Mega Man Cartoon by Man of Action in Development

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man Cartoon by Man of Action in Development

Postby Mordum » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:55 am

Partywagon wrote:USM and AA, on the other hand, I feel are the results of Marvel's joes looking down on the children who watch the crap they put on TV cuz they're still bitter about the Disney acquisition.

Pulling something like that out of your behind must've really hurt.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:11 pm

Mordum wrote:
Partywagon wrote:USM and AA, on the other hand, I feel are the results of Marvel's joes looking down on the children who watch the crap they put on TV cuz they're still bitter about the Disney acquisition.

I have no doubt in my mind Marvel thinks the kids watching their shows are brain dead. Considering Jeph Loeb said himself the "Kid's can't follow overarching stories."
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Mordum » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:15 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Mordum wrote:

I have no doubt in my mind Marvel thinks the kids watching their shows are brain dead. Considering Jeph Loeb said himself the "Kid's can't follow overarching stories."

Let me use some bold to help you out.

Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Partywagon » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:05 pm

Not even necessary.

And either way, regardless of whether or not I joked about Marvel being bitter, the fact of the matter is that they seem to be looking down on the same kids that follow the plots of shows like Gravity Falls since the XD shows are pretty much interchangeable and don't really tell any kind of meaningful story or challenge the viewer much.
Partywagon
BumbleNewbie

Postby Mordum » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:50 pm

Partywagon wrote:

Not even necessary.

And either way, regardless of whether or not I joked about Marvel being bitter, the fact of the matter is that they seem to be looking down on the same kids that follow the plots of shows like Gravity Falls since the XD shows are pretty much interchangeable and don't really tell any kind of meaningful story or challenge the viewer much.

It is necessary, because you're making crap up and are completely stretching with your interpretation.

Why would Marvel be bitter about the acquisition that gave them the financial backing to create what's now one of the biggest successes in blockbuster history? And more importantly, if Marvel WAS bitter, why would they make intentionally poor products in some way to get back at the people who now has COMPLETE POWER over their job security? And allowed them to make the most successful media empire in the history of blockbusters.

The level of bitterness (there's that word, I guess) over the current Marvel shows among nerds weirds me out.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Partywagon » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:59 pm

Mordum wrote:
Partywagon wrote:

Not even necessary.

It is necessary, because you're making crap up and are completely stretching with your interpretation.

Why would Marvel be bitter about the acquisition that gave them the financial backing to create what's now one of the biggest successes in blockbuster history? And more importantly, if Marvel WAS bitter, why would they make intentionally poor products in some way to get back at the people who now has COMPLETE POWER over their job security? And allowed them to make the most successful media empire in the history of blockbusters.

The level of bitterness (there's that word, I guess) over the current Marvel shows among nerds weirds me out.

Making what crap up, exactly? The joke I made that clearly flew over your head? And it's pretty funny that you're explaining all this to one of the few people that actually didnt mind the acquisition. I'm not entirely sure why you're getting so defensive over this,really. I doubt you have any personal stock in the shows. Saying I'm bitter is presuming a lot, I mean, they're not great shows IMO and I don't hate them or anything, but at the same time I don't really care about either of them. The main point of my comment, which I have repeated once already is that the shows are a bit too simple and look like they're supposed to give kids a quick fix of the characters' movie personalities as per studio mandate. That's just what I think.

Either way I'm excited for the show, I like most of MoA's work and I trust them to do Mega Man justice. And worst I think it'll be "meh."
Partywagon
BumbleNewbie

Postby Mordum » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:07 am

No, the joke I get.

My point is that it's just...a dumb joke? It doesn't really illustrate anything? Everyone always points toward it being Disney's fault these shows suck when it's really all Marvel. Making nonsensical jokes is really just as annoying.

I don't like Marvel. They make crappy comics, crappy movies, and crappy TV. But that is ultimately their fault, and even joking about HUR HUR DISNEY just doesn't make sense to me at this point because...like, what're you even joking about? You're making fun of something that doesn't even really exist, and something you even support, for...no real reason, I guess?

Honestly, I do offer slight apology, because most of this is just me realizing I've still heard this crap enough I STILL kneejerk over people who have this idea the Disney acquisition was some terrible thing that ruined their precious comic books when it didn't really change things in the way they thought it did. It's not that I didn't notice the joke as much as, at this point, you have to understand how unbelievably frustrating that people who say that crap actually DO still exist.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Betz! » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:26 pm

What if it was Robots In Disguise type animation?
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:52 pm

Betz! wrote:What if it was Robots In Disguise type animation?

I what to see Flash...

Animation quality I hope we get,

Animation quality what I think we will get,
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!