Free Comic Book Day 2012 Thread

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Free Comic Book Day 2012 Thread

Postby Sylex » Fri May 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Sadly, I learned my comic shop is not participating in FCBD,and the nearest one is 100 miles away. I know I'm not missing much since they're just reprints, but still...
Sylex
BumbleNoble

Postby SCKnightHero » Fri May 04, 2012 9:26 pm

Tomorrow is the big day! This is my first FCBD. A friend of mine invited me to join him and his son to this year's FCBD.
SCKnightHero
BumbleNewbie

Postby TheFatPanda » Sat May 05, 2012 10:42 am

FCBD has just come and gone for me. I snagged myself the Sonic and Mega Man issues, and also purchased the first Mega Man grahic novel while I was at it, because, why not?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Morgil » Sat May 05, 2012 12:03 pm

Yeah! <sings>I got them! I got them!

One thing i noticed in the Bonus section of the Sonic FCBD book, though: Under Bunnie's section, in the first paragraph, it says "All around her were mobians". Then, two sentences later, it says "She was the only Mobian in the prison egg, and the little animals looked to her for guidance". Sooooo, basically first she's with other mobians, but then she's not? What are the little animals, then? And to make it more confusing, a few paragraphs down, it mentions that Cream is with her (though nice touch on making them cousins). Am i misreading something? I'm confused.
Morgil
BumbleCitizen

Postby Staf » Sat May 05, 2012 5:14 pm

I stopped by after work and it was too late. Everything was already gone. Come on, Ian! Be a hero! :D
Staf
BumbleFan

Postby Knuxtiger4 » Sat May 05, 2012 7:12 pm

I got my copy as well. The first comic book store I went to as less the the size of my room and the selection was very few. They didn't have Sonic comics which made me go on a mad dash to the other comic book shop around 20 minutes away. There they had the Sonic comic and I also picked up Megaman and Sonic Select 5. I always feel awkward going into shops all the time because I'm a girl. :P

I should have picked up a few extra copies, I had the idea after I left the store. :c I would have been more than glad to help a few people out here.
Knuxtiger4
BumbleCitizen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Morgil wrote:Yeah! <sings>I got them! I got them!

One thing i noticed in the Bonus section of the Sonic FCBD book, though: Under Bunnie's section, in the first paragraph, it says "All around her were mobians". Then, two sentences later, it says "She was the only Mobian in the prison egg, and the little animals looked to her for guidance". Sooooo, basically first she's with other mobians, but then she's not? What are the little animals, then? And to make it more confusing, a few paragraphs down, it mentions that Cream is with her (though nice touch on making them cousins). Am i misreading something? I'm confused.

Can't speak to the first part at the moment (except that I think the non-Mobian animals are Flickies, aren't they?), but I thought it said Cream was somewhere else and Bunnie was just worried for her.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Zack_GLC » Sat May 05, 2012 8:21 pm

I got the sonic issue but missed Megaman...
Zack_GLC
BumbleNoble

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Sat May 05, 2012 8:25 pm

Out of curiosity, is there a letters page in the Sonic FCBD?
The Shadow Emperor

Postby Zack_GLC » Sat May 05, 2012 8:26 pm

The Shadow Emperor wrote:Out of curiosity, is there a letters page in the Sonic FCBD?

Nope.
Zack_GLC
BumbleNoble

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Sat May 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Zack_GLC wrote:
The Shadow Emperor wrote:Out of curiosity, is there a letters page in the Sonic FCBD?

Nope.

I suspected as much. Thanks for clarifying, man. :)
The Shadow Emperor

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat May 05, 2012 10:28 pm

Morgil wrote:Yeah! <sings>I got them! I got them!

Double-checked that just now. Huh. Looks like it was "corrected" from the final version I turned in.

The first occurrence is supposed to read "mobinis." The term would later be clarified in the Who's Who.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Ziggyfin » Sat May 05, 2012 10:45 pm

Zack_GLC wrote:I got the sonic issue but missed Megaman...

Same. I was really excited for that one too, I really loved the cover. If only I got to the store sooner...oh wait, I was watching a private screening of the Avengers.
Ziggyfin
BumbleNoble

Postby shigamado » Sat May 05, 2012 11:13 pm

Zack_GLC wrote:I got the sonic issue but missed Megaman...

No loss. It's an exact reprint of #1 with no extras.
shigamado
BumbleClan

Postby BlueBlur » Sat May 05, 2012 11:14 pm

I was there and had a blast with the other Sonic fans--and Ian himself.

I hope to post my video... next Sunday maybe?
BlueBlur
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius