Fire Man: Left out in the cold?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Fire Man: Left out in the cold?

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Fire Man (classic) vs Torch Man (Battle Network). All my want.
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:36 pm

comic321 wrote:Fire Man (classic) vs Torch Man (Battle Network). All my want.

Ooh, I like this. You could even include PC Torch Man for some fun:

Fire Man-You look like me, but your name is the same as his.

Torch Man (BN)-I know, it's weird.

Torch Man (PC)-You don't hear me complaining!
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:26 am

So, I was re-examining "Rockman Strategy" and discovered that Flame Man-along with the other five Mega Man Robot Masters-is featured as an enemy in the game. This makes two games (not counting xover) where Fire Man and the other Robot Masters end up fighting for Wily again. I'm curious to see how Ian addresses this given Dr. Light's safeguards; granted, Strategy may never see an adapt (I don't know how popular it is) but I imagine we'll be seeing an adapt of "Dr. Wily's Revenge" at some point in order to get the Mega Man Killers in on the action.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:24 am

I still think of the MM1 robots as bad guys, mainly due to the cartoon and several adaptations keeping them as such.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:28 pm

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:So, I was re-examining "Rockman Strategy" and discovered that Flame Man-along with the other five Mega Man Robot Masters-is featured as an enemy in the game. This makes two games (not counting xover) where Fire Man and the other Robot Masters end up fighting for Wily again. I'm curious to see how Ian addresses this given Dr. Light's safeguards; granted, Strategy may never see an adapt (I don't know how popular it is) but I imagine we'll be seeing an adapt of "Dr. Wily's Revenge" at some point in order to get the Mega Man Killers in on the action.

Flame Man or Fire Man?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:34 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:So, I was re-examining "Rockman Strategy" and discovered that Flame Man-along with the other five Mega Man Robot Masters-is featured as an enemy in the game. This makes two games (not counting xover) where Fire Man and the other Robot Masters end up fighting for Wily again. I'm curious to see how Ian addresses this given Dr. Light's safeguards; granted, Strategy may never see an adapt (I don't know how popular it is) but I imagine we'll be seeing an adapt of "Dr. Wily's Revenge" at some point in order to get the Mega Man Killers in on the action.

Flame Man or Fire Man?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

...Fire Man, sorry. Funny thing is, they apparently switched the names of those two in Strategy as well.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Astrobot7000 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:52 pm

So here we are, still no Fire Man... kind of a shame really. I guess he isn't going to be used for a long time, if ever. I mean, we have the two Mega Man 3 arcs, and then the crossover, and then, who knows. But at the very elast it's going to be another half a year before he even gets a chance to do anything cool.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby ShadowBat20 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:27 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:So here we are, still no Fire Man... kind of a shame really. I guess he isn't going to be used for a long time, if ever. I mean, we have the two Mega Man 3 arcs, and then the crossover, and then, who knows. But at the very elast it's going to be another half a year before he even gets a chance to do anything cool.

Who knows, maybe the original Robot Masters (and by extension, Fire Man) will have an expanded role in this crossover. I hope.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:29 pm

Agreed-it would beat the deus ex machina role they were relegated to during Worlds Collide.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:46 am

Actually, what could beat the time displaced mass attack of all robot masters in worlds collide? What else could Ian possible do to top that?

Other than all Mavericks of the x universe that is.

Time Man would have to step up for the crossover but, yeah, let's see some Fire Man.
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:52 pm

FeroMcPigletron wrote:Actually, what could beat the time displaced mass attack of all robot masters in worlds collide? What else could Ian possible do to top that?

Time Man would have to step up for the crossover but, yeah, let's see some Fire Man.

I wasn't referring to the attack of the giant Robot Master Army-just the fact that in twelve issues of Sonic meets Mega Man, the Mega Man (Powered Up) Robot Masters show up on a single page. Granted, it provided the needed distraction for Proto Man, Knuckles, Dr. Light, and Rush to sneak off and save the Blue Boys, but it was kinda sad.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:12 am

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:
FeroMcPigletron wrote:Actually, what could beat the time displaced mass attack of all robot masters in worlds collide? What else could Ian possible do to top that?

I wasn't referring to the attack of the giant Robot Master Army-just the fact that in twelve issues of Sonic meets Mega Man, the Mega Man (Powered Up) Robot Masters show up on a single page. Granted, it provided the needed distraction for Proto Man, Knuckles, Dr. Light, and Rush to sneak off and save the Blue Boys, but it was kinda sad.

The story was a very "mega Man" story, but in terms of characters important to the plot, Sonic dominated Worlds Collide
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:42 am

Well now that the comic is over we never did get to see Fire Man do anything cool. The most we got was he andega talking where Mega Man states, in a very meta fashion, that they should interact more. That's very unfortunate. Fire Man never got a time to shine.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!