Ideas on improving and expanding megaman comic

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Ideas on improving and expanding megaman comic

Postby Mexica005 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:03 am

i know that it takes a while to do a adaptaion of the megaman games but why not do some stories where megaman either goes/team up against other capcom characters like viewtiful joe or dantie. show more cameos like phenix wright on that one issue with wily being in court. do more of that and do little mini series with the other megaman incarnations like how you guys did with the sonic universe. that way its not just a megaman comic but a wolrd of capcom comic.heck even show some tips and tricks on some of the games like how game magaziens did back in the 90's.
Mexica005
BumbleNewbie

Re: Ideas on improving and expanding megaman comic

Postby Gonzo » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:11 am

You should be putting ideas like this is spoiler tags; otherwise, Ian can't use them.
Gonzo
BumbleKnight

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:21 am

A good way to expand the mega man comic is to NOT put it on hiatus
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:29 am

Well my quote from another thread, about how to bring the series in with out having to worry about X selling less then the Classic series,

ReifuTD wrote:The Mega Man comic is 20 pages When the first Mega Man X story was introduced to the comic, it was 15 pages of Mega Man's and 5 pages of X's story. Archie could add as little as 10 pages make a book with 30 pages, Do this with Mega Man and they could in theory have Classic Mega Man and X Mega Man share a book each using 15 pages of the book each to tell their stories. Then give each series their own GN, They would probably expand a story arc across five issues instead of four to keep the page count for the GNs.

Mega Man is one of the few franchises I could see this model working well with, because really how many people out there would complain about having to basically pay for A Mega Man X comic when they buy a Classic Mega Man comic? Most people would just be exited to get an on going X series and the fact that it's shares a book with Classic is icing on the cake because they were buying that book anyways. It's all Mega Man after all so there's no reason a Mega Man comic book can't be about more then one Mega Man series. If people don't like it then and they would realty rather buy one series over the other then they can just buy the GN sets.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:55 pm

Gonzo wrote:You should be putting ideas like this is spoiler tags; otherwise, Ian can't use them.

These are general enough that I don't think it's a concern.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby ShadowBat20 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:20 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:A good way to expand the mega man comic is to NOT put it on hiatus

Hit the nail on the head.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby Spin » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:27 pm

Giving us a second book to get up to speed to the amount of issues the book would have been on without the hiatus. Then converting that book into Mega Man X.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:00 pm

If it doesn't cost too much a MMX series to accompany the classic would be best.

Spoiler: show
Wacky crossovers helped the main Archie book, why not a wacky crossover that isn't with Sonic? I've never read Archie's Fox series, but it sounds about up MM's alley (and not within the main book - a miniseries would be cool). MAYBE it'd be nice if the series didn't translate the games so literally. Like, with MM going down each level. I like that, but if it was changed I don't think I'd miss it.

I just hope they don't drop the plot points or decide to skip right until MM10.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Return to For Everlasting Peace!