Is Scourge gone as well?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Is Scourge gone as well?

Postby FoxsDumbSeriesMaker » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:27 pm

I don't normally ask questions like this, but I'm a little confused. According to Scourge's background information on his Mobius Encyclopedia page, it states that "a recent conversation with Ian Flynn reveals that Scourge is apparently off-limits due to the fact that Penders 'created' the basic idea for the character."

I've tried looking for evidence on this, but I can't find anything. Does anyone know if this is true or not?
FoxsDumbSeriesMaker
BumbleCitizen

Re: Is Scourge gone as well?

Postby SynjoDeonecros » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:32 pm

FoxsDumbSeriesMaker wrote:I don't normally ask questions like this, but I'm a little confused. According to Scourge's background information on his Mobius Encyclopedia page, it states that "a recent conversation with Ian Flynn reveals that Scourge is apparently off-limits due to the fact that Penders 'created' the basic idea for the character."

I've tried looking for evidence on this, but I can't find anything. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

On this site, there's a mention of Penders "creating" Anti-Mobius and all of the characters within, before saying that there's no way he could lay claim to them, being derivatives of the original characters... but recently it has an addendum saying "oh the irony", which I got confused of, as well. Between this and your discovery of the Mobius Encyclopedia page saying he's off limits, I think there's a little bit of precedent saying that it's true, but I wouldn't want to be quoted on that.
SynjoDeonecros
BumbleKnight

Re: Is Scourge gone as well?

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:33 pm

1) I've been asked not to comment on that.

2) Nobody else knows for sure.

3) We've had threads devoted to this that ran themselves into the ground and festered for months.

Sorry, but this kind of question can go nowhere, and I've done this dance a lot around here lately.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Return to This Side of Mobius