Death Battle: Mega Man Vs. Astro Boy

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Death Battle: Mega Man Vs. Astro Boy

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:42 am

The Mega Man introduction video is out,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGlulcqvmOM

Really going to though one, Yes Mega Man has the ability to copy powers but I'm sure he's hot going to be allow to take any of them with him in battle, thing again he my bump into some classic robot masters in battle after all powered robots are every where and he could logically randomly run into a useful robot. Frankly he should only be allow to copy Astro's powers, rather or not he can is kind of debatable it's not like we see Mega Man copying random enemy bots then again he's compatible with Stardriods for some reason.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Re: Up comming Death Battle Mega Man Vs Astro Boy

Postby Tahtorak » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:14 pm

ReifuTD wrote:The Mega Man introduction video is out,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGlulcqvmOM

Really going to though one, Yes Mega Man has the ability to copy powers but I'm sure he's hot going to be allow to take any of them with him in battle, thing again he my bump into some classic robot masters in battle after all powered robots are every where and he could logically randomly run into a useful robot. Frankly he should only be allow to copy Astro's powers, rather or not he can is kind of debatable it's not like we see Mega Man copying random enemy bots then again he's compatible with Stardriods for some reason.

It depends whether or not the Death Battle takes place in Mega Man's world. Ever seen the Kirby vs Majin Buu Death Battle? It took place on Pop Star, allowing Kirby access to his copy abilities (through eating the inhabitants).
Tahtorak
BumbleFan

Postby The KKM » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:04 pm

Logically, Astro wins. He's more powerful, he's faster, he has more immediate weapons. I'm sure they'll screw it all up and pull some nonsensical reasons to balance it, though, as they always do.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Azul » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:17 pm

The KKM wrote:Logically, Astro wins. He's more powerful, he's faster, he has more immediate weapons. I'm sure they'll screw it all up and pull some nonsensical reasons to balance it, though, as they always do.

Yes, that's guaranteed.
ReifuTD wrote:Really going to though one, Yes Mega Man has the ability to copy powers but I'm sure he's hot going to be allow to take any of them with him in battle, thing again he my bump into some classic robot masters in battle after all powered robots are every where and he could logically randomly run into a useful robot. Frankly he should only be allow to copy Astro's powers, rather or not he can is kind of debatable it's not like we see Mega Man copying random enemy bots then again he's compatible with Stardriods for some reason.

That'd be like putting in Megaman from Megaman 1 before he fought any of the robot masters and that's just not fair since that eliminates his entire resume aside from his trade mark lemon blaster, severly leaving him under powered. And Megs can only used the powers of people he's aldready beaten so if a robot master is thrown in there, he'd have to clobber them in double time while avoiding Astroy Boy and that's just asking for too much considering that RMs can't be dispatched as quickly as regular mooks. I'm positive that ScrewAttack won't screw up that badly. I hope. I pray. Maybe. Cross those fingers guys and gals.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:45 pm

Azul wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:Really going to though one, Yes Mega Man has the ability to copy powers but I'm sure he's hot going to be allow to take any of them with him in battle, thing again he my bump into some classic robot masters in battle after all powered robots are every where and he could logically randomly run into a useful robot. Frankly he should only be allow to copy Astro's powers, rather or not he can is kind of debatable it's not like we see Mega Man copying random enemy bots then again he's compatible with Stardriods for some reason.

That'd be like putting in Megaman from Megaman 1 before he fought any of the robot masters and that's just not fair since that eliminates his entire resume aside from his trade mark lemon blaster, severly leaving him under powered. And Megs can only used the powers of people he's aldready beaten so if a robot master is thrown in there, he'd have to clobber them in double time while avoiding Astroy Boy and that's just asking for too much considering that RMs can't be dispatched as quickly as regular mooks. I'm positive that ScrewAttack won't screw up that badly. I hope. I pray. Maybe. Cross those fingers guys and gals.

True, I think it depends on the method Mega Man gets his powers that ScrewAttack choose to use, Yeah in the games pretty much he only gets powers though killing a RM. But a lot of Mega Man media he can steal powers my touching them. ScrewAttack like to put all canon into account and I think they will go with the touch to take powers method because I think it makes him stronger character and ScrewAttack tends to use characters at their strongest or their strongest version. Second all they need to do is toss Mega Man in the Robot Museum and he can access any of his past powers by simply grabbing the displays.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Azul » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:48 pm

ReifuTD wrote:
Azul wrote:True, I think it depends on the method Mega Man gets his powers that ScrewAttack choose to use, Yeah in the games pretty much he only gets powers though killing a RM. But a lot of Mega Man media he can steal powers my touching them. ScrewAttack like to put all canon into account and I think they will go with the touch to take powers method because I think it makes him stronger character and ScrewAttack tends to use characters at their strongest or their strongest version. Second all they need to do is toss Mega Man in the Robot Museum and he can access any of his past powers by simply grabbing the displays.

If they did that, then all Megs would have to do is touch AB and that'd make for a pretty quick battle.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:47 pm

Azul wrote:If they did that, then all Megs would have to do is touch AB and that'd make for a pretty quick battle.

Mega Man copying a Robots powers isn't an end all in a battle, A RM's own ability is rarely are super effective against it. With Robot specs are very impotent, in theory Mega Man X should be able to beat Mega Man hands down because X should have higher all around specs then Mega Man.

Side note on Mega Man's power can anyone tell what was the logic of Mega Man's ability to go Super with Chaos Emeralds did he like copy Sonic or something? Doubt ScrewAttack will go there then again they might.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Azul » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:09 pm

ReifuTD wrote:
Azul wrote:If they did that, then all Megs would have to do is touch AB and that'd make for a pretty quick battle.

Mega Man copying a Robots powers isn't an end all in a battle, A RM's own ability is rarely are super effective against it. With Robot specs are very impotent, in theory Mega Man X should be able to beat Mega Man hands down because X should have higher all around specs then Mega Man.

Yeah but he'd essentially be AB+1 and the battle already assumes he's enough of a match without copying his powers beforehand.

Side note on Mega Man's power can anyone tell what was the logic of Mega Man's ability to go Super with Chaos Emeralds did he like copy Sonic or something? Doubt ScrewAttack will go there then again they might.

Machines can absorb the power of the Emeralds as Eggman has shown time and time again. Sonic probably super charged him ala Sonic 06.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:56 am

Astroboy's going to win. I mean, I'm a big Megaman fan, but Astroboy is just way more powerful. And Megaman is based off Astro.

If Mega's allowed to copy abilities (and, let's face it, that's the only possible way he has a chance so there wouldn't be a point in doing this battle if they disallowed that) then it depends on which abilities he copies. Not all of them are terribly useful. Fullscreen effects like Astro Crush (a pun that they've gotta use) would be useful, metal blades, elec beam ... but heaven help him if he tried to use Top Spin.

Does he have access to the wacky abilities from Marvel VS Capcom? It's a bit of a stretch to pull from that, but if he does then the odds tilt a bit more in his favour. That game gives MM some pretty useful moves.

Copying Astro is probably something that'll happen. But which ability will he copy? The hip machine guns? The flashlight eyes? Copyign abilities is not something he controls and it's not something that's guaranteed to be useful.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:40 pm

Probably Astro Boy, for the Omega Factor if nothing else.

Mega Man might stand more of a chance, at least a little, if someone at Death Battle is daft enough not to realize that every MM series stars a different Mega Man. So if they, say, threw in X's stats with Mega Man, then he might pull it off.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby The KKM » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:04 pm

Wasn't Omega Factor only used to describe what you mean in the GBA game?
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Mordum » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:08 pm

The KKM wrote:Logically, Astro wins. He's more powerful, he's faster, he has more immediate weapons. I'm sure they'll screw it all up and pull some nonsensical reasons to balance it, though, as they always do.

All of the ones where the DBZ characters lose fights are amazing just for the fan butthurt.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Astrobot7000 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:19 pm

Honestly, it depends on what powers he could bring to the match and what equipment.

If he could bring the Rush Adapter and a suite of Robot Master powers Mega wins flat out.

If Mega has nothing but the Mega Buster then he is at a big disadvantage.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby The KKM » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:35 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:If he could bring the Rush Adapter and a suite of Robot Master powers Mega wins flat out.

He really doesn't. I think people are so entrapped by the basic idea of "they're robot kids that shoot" that they're unaware of the difference of scale in terms of powers, here. Mega Man might win if having all of the Robot Master powers, since that gives him more leverage, but Astro is still much faster, much stronger, and with what in a Mega Man game'd be seen as near insta-kill stuff like lasers. In pure comparison between both, Astro'd need three punches at most to tear Mega Man apart, one if he doesn't have the Rush Adapter.

This kind of arbritary Death Battles they do just annoy me because they're based on character role comparisons instead of what makes sense with each character's feats and context in-universe. "Oh Mega Man and Astro Boy fit perfectly together, they're both robot boys!" Except Astro Boy is literally the strongest robot on Earth in his series, an Earth with robots much more advanced than Mega Man Classic. "Oh Superman and Goku are similar characters in story, they fit perfectly together!" Except Superman is absurdely overpowered and that's kind of his whole point for the majority of his history. "Oh Dr. Eggman and Dr. Wily are both evil scientists!" Yeah and Eggman has literal space fleets at his command. Etc
Last edited by The KKM on Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:38 pm

Special weapons don't win out automatically. They do have an annoying habit of running out of power.

Of course if Megaman gets E tanks, S tanks, and W tanks in reserve, he may just win out by sheer attrition.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!