MM#24 - Spoilers & Discussion (WWC 1/12)

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: MM#24 - Spoilers & Discussion (WWC 1/12)

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:29 pm

I'm kind of interested in how the Blue Emerald made it to Mega Man's world in the first place, but that explanation can wait. I'm still waiting for one on how the Green Emerald wound up in the Sol Zone. :P
The Shadow Emperor

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:32 pm

The Shadow Emperor wrote:I'm kind of interested in how the Blue Emerald made it to Mega Man's world in the first place, but that explanation can wait. I'm still waiting for one on how the Green Emerald wound up in the Sol Zone. :P

Yeah the Green Emerald is interesting.

But the Blue Emerald, I'm assuming the Genesis wave displaced it, and I'd bet it will happen again.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby 009* » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:34 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:My original theory was that the Nocturnus took it, because Ian was working on adding the Nocturnus to the canon around that time.

EDIT: Ian probably just got rid of it to explain why Eggman couldn't reset the world again, working to find a point sometime later. The people who wrote Reboot did this kind of plot hook all the time. Season 2 had a scene where Enzo says his dad destroyed the twin city, but we didn't learn what happened until Season 4. They didn't even know they would get to go past Season 2 at that point and were just throwing plot points out there

I was hoping that the blue emerald was somehow damaged from all the reality warping and ended up dematerializing into the roboticizer's energy and fused with Sally, becoming too dormant for anyone to detect.
009*
BumbleKnight

Postby Acrosurge » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:25 pm

RadRed89 wrote:On the issue of Proto Man catching the vault door though. When you consider that in the opening for Mega Man 10 Mega Man catches Wily's saucer thing with no visible difficulty, then it probably wouldn't be that hard for Proto Man to catch a metal door.
In the canon, Mega Man's strength is rated at no less than 1500 horsepower. Not only has Rock caught Wily's saucer with no trouble, but he can also lift giant robots like Wily's supermechasaurus and knock over three-story machines like the Yellow Devil and the Mecha Dragon with a punch (Power Fighters). He has also caught Wily's collapsing fortress (at its foundation) to prevent it from crushing Dr. Light. Likewise, Proto Man lifted the same load to give Mega Man and Light time to escape (Mega Man 5).

Yeah, Mega Man and Proto Man are powerhouses, even though the comic has yet to really show off their physical strength. Its in the games from time to time.
Acrosurge
BumbleFan

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:54 pm

In the first arc Roll was shown lifting a big metal plate or tile the size of sheetrock. Although if she was a robot in real life I don't this that would have been possible with the way she was holding it. Lifting has as much to do with balince as it does with power so size and shape makes a big diffrance. I could see Rock and Blues holding something up like jacks but jacks don't have multable parts that bend the slide and I don't think they where built to work jacks. Maybe Rock? so again in the real world they would crush and pop cans.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:11 am

009* wrote:
Ian Flynn wrote:
The Shadow Emperor wrote:
Dejimon11 wrote:Heres something i want to know. Was the blue chaos emerald intended to be transported in the mega man world or was this something that was added at the last minute?

I reckon Ian's plans changed for the Emerald the second he learned he'd be doing a crossover.

The Blue Chaos Emerald went missing. It became the key to the crossover where two iconic blue heroes meet.

Sometimes, Fate writes the plot point. I just roll with it.

So if the crossover wasn't greenlit, where would the Emerald have gone?

It was still in the early concept stage, but the ocean.

There are still plans for the ocean, but now they're very different. You'll see after the crossover.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Bean » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:13 am

I just read through this now while the inner-child within me went wild. Yeah, this whole Worlds Collide thing is off to a great start. You got Wily and Eggman showing their unusual friendship that I'm totally sure won't ever be a battle of egos when the good guys finally take a foothold while Mega and Sonic are starting up their own battle. Not sure how long it will be until we get back that battle with the awesome way that part one ended, but I already know I'm going to have so much fun doing the preview pages for this whole arc just for the variety of music at my fingertips for this.

Only gripe is a small one. Isn't the expression "Hear, hear!" instead of "Here, here!"? Anyhoo, I can't wait to see where this goes. Not sure yet if I'm going to pick up the comics individually for the ones I'm not subscribed to or just wait for the graphic novels and pick them all up in one swoop. Either way, yeah, you got me pumped for this whole crossover. Good job on the art, dialogue, and storyline for this issue!
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby Big Al Son » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:08 am

I've workout the schedule of how weekly/bi-weekly would each issue title is released/shipped and spread out to each other. For this cross-over.

. Starts with Mega Man
. Fortnight later - Sonic Universe
. Fortnight later - Sonic the Hedgehog
. Then a week later - back to Mega Man

So you seen the pattern. You would have to expect a fortnight gap for Sonic Universe, before and after.
Big Al Son
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:38 am

Ian Flynn wrote:
009* wrote:So if the crossover wasn't greenlit, where would the Emerald have gone?

There are still plans for the ocean, but now they're very different. You'll see after the crossover.

No Offence but I'm glad the crossover ended up happening because honestly that's sounds like a lame solution.

Oh where oh where could the Blue Chaos Emerald be? Did it transport to another Zone? Does Fiest have it? Nope it's in the Ocean. Granted that's a lot of space it could be lost in but still it's just a bland solution compared to "It was shot past the Sonic Multiverse into a completely different one.

Anyway I got the issue yesterday and I loved it I can't wait to see where this is going.

Honestly I'm way more interested in the crossover between Eggman and Wily right now than Sonic and Mega Man. I do wonder if any comic stuff has happened on Sonic's (New) World or if it's all Game stuff though?
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:00 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Ian Flynn wrote:
009* wrote:So if the crossover wasn't greenlit, where would the Emerald have gone?

No Offence but I'm glad the crossover ended up happening because honestly that's sounds like a lame solution.

Oh where oh where could the Blue Chaos Emerald be? Did it transport to another Zone? Does Fiest have it? Nope it's in the Ocean. Granted that's a lot of space it could be lost in but still it's just a bland solution compared to "It was shot past the Sonic Multiverse into a completely different one.

Anyway I got the issue yesterday and I loved it I can't wait to see where this is going.

Honestly I'm way more interested in the crossover between Eggman and Wily right now than Sonic and Mega Man. I do wonder if any comic stuff has happened on Sonic's (New) World or if it's all Game stuff though?

It seems to be very genesis like, and Ian expressed his intention to make this arc non-canon in interviews, so I'm assuming just game stuff
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Astrobot7000 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:37 pm

Well, the fact that it is woven into the narrative of both Mega Man and Sonic the Hedgehog makes it canon, at least as canon as Genesis is. If something happened, it happened. Even if no one remembers it or it didn't impact the prime reality. So the fact that it is happening and was hinted at in the narrative of both books makes it canon. Whether or not it matters or has any real impact after the crossover is different though.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:19 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:It was still in the early concept stage, but the ocean.

Late...April Fools Joke...?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby GentlemanX » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Got the issue today.

Really fun prologue. Eggman and Wily are a joy to read from the very moment they appear. Art, colors, plot, dialogue; everything is in tip top shape in classic Ian form. Not all that much else to say since the story's just getting started. Don't mind the Genesis Wave being used now. There was a logical reason behind it, giving the characters new memories, so its makes perfect sense to use it. A plot device that makes perfect logical sense, will wonders never cease?

If I had to nitpick, two things. One, I'm unsure how the pair managed to capture Shadow... but would really be interested in SEEING how they captured him. I feel there was an epic battle here, and I do hope we get to see something to that effect later. And two, Green Hill and the classic stages always look so out of place in the comics. They worked fairly good in Genesis, but I attribute that to magic Spaz powers. Here they really clash with Sonic and Mega Man. I don't know, it's rendered accurately, but it just looks so two-dimensional. Maybe Generations' Green Hill would be better? (I know its the same place, but you know what I mean)

But a really great start, looking forward to part two!
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:31 pm

You guys make it sound like falling in the water is the beginning and end of whatever Ian had in mind.

I'm particularly disappointed, considering how many fans
Spoiler: show
Bivalve
seems to have around here.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:07 pm

Got the issue today & all I can say is: AWEEEEEEEEEEEESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMENESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!