Mega Man #33 preview

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man #33 preview

Postby Sockie » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:50 am

The critically acclaimed Mega Man series continues with the dramatic, action-packed epilogue to the 'Blackout: The Curse of Ra Moon' storyline in, 'Unplugged'! The battle against the sinister alien being known as Ra Moon has ended, and Mega Man's final fate remains in doubt! With major repairs looming, and Rock's future as a super fighting robot in question, Dr. Light must work to restore our hero to his former glory. This may be a job that even Dr. Light can't handle, but at least he's got some help from his trusty pal Dr. Wily. Wait! Why on earth is the evil scientist helping to save the Blue Bomber? And how far will Dr. Wily go to remain free? Featuring cover art from Brent McCarthy and a special variant cover from Mega Man artist supreme Patrick 'SPAZ' Spaziante!

Another one-off issue? I really hope this means we're not going back to "nothing but four-issue arcs!" after all.
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Re: Mega Man #33 preview

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:14 pm

No. This one off issue will give us a really nice explanation as to WHY Dr. Wily was helping Dr. Light in MM3 AND lead us into the MM3 arc.

Well done, Ian! You think of everything!
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:17 pm

Surely they're not going to go into another 4-issue arc after this, it would throw the graphic novels out of whack.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Sockie » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:23 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:No. This one off issue will give us a really nice explanation as to WHY Dr. Wily was helping Dr. Light in MM3 AND lead us into the MM3 arc.

Well done, Ian! You think of everything!

As FatPanda just said, why do one issue in between two four-issue arcs? That still goes against the layout of the series so far.
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicSoul » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Or the next three issues after #33 could be one-off as well.

But wow, #32's solicit was no exaggeration regarding Mega Man not getting out unscathed. And as Harlock speculated in another forum.

Spoiler: show
Wily being allowed to help Mega Man's inner workings could be a bit of foreshadowing/explanation as to how he'll eventually make Bass.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby RadRed89 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:23 pm

I know it's not necessarily being presented that way, but this issue technically makes the Ra Moon story a six issue arc. That's cool. 8)

That cover is all kinds of awesome. Seriously. Well done, Brent McCarthy. That might actually be my favorite cover from the entire series so far.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:58 pm

Oh my God not only is Brent McCarthy doing a marvelous cover but interiors too. Can it be January now, please?
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby DBlack » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:04 pm

This is all kinds of awesome. And if there are a couple of standalones - well, that's fine. We can see the world picking up after the blackout. Having Wily work with Light a while would be a great way to show flashbacks to how he was banned from robotics. And there's nothing saying that there can't be a prologue segueing into the MM3 adaptation.

EDITED TO ADD: Hey, where did you find the solicit, by the way? Can't seem to find it anywhere else.
DBlack
BumbleNewbie

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:04 pm

I don't mind one off issues or two parter issues that LEAD UP to the MM3 story arc instead of the random issues we had. Why would we have a problem with this? Gives us more showing and not telling.

Oh, but people have problem with development these days, that must be why. D|
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Sockie » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:06 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:I don't mind one off issues or two parter issues that LEAD UP to the MM3 story arc instead of the random issues we had. Why would we have a problem with this? Gives us more showing and not telling.

Oh, but people have problem with development these days, that must be why. D|

Where did anyone say they have a problem with this? I certainly didn't.
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby Spin » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:50 pm

I want to see some old men Light and Wily bromance, even if Wily is faking it on his end. The longer Wily is seen as a good guy, the better I say. Not in a hurry to see the MM3 adaption at all. Especially if the MM2 Robot Masters survive, could be our only chance at seeing them bond with Mega Man and the MM1 Robot Masters.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:52 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Oh my God not only is Brent McCarthy doing a marvelous cover but interiors too. Can it be January now, please?

Nope, Brent's only doing the cover.

EDIT: On second thought - I don't think he is. I could've sworn someone else was. But maybe things were changed since I last heard. We'll find out together!
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby The KKM » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Could be that they've decided to change the trades from 4 issues to 6. Would be a really smart decision.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:32 pm

Interesting...
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby ClareSilver47 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:09 pm

I like this cover, it's almost creepy and really in line with the arc
In fact, I look forward to reading and owning this entire arc of MM
ClareSilver47