Mega Man to Reboot in 2017 with Cartoon (?)

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man to Reboot in 2017 with Cartoon (?)

Postby Betz! » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:05 pm

It's just a guess at this point. basic breakdown: MoA had a panel at Long Beach Comic Con and some staff member said the games will be rebooted with the cartoon too. Kinda like Boom if you want. But this is all passed down by word of mouth. So don't lose hope yet. But in the mean time, thoughts?
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Re: Mega Man to Reboot in 2017 with Cartoon (?)

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:17 pm

Well, that would definitely explain why the comic is cancelled. Honestly MM could easily benefit from a reboot. I just hope they don't make it too kiddy (Boom or TTGO), do Classic only, or worst of all make the new games crap in comparison to the older ones. That last one is what I'm most worried about, for a large number of reasons.
Last edited by BlazeHeatnix on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby Penguin God » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:20 pm

Sonic Boom got a game when it came out too. Most cartoons get a licensed video game to go with it. If the comic were cancelled to make room for a reboot, it would have done so in a year and a half, not two years before the game or cartoon even comes out.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:46 pm

I heard from somewhere that the license is running out soon, so renewing the license when they might need a whole new license wouldn't make much sense.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby EvilEddie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:53 pm

Well if Archie ever wants to release those trade paper backs that they're seriously delinquent in getting out they kinda have to renew the license.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby Tonberry2k » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:18 pm

I thought I read that it was Archie's decision to put it on hiatus and not Capcom's?
Tonberry2k
BumbleNoble

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:19 pm

It was also Archie's decision to pull Penders characters. But we know who the real culprit was there.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mobotropolis » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:31 pm

But in the mean time, thoughts?

" I heard from a guy on youtube " is not a good way to start a compelling argument.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Betz! » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:00 pm

Mobotropolis wrote:
But in the mean time, thoughts?

" I heard from a guy on youtube " is not a good way to start a compelling argument.

That's why I said it's just a guess at this point.
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:45 pm

So, it's news taken with a whole salt shaker of salt.

I'd rather have more of the great comic we already got than a tie-in. Tie-in comics feel like a waste of time because they have no bearing on the show, which becomes the primary canon. You couldn't do a comic about Protoman's origin, for instance.

A rebooted MM franchise really just sounds like another expansion. Powered Up was also meant to be a total series reboot too. There's just not enough information. Is it like Ruby spears, just with a game? Or is it a totally new Megaman like EXE was? There're no details, so I can't help but have a muted reaction.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:34 pm

It'd be a stretch to consider EXE a reboot. Yeah it's an alternate timeline, but previous Mega Man series's were usually called "the next iteration/incarnation of Mega Man". So if they say it's a reboot, it probably is a reboot.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:14 am

Gauntlet101010 wrote:So, it's news taken with a whole salt shaker of salt.

I'd rather have more of the great comic we already got than a tie-in. Tie-in comics feel like a waste of time because they have no bearing on the show, which becomes the primary canon. You couldn't do a comic about Protoman's origin, for instance.

A rebooted MM franchise really just sounds like another expansion. Powered Up was also meant to be a total series reboot too. There's just not enough information. Is it like Ruby spears, just with a game? Or is it a totally new Megaman like EXE was? There're no details, so I can't help but have a muted reaction.

Yeah disappointed they never at least tied to do a Powered Up 2 since MM2 is suppose to be the best game in the series, Unless they really do a focused campaign and keep it up over the years any revamping isn't going to stick. Remember Roll's new costume from MM8 she manage to stay in that for year, but I think Tatsunoko VS Capcom they put her back in the classic red.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:53 pm

Don't know why they expected Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X to sell so well, considering that they were on a system that wasn't doing very well at all at the time.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:14 am

BlazeHeatnix wrote:It'd be a stretch to consider EXE a reboot. Yeah it's an alternate timeline, but previous Mega Man series's were usually called "the next iteration/incarnation of Mega Man". So if they say it's a reboot, it probably is a reboot.

The EXE series is a reboot in the same way the New 52 is a reboot of the DC universe.

Anyway, it really depends on what MoA and Capcom considers to be a reboot. Creators often have a very different perspective than we do.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby The KKM » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:14 am

What? No, the New 52 acted as a replacement to the DC Universe that existed at the time, MMBN is a reboot in the sense it went back to the start but at the same time they never pretended it was replacing anything :V
The KKM
BumbleClan

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!