Mega Man #54 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #54 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:15 pm

*reads the issue*

*Begins to cry because the comic just became more awesome, but remembers that it's ending*

Why? Why? WHY?!?!?! :cry: :cry: :cry:
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:25 am

NxtWaltDisney wrote:*reads the issue*

*Begins to cry because the comic just became more awesome, but remembers that it's ending*

Why? Why? WHY?!?!?! :cry: :cry: :cry:

That's what we all want to know, but they ain't gonna tell us.

Unlike the Pendering, this is all on Archie
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Tonberry2k » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:07 pm

I get so angry when I remember that this is ending. It's so good. It's such a shame and a lost opportunity.
Tonberry2k
BumbleNoble

Postby DoNotDelete » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:57 am

It really has gotten so much better lately - the focus should always have been on shorter, original stories like this rather than the oh-so pedantic game adaptions. Eight issues for the godawful Mega Man 3 adaption? No thank you. Single issue stories like Blue Shift and Red Shift? Yes please.

Vesper Woman is a fun inclusion. Makes me think she should be riding a moped though.
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby ShinySnivy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:50 pm

Boy where do I even begin?

This was an absolutely fantastic issue. Wily is really showing himself to be a manipulative snake in the grass, but kidnapping Kalinka was the final straw that broke the camel's back for Blues to realize that Wily is only using him as a tool and nothing more. Seeing him and Tempo talk on good terms this time was a real treat, and the addition of Vesper Woman was really great to see. This issue is why I love this comic so dearly, and now it feels like such a waste to the comic world that this could quite possibly be never coming back, at least not in the way we know it.

Ugh, such a good issue!
ShinySnivy
BumbleNewbie

Postby Sam Z.G. » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:30 pm

Wow, adding a potencial good female character in the end is putting salt to the wound.....

Really good issue, specially Jamp's art.
Sam Z.G.
BumbleFan

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:42 pm

CONTINUITY ERROR: Blues learns about his nuclear reactor just now? That's funny since he clearly mentioned it during his fight with Knuckles in Worlds Unite.

Anyway, obviously the issue is great.
The only thing I'm little disappointed is that I expected real fight with Shadow Man (not just this tiny skirmish). I get that there is little time, but why his shurikens were on the cover? I like Shadow Man, but he gets too much attention and I hoped Blues will finally kills him.
The addition of cyclops eye is weird. I know it's from the games, but it looks really goofy, especially when it wanders a bit to the side. Speaking about "because it was in games", I get that Kalinka has to wear those clothing, but is there a good reason why she's dressed for winter?

Ian Flynn wrote:
diamonddeath wrote:Vesper Woman is pretty cool, but why isn't it Honey Woman when the design is seemingly based on it?

We weren't allowed to use the Honey Woman design.

Okaaay. It's really weird. To make it even funnier, her personality kinda reminds me of Honey the Cat.Then again she also reminds me of... Charmy.
AGH, I just replaced her and Tempo with Charmy and Espio in my mind (with slight dialog change). it's creepy how it fits.
Well, despite her charmy-ness she seems like very cool character and it's a shame we won't see her again.

Can't wait for the final issue.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicWindAttack » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:59 pm

I agree that this was an excellent issue, but is no one gonna mention Battle Network ProtoMan making it into the fan art section?
SonicWindAttack
BumbleFan

Postby DoNotDelete » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:28 pm

The fan art section has often featured characters from Mega Man spin-off series - X, Battle Network, Star Force, etc.
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby megabeatman » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:04 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:CONTINUITY ERROR: Blues learns about his nuclear reactor just now? That's funny since he clearly mentioned it during his fight with Knuckles in Worlds Unite.

Actually, at the end of issue 16, Wily did say to Blues that he replaced his original, flawed core with a nuclear core of his design. Wily clearly left out the details of said nuclear core.
megabeatman
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicSoul » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:34 pm

Awesome issue and just a cascade of character developing moments for Blues. What's not awesome is that this is still going on hiatus.

So great to see Proto Man actually becoming Proto Man (dat last panel) and officially done with Wily's pettiness. Loved that he called Wily out on everything that's goes back to him, especially bringing up the Ra Moon incident, and says that he should just quit before his mistakes hurt anyone else again.

Felt really bad for him in the scene where he had to kidnap Kalinka, which nicely featured the debut of Reggae in the comic (not counting Off-Panels). You could tell he did not want to be there and to see her imprisoned and scared just aggravated him. Also, those toys she's surrounded by? I get the feeling they're not just toys she can play with. And, oh my, is her saying a 'brave knight will come to rescue me' slight foreshadowing to her getting a crush on either Proto Man or Mega Man? Cause either way that would be funny. Seeing him have some closure and apologize to both Tempo and Dr. Lalinde for his last visit was sweet as well as willing to tell and trust Lalinde to look at his nuclear core. Do I even need to mention that last panel again for how cool it is?

Also good to see Vesper Woman and her effect of Tempo as the pestering-but-well-meaning little sister. Though something tells me she shouldn't be around Cut Man if she has that "appreciation" for lame jokes.
Last edited by SonicSoul on Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Mordum » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:25 pm

If the comic comes back it should just be a Tempo/Vesper Woman spin off because those two complete my life.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Sam Z.G. » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Mordum wrote:If the comic comes back it should just be a Tempo/Vesper Woman spin off because those two complete my life.

Sam Z.G.
BumbleFan

Postby Mordum » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:07 pm

No, Protoman, shut up. And go to rehab.

I'd read a comic about Tempo being Vesper Woman's agent as she navigates a stand up comedy career while robotic sentience becomes an ever present social concern for my whole life.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:35 pm

Sam Z.G. wrote:
Mordum wrote:If the comic comes back it should just be a Tempo/Vesper Woman spin off because those two complete my life.

I love this fandom. Also, I want that E-Tank flask. I don't drink, but I just want it so I can show it off.
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!