Death Battle: Mega Man Vs. Astro Boy

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Up comming Death Battle Mega Man Vs Astro Boy

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:47 pm

he sucked up other people and took their powers.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Azul » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:48 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:he sucked up other people and took their powers.

Helping implies that they willfully aid him. Kirby's power revolves around inhaling others. There was probably no way around that. Also, Buu did the same thing so that evens it out.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby Mordum » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:50 pm

Kirby winning was the best thing about that fight, and Buu is the only Z villain I actually like.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:19 am

Mordum wrote:Kirby winning was the best thing about that fight, and Buu is the only Z villain I actually like.

Buu was such a fun villain. One thing that bothered me about Kirby winning was that the Z fighters relied on slowing Buu down for a series of losing battles just to survive. One on one fights with Buu shouldn't be easily won, as that's sort of the nature of the character during his arc.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mordum » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:58 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Mordum wrote:Kirby winning was the best thing about that fight, and Buu is the only Z villain I actually like.

Buu was such a fun villain. One thing that bothered me about Kirby winning was that the Z fighters relied on slowing Buu down for a series of losing battles just to survive. One on one fights with Buu shouldn't be easily won, as that's sort of the nature of the character during his arc.

...But that's EVERY DBZ villain. You can say that about Virginia, Freeza, or Cell. In the same way that every single villain is simultaneously more powerful than the next but their stronger power is also expressed by making the exact same threat ("I can blow up this planet!").
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:39 am

Mordum wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:

...But that's EVERY DBZ villain. You can say that about Virginia, Freeza, or Cell. In the same way that every single villain is simultaneously more powerful than the next but their stronger power is also expressed by making the exact same threat ("I can blow up this planet!").

I love autocorrect.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mordum » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:40 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
Mordum wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:

I love autocorrect.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

So do I, but this was intentional.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:40 pm

Mordum wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:

Well, what I meant is that the heroes actually sacrificed the whole population of Earth just for the chance to defeat Buu. Meanwhile, they relied more on the "fight to the last breath" mentality against the first few.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mordum » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:13 pm

Counterpoint: Everyone on Earth was genocided by Buu, only for them all to be revived to power up Goku's Buu killing attack. So DBZ characters cheat all the time and why is it bad if Kirby does it instead?
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:59 pm

Mordum wrote:Counterpoint: Everyone on Earth was genocided by Buu, only for them all to be revived to power up Goku's Buu killing attack. So DBZ characters cheat all the time and why is it bad if Kirby does it instead?

But reviving people was all part of the plan when it came to the buu saga. I am not sure how that counts as cheating, if the Dragon Balls are an established part of that universe...?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mordum » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:01 am

I'm saying that DBZ's narrative rules are inane, convenient, and stupid nonrules, so them being beaten by someone's inane, convenient, and stupid nonrules is fitting.

I like when DBZ characters lose because people's only investments in these characters are whether or not they can punch the hardest. I like DB, and I like GT, but Z is poorly written meat head shlock that really does deserve to get routinely beaten in competitions that literally nobody but the people who like it actually care about. Not even because the show itself is garbage, but because after two decades of hearing these people get so uppity about their precious made up kung fu, someone consistently making them angry is food for my soul.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby DoNotDelete » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:25 pm

Mordum wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:I love autocorrect.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

So do I, but this was intentional.

Oh my god.

I am crying. With laughter.

Defeating a sandwich. Only makes it taste better.
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:33 am

Mordum wrote:I'm saying that DBZ's narrative rules are inane, convenient, and stupid nonrules, so them being beaten by someone's inane, convenient, and stupid nonrules is fitting.

I like when DBZ characters lose because people's only investments in these characters are whether or not they can punch the hardest. I like DB, and I like GT, but Z is poorly written meat head shlock that really does deserve to get routinely beaten in competitions that literally nobody but the people who like it actually care about. Not even because the show itself is garbage, but because after two decades of hearing these people get so uppity about their precious made up kung fu, someone consistently making them angry is food for my soul.

And you're free to have whatever taste you want, but your reasoning is really wrong, so let's just drop this because it is going really off topic
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:17 am

The death battle is out.

I liked the One Minute Melee versus Samus Aran better because it was more exciting, had more imaginative use of weapons and had better background music (used game 2 wily castle 1).

So glad it was sprites and not polygons too.
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby DoNotDelete » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:30 am

I actually watched it. Not surprised by the outcome.

Nothing about Mega Man's weakness to spikes - which to me has always seemed like his Achilles's heel.
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!