote:
Xeric wrote:That green mane on Thunderbolt is very distracting and out of place. Who's idea was that..? It's horrendous. Surely a white mane would of more than sufficed.

*cough*

Dunno if it makes a difference, but I was thinking a much lighter/softer green for that...

I do think lighter green would've sufficed. But to ask for word of God, what creature is thunderbolt exactly?

She's a chinchilla. A vicious, ruthless chinchilla.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby TrueBlueAlli » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:06 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:
akessel92 wrote:
Kureejii Lea wrote:
Xeric wrote:That green mane on Thunderbolt is very distracting and out of place. Who's idea was that..? It's horrendous. Surely a white mane would of more than sufficed.

*cough*

Dunno if it makes a difference, but I was thinking a much lighter/softer green for that...

I do think lighter green would've sufficed. But to ask for word of God, what creature is thunderbolt exactly?

She's a chinchilla. A vicious, ruthless chinchilla.

...So, when Dr. R fires her, do we get to see this?

Spoiler-ed for size. Pic credit: funnycutepics.com
TrueBlueAlli
BumbleFan

Postby Shadowthehedgehog » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:24 pm

My first issue as apart of my subscription, so guud.
Shadowthehedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby SimonSays » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:50 pm

I really liked this issue, just as great as part one. I really like this Mighty, but it's also really clear he's NOT old Mighty. Part of me misses how sweet the old one was, but I'm really intrigued about this one and his history with controlling his anger. They make a lot of references to Mighty overcoming that part of him, and it's got me really curious about how he used to be.

Seeing Sonic ACTUALLY get affected by the Dark Gaia in his system was a real treat, and I'm soo glad they're not just glossing over it like Unleashed did. Unleashed just gave him cleets and lots of hair each night- we never saw his mood really change in the game. And the way they showed him misinterpreting everyone's words was brilliant.

And I still love Tyson Hesse's art. I truly wish we could have his art in every issue, it brings a new liveliness to the characters. Every joke lands and all the characters expressions are amazing. Thunderbolt, man. My mind filled in the squeak toy noise when she got grabbed all on its own.

I still feel like both this issue and the last could've stood to take up the entire issue and cut out the backups completely, but they were fun for what they were.

But on the topic of the backup in this issue, while it's not the best by any measure, it's leaps and bounds better than what we had last month. I liked the dialogue and we at least learned a little bit more about the Sky Patrol. And it set up the Tails Doll coming back (which I find a little questionable this time around because we already did this? Subtle? The Tails Doll isn't a surprise anymore.) I thought it was nice to see that Rotor thinks fancy bidets and comic libraries are cooler than weapons, and where his priorities are. It's actually kind of surprising to me because I always thought he was the big weapons guy and enjoyed doing that the most. So yeah, it could've been better and I would've rather had the page space go towards the main story. But I'll take this over what we had last time any day. It was something fun and silly and not that important, but it did enough new stuff to not feel like a waste of time. I liked it.
SimonSays
BumbleNoble

Postby Lamontraccoon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:01 am

I'm debating if I like Sonic being effected by dark gaia as far as his mood. The way the game explained it away I thought was more telling on Sonic's character. Seeing that his will is THAT strong to withstand the forces of the dark. So seeing him effected like this is jarring. Don't get me wrong I like it. I wished the game did SOMETHING like that, but when they gave me that reason in the game it made me look at Sonic completely different. Like he stood out to me as he doesn't break when the rest of the world DOES. I'm keeping my eye on the stories here and enjoying where they are going.

It's just a little odd seeing him effected, but I'm used to him not being effected by DG.
Lamontraccoon
BumbleFan

Postby Toby » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:59 am

At the same time, Sonic in the comic has always been less pure and angelic as game Sonic, at least until Colors graced the world.
Toby
BumbleNoble

Postby Shadowthehedgehog » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:39 am

Plus, I think it's actually more effective for him to be affected than not, simply because Sonic is too awesome.
Shadowthehedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:42 am

Toby wrote:At the same time, Sonic in the comic has always been less pure and angelic as game Sonic, at least until Colors graced the world.

Which is why I'll always be confused why people hate Sonic's personailty in Colors, Generations and Lost World. He's acting like Sonic for the first time in forever.

Don't get me wrong Sonic's a hero but he's also kind of a lovable jerk he's been like that in literally everything except the games until Colors. But when the games do it it's the worst thing imaginable and ruins Sonic as a character. Even though "Mascot with an Additude" was the entire pitch behind the character to begin with.

I don't get it.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Toby » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:28 am

Agreed on all accounts.
Toby
BumbleNoble

Postby apprentice manta » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:37 am

I liked Sonic's personality in Colors too, laughed at several of his jokes. (Yeah even Baldy McNosehair got a chuckle outta me.) I'm not expecting the wittiest hero ever, just someone a bit more impatient & snarky than Heroes Sonic. I think at his core, Sonic to me is someone brave who helps others, but also has an ego + a big mouth so sometimes he comes across as mean. But he's still a good guy.
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius