Free Comic Book Day 2012 Thread

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Free Comic Book Day 2012 Thread

Postby DubleDuce » Sun May 06, 2012 7:40 pm

I can only wonder if Cream and Bunnie are somehow long lost relatives in the Prime Zone as well, and they don't find out until much later, like Hope and Snively did.

Heck, if we ever get to visit the Southern Baronies, I imagine someone will end up making the connection.
DubleDuce
BumbleCitizen

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun May 06, 2012 7:43 pm

DubleDuce wrote:I can only wonder if Cream and Bunnie are somehow long lost relatives in the Prime Zone as well, and they don't find out until much later, like Hope and Snively did.

Heck, if we ever get to visit the Southern Baronies, I imagine someone will end up making the connection.

Nope. Genesis!Mobius is something else altogether. Prime!Bunnie and Prime!Cream are completely unrelated.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby DubleDuce » Sun May 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:
DubleDuce wrote:I can only wonder if Cream and Bunnie are somehow long lost relatives in the Prime Zone as well, and they don't find out until much later, like Hope and Snively did.

Nope. Genesis!Mobius is something else altogether. Prime!Bunnie and Prime!Cream are completely unrelated.

Oho! All this world building for Genesis!Mobius is making me think that the original "Genesis" arc is not the last we'll see of that world...

Of course, I may be reading way too much into this, which happens all too often. :P
DubleDuce
BumbleCitizen

Postby Shamaalthedog » Mon May 07, 2012 10:07 am

Thanks for the summary, Panda.
Shamaalthedog
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon May 07, 2012 12:26 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
Scruffy wrote:I got mine - was greeted at the entrance by Iron Man, and then I had to choose which 2 comics I wanted (and what flavour Chupa Chup :D). I took the Sonic one and the Star Wars/Serenity comic, which drew a nice parallel betwen Mal Reynolds and Han Solo
Spoiler: show
as well as River Tam and Chewbacca.
I always said that Captain Mal was pretty much Han Solo before he joined the Rebel Alliance. :)

The extra insight into what the other characters experience during Genesis was interesting. It raises the question of what others such as Lien-Da, Geoffrey and Naugus went through. Clearly something hit Naugus hard during Genesis.

Your recap lacks the important details, sir.

What flavor of Chupa Chup did you get?

...and, for that matter, what the heck is a Chupa Chup?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

They're lollipops. And they're aaaaawesoooome :P

Ohhhhhh... Chupa Chups! I recognize them now. I just don't think I've ever called them by name.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Scourge160 » Mon May 07, 2012 5:58 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
Scruffy wrote:I got mine - was greeted at the entrance by Iron Man, and then I had to choose which 2 comics I wanted (and what flavour Chupa Chup :D). I took the Sonic one and the Star Wars/Serenity comic, which drew a nice parallel betwen Mal Reynolds and Han Solo
I always said that Captain Mal was pretty much Han Solo before he joined the Rebel Alliance. :)

The extra insight into what the other characters experience during Genesis was interesting. It raises the question of what others such as Lien-Da, Geoffrey and Naugus went through. Clearly something hit Naugus hard during Genesis.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Ohhhhhh... Chupa Chups! I recognize them now. I just don't think I've ever called them by name.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
Those suckers look vaguely familiar. Can't say I've seen 'em recently. I got my FCBD Sonic. I haven't gotten a chance to read the backstories yet. I got 3 other FCBD comics: Spiderman, Mega Man, and Voltron.
Scourge160
BumbleNoble

Postby Scruffy » Mon May 07, 2012 7:24 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Are you ready for the big reveal?

I got a cola flavoured one.
:)
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue May 08, 2012 1:46 am

Ew, you sick, sick man... :P

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Scruffy » Tue May 08, 2012 7:35 am

I pulled a lemon-lime one out of the box first. Then I shrieked in horror and chose the cola one instead. :D
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue May 08, 2012 2:57 pm

Never been a fan of cola-flavored candies. Cola, yes-- Coke, Pepsi, and even RC.

Then again, it has been a while... maybe my tastes have changed.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Tsurugi » Tue May 08, 2012 3:09 pm

Well, if it helps, the cola Chupa Chups don't have any fiz like the drinks do
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble

Postby Luger » Tue May 08, 2012 3:12 pm

I did not pick up this issue on the actual FCBD. Then I found out it featured some brief glimpses into what some of the other characters experienced during and after Genesis. I was really disappointed when I picked up the issue yesterday to find all of the new content was simply text. :?
Luger
BumbleNoble

Postby Matt7325 » Wed May 09, 2012 5:23 am

Yeah, I hate getting stuff for free too.
Matt7325
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed May 09, 2012 10:53 am

Oh wow Luger complained about something stupid. It must be a day of the week.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Penguin God » Wed May 09, 2012 11:39 am

Actually I was sort of disappointed too. When I heard there was new content, I thought it meant new comic pages. The little essays are cute, but they weren't really enough to justify getting the issue twice. If it had just been a straight reprint I wouldn't care (I don't mind not being catered to), but there was a little bit of misleading going on here.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius