The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby FritzyBeat » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:40 am

RyuTheWeredragon wrote:Do I think he would have attempted to atone? Yeah, his character arc was going that way - provided that he wasn't lost forever in Naugus's psyche, which seemed just as likely.

Would anyone fully accept it? Probably not. Combine what was learned at trial, to him being let off by treason by his boss (simply because he was working for him), and all his actions throughout the comic... I'd say that very few of the characters would end up accepting this. At best, he'd probably have to serve the original sentence he would have gotten.

Perhaps, but lets keep in mind what comic this is. This isn't Batman we're talking about here after all XP

This being a Sonic Comic, and looking at Sonic's iconic personality and character, I would guess that Geoff would probably be forgiven if he had come completely clean. He very well may have still received a jail sentence, but chances are, he would have been back on the battlefield alongside Sonic pretty quickly =3
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:10 pm

Was it ever mentioned what happened to Silver post-crossover?
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby GentlemanX » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:17 pm

All we know about Silver is that the last time he was in the present on Mobius Prime 2 was for the events of Sonic Colors DS. We know nothing besides that.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Spoiler: show
I think it'd be great if there was a Silver Arc in Universe where he wakes up Post-Worlds Collide to a world run by Mammoth Mogul.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby GentlemanX » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:00 pm

If they can still use Mogul.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:02 pm

Mogul isn't a Penders(?)

Also, I could've sworn Ian said as early as just before the crossover that Silver would still be in present post-crossover. I wonder if that still applies here?

I think it'd be plausible for Silver to still remember the old world, because of his time-traveling making him immune or something.
Last edited by TheFatPanda on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Dimzjak » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:03 pm

-
Last edited by Dimzjak on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dimzjak
BumbleNoble

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:29 pm

As much as I'm ADMITTEDLY on edge about that, I'm going to try to hope for the best. I can't say I'm expecting the worst either, but I'm prepared for it. I feel that's the best one can do.
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:14 am

TO CLARIFY!

...as best I can right now.

The original plan for the "mysterious figure" was for it to be Hershey. She was replaced with Leeta and Lyco during development, and there was no way to change the solicit. Understand that the solicits go out way in advance because Diamond holds the entire comic industry in an iron fist.

I know the topic's moved on, but I didn't want the confusion to linger.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:48 am

Ian Flynn wrote:TO CLARIFY!

...as best I can right now.

The original plan for the "mysterious figure" was for it to be Hershey. She was replaced with Leeta and Lyco during development, and there was no way to change the solicit. Understand that the solicits go out way in advance because Diamond holds the entire comic industry in an iron fist.

I know the topic's moved on, but I didn't want the confusion to linger.

:shock: Oh... my... god...

I knew it. I just KNEW it! I knew that thing about Leeta and Lyco being the mysterious figure was to fishy! ;) I wish you could tell us this much earlier.

It's also a shame how your plans for Hershey were cut. :(
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby Zack_GLC » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:03 am

Grrrr I hate hearing about these cancelled plans. So much potential for awesomeness.
Zack_GLC
BumbleNoble

Postby GentlemanX » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:03 am

Very interesting. And the fact Hershey was in fact alive adds so many more possibilities for that to go.

Why oh why wasn't she included? That kind of development is EXACTLY what "Loyalty" needed to not be a retread of "Reigning Cats and Dogs". Just more Pendering stuff or was there an unrelated reason?

Zack_GLC wrote:Grrrr I hate hearing about these cancelled plans. So much potential for awesomeness.

I actually welcome hearing cancelled plans. Sure, it's frustrating as heck, but I like knowing how writers intended to take the characters, similar to how I enjoyed reading what Penders and Bollers were cooking up when each of them left.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby DabigRG » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:19 am

GentlemanX wrote:Why oh why wasn't she included? That kind of development is EXACTLY what "Loyalty" needed to not be a retread of "Reigning Cats and Dogs". Just more Pendering stuff or was there an unrelated reason?

I highly doubt that if Mr. Penders had something to do with it, he would've just banned use of Hershey while Geoffrey and Lien-Da still had one more appearance planned. If I had to guess, it was likely downplayed to promote the Wolf Twins part in the SFF arc, since that's the only worthwhile thing to come out of that story, outside of Tails placing a tracker and Lupe and the Cat Queen showing they at least know to keep a leveled head when their people can't.

Also, the blue twin beating up Drago. :(hearty laughter):
Zack_GLC wrote:I actually welcome hearing cancelled plans. Sure, it's frustrating as heck, but I like knowing how writers intended to take the characters, similar to how I enjoyed reading what Penders and Bollers were cooking up when each of them left.

Not to mention the fanfic potential!
:| ...for people who actually do that, anyway.
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:31 am

It was probably because she was a special case in the copyright battle.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby DabigRG » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:35 am

Who drew those history pages of the Great War in the encyclopedia?
Penguin God wrote:It was probably because she was a special case in the copyright battle.

Again, Geoffrey and LienDa went untouched; Rob actually had a cover and, thanks to Dub's DA page, an offpanel ready for his appearance, so what's your point?
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius