Daily Dose of Ian - For Inquisitive Minds!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Dirk Amoeba » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:22 pm

IanPotto wrote:Incorrect. [buzzer noise] Joe Edkin's thread at Sonic HQ explains that Sonic X is under an anime-only mandate. The Sonic 1 elements of SX#10-11 were the exception to the rule. Nothing that hasn't been shown in the anime - including game material - can pop up in SX. That means no SX-Nack, no SX-Mighty, etc. etc.

This occurred to me the other day: what of Chocoloa Chao? Through his association with Cream and Cheese, he is unusable in StH, and because of his absence from the Sonic X anime, he is excluded from SX.

The ONLY solution is to give him his own series. It's only fair!
Dirk Amoeba
BumbleFan

Hello!

Postby Ed Bellis » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:17 pm

Hi! First-time poster here, long-time reader of the book (since issue #3, actually). I have to say I've ben pulled back into the fandom by you, Mr. Flynn; you are every bit the breath of fresh air this comic needed, and I have great faith you're going to do great things for Sonic. =)

Now, onto my question - it's kind of complicated, so I hope I phrase it right:

Anonymous seemed to imply in 164 that everything in TDS went according to plan - except that Sonic wasn't "eliminated." So here's my question: why didn't this event occur? Anonymous seemed to get his way through acute awareness of how others would react in given situations, so who behaved outside of their parameters (fun metaphor, given who Anonymous is =P) and screwed up the plan? Basically, what I want to know is why Anonymous expected Sonic to be eliminated, and what deviated from his plan to make this not occur.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do all this. You're amazingly dedicated to the fandom, and I know fans (myself included) appreciate it. Thanks again! =)
Ed Bellis
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:22 pm

sonicxfactor wrote:Ian now that the Egg pawns are now part of Robotniks arsenal as well as the SWAT Bots will you be adding the robots (the ones from the Tokyo Game Show trailer and the crab like ones) from Sonic06 into Robotniks arsenal?

Maybe one day. From what I've seen of the game, I'm in no rush. While intimidating, they lack the character of the Egg Pawns, or even the SWAT Bots. Maybe there's something we haven't see yet.

sonicxfactor wrote:Also will you be introducing the Shadow Androids from the Shadow game into the comic?

No plans for that right now.

Dirk Amoeba wrote:This occurred to me the other day: what of Chocoloa Chao? Through his association with Cream and Cheese, he is unusable in StH, and because of his absence from the Sonic X anime, he is excluded from SX.

Yup - the same thing goes for G-Mel, which upsets me more since G-Mel has some serious potential. But it looks like they're joining the ranks of "new single-use characters."

Eric Bell wrote:Anonymous seemed to imply in 164 that everything in TDS went according to plan - except that Sonic wasn't "eliminated." So here's my question: why didn't this event occur? Anonymous seemed to get his way through acute awareness of how others would react in given situations, so who behaved outside of their parameters (fun metaphor, given who Anonymous is =P) and screwed up the plan? Basically, what I want to know is why Anonymous expected Sonic to be eliminated, and what deviated from his plan to make this not occur.

Anonymous/A.D.A.M. didn't count on Sir Connery. Sir Connery de-powered Mogul before he was "supposed" to be. Additionally, Sonic & Co. performed beyond A.D.A.M.'s expectations.

Eric Bell wrote:Hi! First-time poster here, long-time reader of the book (since issue #3, actually). I have to say I've ben pulled back into the fandom by you, Mr. Flynn; you are every bit the breath of fresh air this comic needed, and I have great faith you're going to do great things for Sonic. =)
Thanks so much for taking the time to do all this. You're amazingly dedicated to the fandom, and I know fans (myself included) appreciate it. Thanks again! =)

And it's things like this that keep me at the helm. Thank you for the kind words, and you're certainly welcome!
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby beowolf master of ctalin » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:21 pm

Ian I got my last two issues for darkest storm today and I need to ask is... why, why did you k.o. Mecha like that she was hardcore, HARDCORE. I mean she could kick butt, what you replacing her with somethin' bigger or what becase Robotnik (eggman) no longer seems a threat now only adam is the boss now.
beowolf master of ctalin
BumbleFan

Postby NackTheWeasel » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:40 pm

Okay. You've stated that Sonic never had any fellings for Mina other than her being a friend. Actually you said:

IanPotto wrote:
Sonic and Mina are friends and that's that. The Sonic-Sally/Mina confusion was entirely one-sided. Sonic grew in fondness to Mina as a friend, but nothing more.

I combined two postings , But anyway....

- In Issue 111, Sonic was talking about potential love interests, and he not only brought up Sally, but also Mina.

- In HHH, Sonic may have said he loved Sally, but he never said that he didn't love Mina. IMO, he was just very happy that Sally was okay, and not choosing Sally and not Mina.

- In 154, When Mina says that she doesen't love Sonic, Sonic leaves the room loking very sad.

- Also in 154, Sonic asks Mina for a date.

There are likely a few more, but I won't waste any more of your time rambling on.

So, Are these just "meandering thoughts", or something more? I'm not starting an arguement, Just stating a point. Thank you very much for your time, and sorry if it sounds like I'm argueing with you :(
Last edited by NackTheWeasel on Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NackTheWeasel
BumbleFan

Postby Sonic922 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:00 pm

NackTheWeasel wrote:Okay. You've stated that Sonic never had any fellings for Mina other than her being a friend. Actually you said:

IanPotto wrote:
Sonic and Mina are friends and that's that. The Sonic-Sally/Mina confusion was entirely one-sided. Sonic grew in fondness to Mina as a friend, but nothing more.

I combined two postings , But anyway....

- In Issue 111, Sonic was talking about potential love interests, and he not only brought up Sally, but also Mina.

- In HHH, Sonic may have said he loved Sally, but he never said that he didn't love Mina. IMO, he was just very happy that Sally was okay, and not choosing Sally and not Mina.

- In 144, When Mina says that she doesen't love Sonic, Sonic leaves the room loking very sad.

- Also in 144, Sonic asks Mina for a date.

There are likely a few more, but I won't waste any more of your time rambling on.

So, Are these just "meandering thoughts", or something more? I'm not starting an arguement, Just stating a point. Thank you very much for your time, and sorry if it sounds like I'm argueing with you :(

I think you mean #154 but you might find some stuff in 144's L&L too
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby NackTheWeasel » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:32 pm

Okay, thanks, for pointing it out, I just changed it.
NackTheWeasel
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:18 pm

beowolf wrote:why did you k.o. Mecha like that

I'll try to go into more detail with the up-coming Script Bits!, but the quick answer is she wasn't very popular. As we compiled a list of characters that should/could/ought to be killed off she came very close to the top. I had a few ideas for her, but ultimately she served more of a purpose destroyed than maintained.

NackTheWeasel wrote:Sonic x Mina

There is some very weak evidence towards the pairing. Sonic did show passing interest, but half of that could be chalked up to him enjoying her singing voice. But her obvious displays of affection ("The Kiss") were rejected and "Heart Held Hostage" closed the book on the triangle.

Maybe there was a tenuous chance of Sonic and Mina truly being a couple in the past, but we've long since distanced ourselves from that direction.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Sonic922 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:01 pm

IanPotto wrote:
beowolf wrote:why did you k.o. Mecha like that

I'll try to go into more detail with the up-coming Script Bits!, but the quick answer is she wasn't very popular. As we compiled a list of characters that should/could/ought to be killed off she came very close to the top. I had a few ideas for her, but ultimately she served more of a purpose destroyed than maintained.

O.o Can we see the list? Or are tehre more spoilers on it
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:39 pm

TDS was the list - or at least the end result.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby NackTheWeasel » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:09 pm

Are you saying that Sonic x Mina can't happen because it's your opinion from reading the comic, or because Karl said it was over when he left?

But okay, I get the bottom line:

Sonic x Mina= NO MORE, and according to me, that's NO GOOD :cry:
NackTheWeasel
BumbleFan

Postby sonicxfactor » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:53 pm

NackTheWeasel wrote:
Sonic x Mina= NO MORE, and according to me, that's NO GOOD :cry:

True Sonic and Mina would make a cute couple but in the end it's Sonic and Sally all the way.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby JoJo B. » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:58 pm

I was just going over some of the earlier issues and chuckling over the nicknames Dr. Robotnik Prime's SWATbots would address him as. An example from Sonic #39, "Your evening apéritif, Guru of Gravity!" Do you have any plans of returning these fun nicknames to the comic? Or perhaps creating your own?
JoJo B.
BumbleFan

Postby Sonic922 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:27 pm

I just remembered my question:

I know you don't like to differentiate from Robotnik Prime and RoboRobotnik, but is there a Robo Snively? Will we eer see any references to one even in like the backgroun simlar to the various Tails' in The Choosen One story

Oh and also, I noticed it's something big when I saw Turbo Tails and Super Sonic and Shadow on the 170 cover, does this build up to 175(If so it must be aa looong story) or is this just a side note on the way to 175?
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby sonicforever » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:59 pm

Have you heard anything about Ken Penders concept art of his Sonic movie that he showed off to someone at some comic even a little bit ago? Also what are your thoguhts on the changed character designs he shows for Sonic's parents, Uncle Chuck, Julie-Su, Knuckles, and Sally?

Here is the image, courtesy of Adamis from FUS:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/ ... cpromo.jpg

Are the chances of us seing any of the Archie Sonic characters (Sally, Nagus, Bunnie, etc) in a game better or worse now than before SOnic Adventure came out?
sonicforever
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius