CBR has new images and details about #34.

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: CBR has new images and details about #34.

Postby SonicSoul » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:02 am

El Veinte wrote:
SonicSoul wrote:Anyone think the Reploid X and Cain are working on in that one panel could be Vile?

I didn't see a panel where they were working on a Reploid...?

Spoilered for size.
Spoiler: show
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:29 am

SonicSoul wrote:
El Veinte wrote:
SonicSoul wrote:Anyone think the Reploid X and Cain are working on in that one panel could be Vile?

I didn't see a panel where they were working on a Reploid...?

Spoilered for size.
Spoiler: show

It looks most like Vile, but I thought Sigma was one of if not the first Reploid. The size different might be perspective making the reploid appear larger than X, but it could also be a stripped down Sigma as well.
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:58 am

You are correct. Sigma was the first Reploid created by Dr. Cain.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby RadRed89 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:30 am

I'm gonna say it's either Vile or a generic Reploid. It's too short to be Sigma, and whoever it is looks like they're wearing a helmet.

Kinda funny to see X being a helper robot in a lab like Rock was for Dr. Light.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:50 am

RadRed89 wrote:I'm gonna say it's either Vile or a generic Reploid. It's too short to be Sigma, and whoever it is looks like they're wearing a helmet.

Kinda funny to see X being a helper robot in a lab like Rock was for Dr. Light.

That may very well be the case, but for a generic reploid, I couldn't see this sort of dynamic between X and Cain. This looks more like an experiment or prototype situation. Perhaps that is what it is. The body is very reminiscent of X after all. Perhaps this is a failed prototype prior to Sigma.
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby Tcat » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:40 pm

My vote goes for Green Biker Dude. :P

It makes sense prototypes were made before Sigma. Testing and bug working and all that. Though in all likelihood that's probably take 2 or 3.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:32 pm

Mega Man Monthly wrote:You are correct. Sigma was the first Reploid created by Dr. Cain.

Which makes absolutely no sense and contradicts some of the other material.

No, that reploid being assembled is neither Vile nor Sigma.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:42 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:
Mega Man Monthly wrote:You are correct. Sigma was the first Reploid created by Dr. Cain.

Which makes absolutely no sense and contradicts some of the other material.

It does? I know the X series isn't exactly known for congruity with its canon and universe, but the only material I've ever seen regarding the role of "first Reploid" gives that title to Sigma. (It was a sourcebook called the "Compendium of Rockman X" that released in 2005.)
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Illustrious Q » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:52 pm

It also has to do with the fact that Sigma is also the most Advanced reploid ever created.

Which doesn't make any logical sense, since technology only becomes more advanced (not less) with each new technical iteration. (Barring a technical regression following the collapse of civilization, as happened with Europe following the collapse of the Roman Empire).

X and Zero are the exceptions since the reploids are reversed engineered from X's design.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:55 pm

Illustrious Q wrote:It also has to do with the fact that Sigma is also the most Advanced reploid ever created.

Which doesn't make any logical sense, since technology only becomes more advanced (not less) with each new technical iteration. (Barring a technical regression following the collapse of civilization, as happened with Europe following the collapse of the Roman Empire).

X and Zero are the exceptions since the reploids are reversed engineered from X's design.

While I don't disagree, it's also a common trope for prototypes to be massively superior to the later models for no apparent reason. I could see Sigma fitting into that trope even though I would call "X" the true Reploid prototype.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... rPrototype
Last edited by Mega Man Monthly on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Illustrious Q » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:57 pm

Which is highly illogical.

I also hate TVtropes.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:58 pm

Illustrious Q wrote:Which is highly illogical.

Again, agreed... But, it is what it is. Amusingly, the first listing in the Video-Game section on that article is Proto Man.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:01 pm

Illustrious Q wrote:It also has to do with the fact that Sigma is also the most Advanced reploid ever created.

Many would argue that Proto Man is more powerful and he's DEFINITELY a prototype. It's in his name! :(hearty laughter):

Seriously though, Sigma may truly be the most advanced at the time, but that doesn't mean he started that way. Being Reploid #1 may have also meant he ended up being a testbed for all sorts of new advancements along the way. Another scenario is that he was the most advanced from the beginning and that mass production limited the capabilities of future Reploids compared to his personal touches.
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:40 pm

Part of it is Sigma coming after X, as folks have already pointed out. The underlying "flaw" of the entire reploid line is that Cain couldn't perfectly replicate Dr. Light's work on X. The very first attempt at copying X, with known shortcomings, cannot logically be one of the end-all, be-all super reploids.

Secondly, Sigma was built to be the ultimate answer to the Maverick issue. He was built to be smart enough and powerful enough to lead the Hunters and defeat anything that went Maverick. How could he built to do all that before there were reploids/Mavericks/Hunters?

MMX is rife with contradictions, inconsistencies and half-thought-out ideas. (Lumine's line in X8 about the ability to "choose to go Maverick" makes me want to scream) When approaching MMX, I'm going to be looking at the series on a whole and looking at how to make it work for the comic. It will not be 100% perfectly word-for-word, it will definitely be the "Archie version," but it will be as faithful as possible while telling a coherent story.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:55 pm

I like the X series most as it relates to the Classic series, so X4 and X5 are the only ones I know about. (I tried to play X1-3 and X6-X8 but I couldn't beat any of the bosses :(
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!