Mega Man #54 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #54 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby SonicSoul » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:15 am

Also noticed the little foreshadowing of Beat with Kalinka mentioning her dad was building a robot bird of his own. While it's obvious he'll give it to Rock after the events of MM4, I'm kind of wondering as to what Beat's purpose would be if he wasn't given as a "I'm sorry for all the trouble I've given you" present.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Kureejii Lea » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:23 pm

Mordum wrote:No, Protoman, shut up. And go to rehab.

He can't afford it, nor counseling. That's why he goes to Tempo.

Nice icon BTW, that panel was such a delight when I first saw the pencils. Ryan's done an awesome job working towards that Classic style.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Mordum » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:51 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:
Mordum wrote:No, Protoman, shut up. And go to rehab.

He can't afford it, nor counseling. That's why he goes to Tempo.

Nice icon BTW, that panel was such a delight when I first saw the pencils. Ryan's done an awesome job working towards that Classic style.

It might be my single favorite moment in a comic full of great moments. Everything involving Tempo has my eyes glued to the page, though. Easily my favorite character, or favorite character who isn't Ra Moon anyway.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Axel T Rat » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:11 pm

+Well its safe to say Wily's comfortable with crossing the line more and more. Thankfully, that nuke thing was a bluff before
+Also seems he's growing in his petty-ness, particularly his reasons for getting even with Cossack
+Awesome Final Smash fan art and short circuits
+More nods to future game stories of course.
+I like Vesper Woman so far
+Reggae

=Geez, almost thought that was Sigma's torso in the background. o.o
=I don't know how Tempo can blush, but its cute.
=Why oh why would you make such a nightmarish room to hold a little girl in?

-Should the helmet really break so clean and neatly?
-Again, I am so gonna miss this series. ;_;
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby Frontier » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:47 pm

Axel T Rat wrote:+Well its safe to say Wily's comfortable with crossing the line more and more. Thankfully, that nuke thing was a bluff before
+Also seems he's growing in his petty-ness, particularly his reasons for getting even with Cossack

He also seems a lot more focused on Mega Man and destroying him now then he was before, back when he was more focused on Dr. Light and showing him up while Rock was just a nuisance to him. So it seems, after MM3 and all his defeats, that his attention and hatred have shifted to Mega Man, finally seeing him as a true adversary. Appropriate considering the last time they fought Wily outright said "I hate you."
Frontier
BumbleFan

Postby ShinySnivy » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:25 pm

Frontier wrote:
Axel T Rat wrote:+Well its safe to say Wily's comfortable with crossing the line more and more. Thankfully, that nuke thing was a bluff before

He also seems a lot more focused on Mega Man and destroying him now then he was before, back when he was more focused on Dr. Light and showing him up while Rock was just a nuisance to him. So it seems, after MM3 and all his defeats, that his attention and hatred have shifted to Mega Man, finally seeing him as a true adversary. Appropriate considering the last time they fought Wily outright said "I hate you."

It's also worth noting that despite the fact that Rock saved Wily's life (not to mention the entire world) from Ra Moon , you would think he'd show a bit more respect for him (well, he did for a bit afterwards), but after Wily outright betrayed Light by stealing Gamma and forced Rock to once again fight him, you really start to see his true colors shine through. He's willing to play dirty to get what he wants, even if it means having to kidnap a defenseless little girl to use as leverage so her father would be forced to do Wily's dirty work. Some of the things Wily does makes me want to hate his guts, but they're also the markings of a true villain: Cunning, Ambitious, Selfish, and that's why I think, in my opinion, that Ian has made Wily one of the best fleshed out villain characters in the comic apart from Xander.
ShinySnivy
BumbleNewbie

Postby Azul » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:06 pm

Are you crazy.png

Strange, isn't it?
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby Meliden » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:04 pm

"ARE YOU CRAZY?! WHATAREWEGONNADO?!?"

"...I literally just told you what, bolt brain."
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Arkus0 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:26 am

I really felt sorry for Kalinka, she isn't like Roll who would most likely be snarking or mocking Wiley all the way, she's only a little girl and she's scared.

Really loved how Lalinde's family is growing with the addition of Vesper Woman who makes a great foil for Tempo. Really makes me want to see her have a whole team of female Robot Masters. But alas, that may not come true, stupid hiatus.
Arkus0
BumbleCitizen

Postby TheMajinV » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:03 pm

(Insert sadness regarding hiatus and other such bits).

Things really appear to be going out with a bang. This issue was fantastic - one of my favorites, I think. There was a lot of good character development present, and there were a few fun little Easter eggs (Blues' trenchcoat from the Ariga series, in particular; nice touch) along the way. I'm also loving the progression of Wily into full-on villain. It's been building steadily since 45, but now he's becoming that guy everyone loves to hate. Just...great work!
TheMajinV
BumbleNewbie

Postby ShinySnivy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:25 pm

TheMajinV wrote:(Insert sadness regarding hiatus and other such bits).

Things really appear to be going out with a bang. This issue was fantastic - one of my favorites, I think. There was a lot of good character development present, and there were a few fun little Easter eggs (Blues' trenchcoat from the Ariga series, in particular; nice touch) along the way. I'm also loving the progression of Wily into full-on villain. It's been building steadily since 45, but now he's becoming that guy everyone loves to hate. Just...great work!

I know this is a bit off-topic for the thread, but I absolutely love your Mega Man comic drama series Majin! I can't wait to hear the rest of the Mega Man 3 arc!
ShinySnivy
BumbleNewbie

Postby Nintenfreak » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:14 pm

Received an email from Archie about a very special offer to make up for my subscription to Mega Man and Sonic Boom ending prematurely.

"3 issue introductory subscription to the NEW JUGHEAD series starting at only $9.99. "
"3 issue introductory subscription to the NEW ARCHIE series starting at only $9.99.

Seriously? No, absolutely not, if this is what their idea of compensation for pulling the plug on some excellent comics is, then they're sadly mistaken, and I'd rather lose my money that reinvest it into the pet projects that cost me Mega Man.
Nintenfreak
BumbleKnight

Postby ChaosJam » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:28 am

Nintenfreak wrote:Received an email from Archie about a very special offer to make up for my subscription to Mega Man and Sonic Boom ending prematurely.

"3 issue introductory subscription to the NEW JUGHEAD series starting at only $9.99. "
"3 issue introductory subscription to the NEW ARCHIE series starting at only $9.99.

Seriously? No, absolutely not, if this is what their idea of compensation for pulling the plug on some excellent comics is, then they're sadly mistaken, and I'd rather lose my money that reinvest it into the pet projects that cost me Mega Man.

I got that email also and I gotta say I laughed and scoffed at the offer. I mean you want me to jump from an action oriented series like Mega Man to high school Archie? Not that I am saying Archie and Jughead are bad series but it's not, in my mind, a sufficient or even good offer. At least push Sonic or Sonic Universe since they are your other Action Series books, those are similar books that people may want to jump onto if they only had Mega Man (especially after the whole crossover).
ChaosJam
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:11 am

After about ten days of trying, I actually got in contact with Archie (go via the phone, they NEVER answer their email), and managed to have them turn my unused money into credit. I plan on using it to get that mega man graphic novel that encompasses the first three volumes.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:20 am

Finally got the issue. Again, it was great. I'll miss this comic.

It's weird that they couldn't use the Honey Woman design. It woulda been nice to have her legitimized as a full-out character in her own right. Oh, well. I'm happy that we have at least one more comic-exclucive Robot Master. I liked how Vesper played against Quake. They personalities clashed nicely.

The only criticism is that I can't really get behind the idea that Wily's planned up to MM7 at this point, going as far as designing mechs from 6 and constructing Springman's leg. It's a pretty minor point.

It's been really enjoyable to see Protoman progress in these issues. It's something we never really get to see elsewhere. It's odd that the Japanese game canon has Megaman never realize he's his brother. I just can't imagine how that'd work. Why would Light be cagy about that? I'm glad the comic follows the American version here, with MM just being fully aware Proto is his brother.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!